Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I think these graffiti artists are better than the regular kind :sungum: The regular ones drink cans, wear hoodies and randomly vandalise walls. Where as these make bare walls look good !

Hi Jaz, have been away for the weekend so I missed your Kiwi research - the kiwi on the wall is looking great and thank you for adding my name. Your research was spot-on about the different types. Getting off-topic, but we were lucky enough in 2011 to visit a bird sanctuary north of Wellington and be the first public to see a 5 day old pure white kiwi (incredibly rare as they are not albino but occur if two parents both have a recessive gene).

post-20290-0-81714500-1405314133_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Oi!   .............................................

aligning eyes noses and mouths over the cracks is proving challenging.........

....................     we aren't THAT old yer know    .........................          :no2:

....................   An' we 'ain't completely deaf        .........................           :agree:            ....................      well - not when the batteries are new   ...........     :jester:  :jester:

getting the faces right took so much concentration i forgot to take pictures.....

needless to say if faces or bodies were too fat...i just redrew the back scene to thin them down

med_gallery_17883_2760_541903.jpgrmweb2493wall338

dt gave me some old pictures to play with......but they all looked like he was wearing false suntan.....LOL

so no wrinkles.....but he has an orange glow...... :jester:

he also supplied the picture for the other two.....now Jcredfer was messing about......and is now caught in the pose......LOL

med_gallery_17883_2760_58761.jpgrmweb2494wall339

And Richard J does not look much like him I am afraid to say.....for a business man he appears very camera shy...and I changed an almost

side on to a front face....and lost some of his character in the process. still he is here in spirit.

med_gallery_17883_2760_317352.jpgrmweb2495wall340

All three are good sports, although only two know they are up on the wall. But as Richard is not too recognisable I suspect he won't mind....

should he ever read this....and supply a couple of pictures....I'll do an update.

med_gallery_17883_2760_340171.jpgrmweb2496wall341

The Captain, the sergeant and the corporal. And as so many put the British flag upside down, and putting it behind them would make

it hard to see and thus align...I copped out and used the colours for the immortalised........Don't Panic......DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Well Done Jaz......................

I appear to be 18 year's old........demoted in rank and have lost my moustache,

Licensed................ :butcher: .............. :jester:

If I add wrinkles, and don't know where to place them.....they won't be YOUR wrinkles.....(I can update when you next visit...I f I have THAT much paint.... :jester:   :jester:

Kal said the moustache was too light....don't panic......I'll darken it.....otherwise you have a very long top lip.....in the picture with you on the phone I can only see the bottom lip....with that hairy caterpillar crawling along ......LOL

18 years old? Maybe I should add a scarf and make you Pikey instead  :jester:   :jester: Anyway your the one with the medals :sungum: .

If I get everyone else in I offered a spot, and I am close I might still make you a Dover shark as well. Seeing as J gets two spots, and you two are our oldest friends.....hmmm....that CAN read wrong...... I mean been our friends the longest...... :sungum:   :sungum:

Posted Today, 09:37
Anyway your the one with the medals 

Forgot to send you this................................Brazil       Basildon  Bond 2013. Layout winner........

Bit of a hot day,...for everyone,...........30+.

post-13585-0-38993200-1405418241_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Forgot to send you this................................Brazil       Basildon  Bond 2013. Layout winner........

Bit of a hot day,...for everyone,...........30+.

attachicon.gifP1050795(1).JPG

because when we see you ...you are usually smiling....i actually think the younger pictures look much more like you....(i.e. a smile = an instant face lift) if asked to do a photofit I would have thought the moustache much darker....that picture makes you look more like the Sergeant in the middle!!! And I think you must have had a late night....because your eyes never struck me as so puffy either.

Then again I do not think of Julian as being old....not with such a young daughter.....where's the old dog emote when u need one :jester: or the raiding the cradle / where's the lucky old dog emote too.. :jester:  :jester: 

I think because of my art back ground I tend to pay much more attention to the bone structure....rather than the smaller details....unless actually drawing. And I am really useless at doing stuff from memory. I need to have the subject in front of me, even if only in a picture.

Perhaps we should put up the orange sun tan picture with you holding the phone....as that actually looks like you....with dyed hair  :jester:  minus the odd wrinkle....or 20 :jester:

Without Richard and Pete's ok I don't know if we should show the one of J fooling around....Was J doing the ear thing (How much!!!!!) .........just before he slapped his forehead?  :jester:

But I was tempted by the first picture he sent to us when we arranged to meet......cheeky devil sent a picture of .......a camel!!!!!!!

Surely for everyone    .......   30+

the younger ones will be just as hot   .....    :sungum:   ...........      :jester:

Thirty,degrees, in temperature,   not year's.................who made you sare gent ?  Ah ,yes forgot..................Public skool......,    

While I still have the GBRF 66s on the layout....I'll add the new Medite.....so glad Kal managed to get one off ebay at a good price.....one less thing in the paint queue. Talking of which. The weather is perfect for the airbrush. So once I finish the graffiti. I think some locos will finally get butchered....only now Kal does not need one of the spares 66s for the Medite....I suspect he has already allocated it for something else. How Mick / Newbryford manages all the grooves will need to be investigated. I wonder if he specified it on his yellow thread.....must dash.......

Caption Competition:

Bob hid his head in the trellis when he realised he had the wrong colour polo shirt...

you should count yourself lucky I could have done YOU in your pink rugby gear.......especially as we have THE picture.....

you should count yourself lucky I could have done YOU in your pink rugby gear.......especially as we have THE picture.....

I was head to toe in pink.  It was the rest of the team who were the odd ones out because they weren't...

150,000........... :scared: 

Ha!!!!! I have seen your posts......you are catching up so quick now it's US who is :scared:  :scared:  :scared:

if they didn't count the person whose thread it was ....our numbers would be much lower.....though of course....that would only remove KALs input....as it is HIS thread.

I'm just the chatty photographer painter and chief bottle washer.....or monkey....the organ grinder as usual is busy working. :jester:  :jester:  :jester: at least thats what he tells me......it does not explain the computer shoot em up noises :angel:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

it does not explain the computer shoot em up noises :angel:

He shoots computers?? :O :o

I know I get fed up with my servers, but I've never taken a 12-bore to them - yet :butcher:

(Although there is a large lump hammer hung in a prominent position in the server room, just where all the machines can see it - it's amazing how well behaved they are ;) )

• Like 2

He shoots computers?? :O :o

I know I get fed up with my servers, but I've never taken a 12-bore to them - yet :butcher:

(Although there is a large lump hammer hung in a prominent position in the server room, just where all the machines can see it - it's amazing how well behaved they are ;) )

I always thought threatening to turn the air conditioning off.....waves a pair of small nail scissors.......was enough to bring them out in a cold sweat.......LOL

• RMweb Gold

I always thought threatening to turn the air conditioning off.....waves a pair of small nail scissors.......was enough to bring them out in a cold sweat.......LOL

Nah, if you do that they get all hot and bothered and start shouting very loudly.

I remember a few years ago in another office both the primary and secondary aircon blew a fuse over the weekend, and when I arrived on Monday morning you could hear the servers from outside, (fans on full) and you could have boiled water on the filing cabinets in the server room :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

One of the main problems with semi-conductors, which is what the processors are, is that they acquire the ability to sense emotions.  The two main things they are sensitive to is, 1) that you think you are in control and the computer will do what you want it to, and 2) is your stress levels.

In both cases they will mess you about, right up to the point where you are nearly mad enough to throw them across the room.  The answer is to remain calm and get it to do what you want.  (The rubber hammer is a good idea as well.)

(If you do not believe me the first half of this post deleted itself and 'undo' could not bring it back!)

Oh yes - very important    .........................

The answer is to remain calm and get it to do what you want.  (The rubber hammer is a good idea as well.)

....................................      a steel hammer makes a real mess when you hit yourself over the head, in frustration at the computer  .........      :O  :O

The computers at a school I worked at knew which Tech had walked into the room   ............   they would fail to function in some sort of way and we would try all the usual things to trick it into working again   .......   still fail, so call the Techs     ...............    if any of the others arrived, you would show them what was wrong and this would initiate the standard teeth-sucking routine, culminating in the computer going to prison the Tech Room for a Medical, before being returned, after a suitable disruptive period of time     ...................   :locomotive:  .............    However  ........................     if a certain Lady Tech walked in through the door in response to a call     ...............    she would also ask you to demo the fault, as per routine    ........................    BUT   ...............................     the bliddy computer would perform perfectly   ...     :O    :angry:     ......................   

[PS - yes she was pretty, young and had a lovely personality    ..................    but  ..  NO!  ..  the faults were NOT invented just to get her to appear and chat   .......    it might have been an idea but you didn't know which Tech would get the message about the fault  ..  so there  ...   :no:   :angel:  ]

There was another of the Techs, who got called, because one of the computers would not read from a Floppy Disc [Yes, yes - that long ago   :picknose: ]  

He walked in, totally unaware of the whole raft of comments, which had preceded his entry -

- all started by a quite well endowed 6th form lass, who announced the failure of the disks, to download - "Sir, can you come over here and help me get my floppies into the computer, I've tried putting them in but nothing seems to happen." followed by one of the boys immediately offering assistance with her floppies, when she failed to pick up on the innuendo for a moment or two, she replied to him, rather stormily, "I don't want your hands on my floppies, thank you very much, but I trust Sir."     ......................    then the penny dropped and a few more "floppies" comments were added    ................    :O

.............   at which point the Tech walked in, completely unaware and announced to the room  ..  "Ok, give me the floppies all I need to do is rub my "Magic Thumbs" over them and make them work."  .....   :jester:  :jester:

The class erupted   ...........    

.............   even the Librarian outside the room door, who had heard the previous comments, spluttered in uncontrollable laughter  .................................    I believe the technical term for the rest of the lesson is a "Complete Write-off!"