Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

RIGHT!!!!

just one more cup of tea, and I am going to do some modelling.

Come on then, hurry up! :)

Some of us are hard at work here, WISHING we could do some modelling

/sneaky look at RMWeb whilst in between sending exhibition panels to print ;)

Unlikely   ...   not needed anymore  ........

Julian

That is your pacemaker

......................   so old, been dead for years and just don't know it   ...............

one last a post and THEN, I am off to do some modelling.

Dresses, handbags or shoes   ...............     ;)

Take care not to get your Suspenders tangled in Jaz's new 18" Mk lll   ..............     :butcher:

Ok ..  coat - door - now  .....

It is not his fault he is waiting for me to agree what we are doing. Well he deciders I nod, then later when I hope he's forgotten I give it a twist :angel:

It hasn't helped that every day this week I have had to go to the doctors or nurse,or hospital for hydro therapy with my dad. This week has been seriously eaten into. Am off to the doctors now as well. (well I have been and am back) Still we made time to sort out and chalk down what is a definite. So terraforming can push forward. As Kal says the back area will need some fancy footwork to look right. We are doing the back first so as to not lean over good work and ruin it. The idea of liftable elements has been a god send as we pop new parts of Goathland safety out of the way. Hiding the back 2 and in some case 4 tracks will be the tricky bit, as we would like them to be hidden from Goahland / Heartbeat area, but still able to be used for photographing. A long run that you can see the locos whizz along on.

Plus we had a laugh yesterday morning..... when we should have been modelling. But got some good pointers out of it making it worthwhile. :sungum:

Sasquatch added photos of his own craftsman kits on his gallery.Which I have had a look at, need to see the kits, but he has pointed out some changes. lovely work.Any way. I have to return a damaged parcel, then we will go brave the loft.

Quick one, it is almost our 27th anniversary, and 27th is a sculpture. Hmmmmm, once he adds up all the money we are spending on PIR and 'sculpting' for our terraforming I have the dark feeling that he will will tease me that it.s job done  :sungum:

Jaz

I use the chopper (the small cheap one) and it is excellent for cutting Evergreen strip but consider that the maximum it will cut is about 1mm x 6mm and even at that the cut will not be really true. It will not touch the Wills sheet. For cutting Wills sheets I gave up on using a knife a long time ago except for putting a light scribe mark on it, it is just too difficult to get the line true. I use a good old fashioned fret saw and then file to the line. Its slow and makes a great mess but gets the line true. Using the saw and file also means that curves and corners are no harder than straight lines. Filing mitres is also difficult, it takes a long time to get it right but well worth the effort. If you are familiar with a fret saw table, something like this

http://www.fine-tools.com/l301813a.jpg

then I find that is also useful for holding the sheet over the edge to file the mitre. I just use a simple home made version from a bit if 6mm MDF and it works fine.

Stu

• Like 1

Well got some modelling done eventually, cut out the River section on the far side of Goathland and started to contour the foam board for the siding. Crazy how long it takes just trying to get the measurements correct from a selection of Photo's and Maps. Really shows up just how close Sasquatch is to the real thing, I can see some compromises, but you would never know until you get out the ruler so to speak.

We too will need to do that, but will make them as minimal as we can.

I will see if Jaz can put up some Photos later, though in truth there is not a lot more to show yet, unless I put up an scan of our Grey Matter