Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

dt post 1399

You might well be seeing others too, such as owls,and pheasants,crested grebes to mention a few. As yet we have no turkeys  :D Maybe next Xmas. You notice the sheep have no lambs  :angel: .THe smell of mnt sauce is prevelant in the vacinity.

There will soon be other wildlife popping up soon, hedgehogs, squirrels, weasels, though you might not want to be a poor rabbit!!!!

unluckyrabbit01.jpg

Edited by Jaz

dt post 1401

We did our time listening to TV, but that is now ex rather than X, because instead we watch the graceful, and sometimes not so graceful. executions on the dance floor. Although Kal always seems so much more interested in the costumes   :blum:

Edited by Jaz

Ooooohhhhh  .............................................     :O    ......................     Irish Mist  ..........................................     :angel:

but there is a serious lack of Irish Mist...and some of the chocolate boxes have taken a pounding....if he adds many more pounds magic or no he will have trouble getting down many more chimneys.

Poor old _anta get_ the blame for lot_ of thing_    .....................         :nono:

Are you quite _ure that there i_ not the _lightest of a typo there???    ............................   pqr tuvw..................            Oooop_ it must be catching  .......     :jester:

• Like 1

Abbiegails (Hornby Spares) 

We have started the sale today in response to the many requests. Good luck
in finding a bargain, you are unlikely to see prices like these again.

To be fair to all customers there is a limit of 10 of any one spare per
order. Multiple orders will all attract p&p at the full rate.

Merry Christmas from all at www.hornbyspares.com

Been unwrapping the Xmas presses........

made a real mess........

everyone knows that this is the best bit.........

take some wrapping paper

med_gallery_17883_2781_171546.jpgrmweb348xmas1

one still 'wrapped'

med_gallery_17883_2781_516084.jpgrmweb247xmas2

I wonder who gets to tidy up the mess................

med_gallery_17883_2781_106351.jpgrmweb246xmas1

Wheres the saw.................

74018htm.jpgno not big enough..........SJ062.jpgyep about right

now to play with the Xmas pressie.........

Take it easy now Jaz    ........................................................    not too excited, or you will end up foaming at the mouth   .....................

Ok  ...   yep, there was wine with the lunch   .....................        :scratchhead:

I'm right royally stuffed.........stuffed.

english lamb, paxo stuffing, yorkshire puddings, mint sauce, gravy with meat juices and veg water, cheese sauce with french mustard, roast potatoes (Mrs Beetons) parsnips, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, sprouts. Seconds.....erm thirds. Yep stuffed. If anyone says dessert.....I'll be.......near the chocolate boxes :sungum: . Only question is after a J20 rather than a wine can I manage to roll to the drinks cabinet for a baileys or an amoretto.

• Like 2

It's rough, it's ready......and perhaps not too steady.........

med_gallery_17883_3001_182349.jpgrmweb249terraforming1

still a little flat earth society, but give it time, lets hope we have enough of the green stuff!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3001_285176.jpgrmweb250terraforming2

hogsmeade end

med_gallery_17883_3001_214487.jpgrmweb251terraforming3

Goathland end

med_gallery_17883_3001_463677.jpgrmweb253terraforming5

med_gallery_17883_3001_47644.jpgrmweb251terraforming4

The tracks to the bridge and the tunnel beyond, and eventually what this is all about a loco or even a train.

After this batch I'm off to go check on Kal and see how the terraforming is proceeding. All work stops for Who? You know who!!! Dr Who.  :sungum:

• Like 4

Well.... I enjoyed Dr Who, but I was hoping he went out with a bang, same way he arrived. Feel a bit underwhelmed by the ending. Considering how great a Doctor Matt was, I felt he should have had more than an hour for the final episode.

Edited by Kal

The link below,.......... it languishes in a corner,..........

An unopened/unwanted/unloved........ Christmas Present ............you know who it is from.....but,

like most BoardGames, could cause family midrift's and disputes,throughout the coming New year.  :O

:drag:  :drag:  :drag:

Tis,......now,    Boxing Day,....... curiosity, ( inquisitive thinking). has now, got the better of you......... :beee: 

IDBackscenes

It has now been  rewrapped and relabelled, ........"Return to Sender, Addressee Unknown"

Edited by David Todd

Terraforming continues

A grid was added to the new PIR and cutting  :butcher: took place. The foam boards from Goathlnad to Hogsmeade are now in place, more cutting will be required, and colouring of course

The bridge and tunnel beginning to form

med_gallery_17883_3001_678112.jpgrmweb254terraforming6

Some buildings and trees added to give an idea of how we might work this

med_gallery_17883_3001_678112.jpgrmweb255terraforming7

You can see the width that the bridge will end up, the extra is left to allow modelling

med_gallery_17883_3001_75451.jpgrmweb256terraforming8

The elm at the back left is the big one just recently modelled

med_gallery_17883_3001_524920.jpgrmweb258terraforming10

roads will slope up and down to more from one board to another.

med_gallery_17883_3001_344224.jpgrmweb258terraforming10

There is couple more pictures but uploads are very slow I'll add them later.

Th...th... that's all folks                                  :jester:

• Like 7

Hi Will

Yes it does, but we have four tracks running back there, so we need to hide them, and so are trying to decide on either

Ignoring the landscape that side of the bridge, we have already by the fact there is a tunnel which is not on the prototype

Or... Making the back tracks look like the river and the road, by disguising them

Or... Using a photographic back scene to hide the tracks.

Thank you for being observant, we like to have feed back on things we may have missed :)

Edited by Kal