Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

The new 6in tree, it is down on the river curve at the bottom of the bank

med_gallery_17883_2878_497444.jpgRMWEB232TREES1

A picture showing off the river eventually the railway bridge will be visible here

med_gallery_17883_2878_42750.jpgRMWEB233TREES2

and so will the cattle grid

med_gallery_17883_2878_523807.jpgRMWEB234TREES3

A view looking down the bank, and where the cattle grid will be

med_gallery_17883_2878_43769.jpgRMWEB235TREES4

• Like 6

Julian

Just down your street......well just down Port Lynn High Street......No not a plane nor a helicopter.......

med_gallery_17883_2878_61510.jpgrmwb237trees6

The Traffic Warden is contemplating if it stops dare she give it a ticket.....

med_gallery_17883_2878_85167.jpgrmweb238tank1

Some people are just oblivious, surely with that rattling down the street you would turn and look

med_gallery_17883_2878_289182.jpgrmweb239tank2

RAF Zollywood, unsuspecting of the new visitor

med_gallery_17883_2878_599198.jpgrmweb240RAF1

• Like 3

Terraforming on a new 100mm piece, the foil was a cow to remove, then the grid was drawn up, and the road matched off the Goathand birdseye.

med_gallery_17883_2878_347823.jpgrmwebterraforming1

The cuts uncover the tracks from Goathlnad and the form will hopefully form the bridge.

med_gallery_17883_2878_150003.jpgrmweb242terraforming2

• Like 3

In the distance you can see the weir forming

med_gallery_17883_2878_209285.jpgrmweb243weir1

As you walk along the bank you get closer to the weir, 

med_gallery_17883_2878_26395.jpgrmweb244weir2

From this distance the light makes them look fine. As I join the water and it starts to start to look ok close up I will put up a set that are forming but have not yet been transferred in.

And one past the weir to the curve with the new tree

med_gallery_17883_2878_458571.jpgrmweb245trees1

• Like 4

Hi Gruffalo and Mkwolf

Thank you and have a great Christmas.

It is getting feedback that it helps, and the constructive criticism. And encouragement that makes posting worthwhile.

Thank you all who have contributed over the year and those that prefer just to observe, you help us to improve.

hornbyandbf3fan

Unfortunately it is one of two (we have the other not yet located Kal thinks it was a US tank edit=He remembered it's a A1 Abrahms in desert storm livery) that we bought many years ago when our boys were not quite in their teens. So unfortunately I don't think it would help to say. But I think they are Tamiyas, if you still want me to check, although they are almost as old as you, I can go up into our loft and check.

Edited by Jaz

Scott, 

we have had some great laughs at the other place, and some more since we came here with dt, Julian,C&WR, Silky_Jack and yourself. The laughs we have had have made this hobby special. I hope our friendship will last a long time. New friends, have of course broadened the enjoyment. But moving over here as a group gave us all a boost I think. We have had a great year, and I raise a glass in the hope we will all have many more.

Kal,perhaps I should rename him Jake - but that might make me Elwood!!!!! did say when we left the other place he would put the band back together, and the majority of us are indeed here. Though we never did get Mr Fabulous lol. He had too good a gig.

• Like 1

Hi Both,

Missed this last night  .....

Julian
Just down your street......well just down Port Lynn High Street......No not a plane nor a helicopter...

..................   Thing is it was about then, some Old Duffer only went and parked his Reindeer and Cart right on the Conservatory roof    .....................     THEN, went on to demand a Carrot for the beast - [which I might add it only ate half of and left the rest on the floor, for some-one to clear up ...  no guesses as to who that might be then]

........................  Not satisfied with that, the Old Fella just up and demanded a glass of Port 'cause it was so cold              ...............    only went on to spot the Mince Pies and just HAD to have one of those too    .....................

.......   all very well but he scattered sugar from the top of the Mince Pie all over the floor and then the "B" Reindeer went and stepped in it leaving marks all over the floor  .................   :O

...   left the empty Port glass for someone to tidy up too  ....

I said to him that he had better keep out of the way of H&S what with his Cart piled up so high like that - right dangerous it was   ..................   all I got in reply was "Ho Ho Ho" [and a big grin]   .......    :nono:

Well, I was right 'though - when he went a whole load of the packages fell right off the Cart and he was gone before I could stop him   .................   well there was nothing for it but to tidy them out of the way ready to take them to Lost and Found in the morning   ........................      and clear all that mess before Mini Driver came down in the morning and started asking questions   .........      :declare:

....................   Enough to try the patience of a [Northern] Saint, I tell you   ...............  Thinking about it I should have got a "Banning Clause" written into the Contract for the Conservatory when it was built  .......     :declare:

Anyway - back to your Post there - which comedian was it let G&WR out wiv 'is Mota then, eh? - created enough holes in the scenery wiv 'is gun, last time he was out in it, somewhere foreign   ..........   :senile:    

Have a lovely Christmas Day   .....   I'm just off for a Cuppa and check those packages I stuffed out of the way under the tree, in the Conservatory  .....   

J post 1397

Well I have a serious issue with old Santa Claus...... obviously he imbibed far too much of the port, and was subsequently Brahmms and List, and whilst he was listing, possible trying to stop presents dropping willy nilly all over the place his parking took a turn for the worst. He should have come in throughout the second chimney with the nice shiny ariel.......but no he decided to try and get in the one with the cowl....... it is now sat sadly on our patio covered in soot wires dangling........

some non believer said it was just high winds, but I know it was santa.....

the port was safety in the drinks cabinet but there is a serious lack of Irish Mist...and some of the chocolate boxes have taken a pounding....if he adds many more pounds magic or no he will have trouble getting down many more chimneys.!!!! Perhaps he only delivers once a year because he has to spend the rest of it dieting!!!!!!

Which might be the case for a few others if they keep poping the Lindt balls down their face  :angel:

Edited by Jaz