Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

8000 replies.....

LOL..........

The world's 14 "eight-thousanders" -- mountains taller than 8,000 meters (26,247 feet) -- are all located in Asia. On one hand, they really beautify a horizon, but on the other they present a fierce, at times fatal, challenge to mountain climbers. Beauty can, indeed, be deadly. Here's the "baby" of the bunch, Shishapangma in Tibet, peaking at 8,027 meters (26,335 feet).

well we are NOT the 15th because even at 1:76 scale we can't compete LOL.
Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

med_gallery_17883_3195_291738.jpgrmweb3449spalding2014

and being O gauge this bridge was a feat of engineering in its own right massive at 3 or 4 feet easily......my arms were held as high as foible to get this picture.....

med_gallery_17883_3195_482499.jpg

and herein lies my confusion....anyone able to clarify would be marvellous.......

med_gallery_17883_3195_382041.jpg

I think this picture put with the last layout should be here....

med_gallery_17883_3195_109956.jpgrmweb3447spalding2014

and if you look at the title in the background and notice the large bridge to the left in this picture....

med_gallery_17883_3195_101722.jpgrmweb3448spalding2014

I think the table goes all the way around!!!!!!! Which means these go with the posts 7990 and 7991!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 9

Well done both  ...   great achievement and still as lively as ever

PS. Tell dt, this House-husband will hand over  today's duties with no problem.  My turn to host 3 x young ladies, of 8/9 years of age, for a couple of hours    ....... :O  :O  :O    he is welcome to take over any time     .......   :angel:

• Like 1

And now hopefully for a bit of sanity....although considering the owner is known as bedlam George....so how sane is that????? ....... who knows.....LOL......

med_gallery_17883_3195_362656.jpgrmweb3451spalding2014

med_gallery_17883_3195_218842.jpgrmweb3452spalding2014

med_gallery_17883_3195_14986.jpgrmweb3453spalding2014

med_gallery_17883_3195_356513.jpgrmweb3454spalding2014

• Like 9

Congratulations on achieving 8,000 posts. Can't wait to see what happens between here and 10,000 :locomotive:

Some stunning photos as usual Jaz. An early new years resolution for myself is less real life and more time modelling and getting to a few shows

More nice pics again Jaz, and Thanks, but I'm just a little concerned that it may / possibly WAS YOU who took the pics of the man having a quiet PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :O  

Kal was photographing.............. I was advising the angle.......sort of pseudo photographing.....I never looked at the guys back.... :stinker:

Sweven, acg_mr, Stubby47 etc etc .....I BLAME them all.......LOL

Kal even asked WHY would you want pictures of a urinal?????????

It's simple     ...............   a case of  ............

Kal was photographing.............. I was advising the angle.......sort of pseudo photographing.....I never looked at the guys back.... :stinker:

Sweven, acg_mr, Stubby47 etc etc .....I BLAME them all.......LOL

Kal even asked WHY would you want pictures of a urinal?????????

....................   gender jealousy    .......      :jester:  :jester:

Edit  ...........    now I'm off for a short holiday   ....   I may be gone for a while  ...!!

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

No J...your aiming up the wrong wall.

We thought lets put up all of these pictures from all these great layouts and see who gravitates to the toilet scene with some dubious humour ;)

:jester:

Edited by Kal
  • Like 1

I must accept being guilty ............................

No J...your aiming up the wrong wall.

We thought lets put up all of these pictures from all these great layouts and see who gravitates to the toilet scene with some dubious humour ;)

:jester:

...................   of joining you at the wall you Posted ......  [6 times   :jester:  ]   ................     :angel:  :angel:

...cont'd....

because the show was SO busy taking this in order was nigh on impossible hopefully I have put them back together in reasonable order, on some layout I had to make several visits in order to get to stand in a spot to take the pictures!!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3195_62443.jpg3486

med_gallery_17883_3195_159489.jpg3478

med_gallery_17883_3195_141743.jpg3487

med_gallery_17883_3195_92031.jpg3488

med_gallery_17883_3195_267786.jpg3489

med_gallery_17883_3195_399943.jpg3479

med_gallery_17883_3195_489426.jpg3480

med_gallery_17883_3195_717850.jpg3490

LOL got my knickers in a right twist with this one having so many pictures.....but I think it is all finally in order. Hope you like it.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations on 8000 posts.  Just goes to show what an interesting thread this is.

Thanks for the Spalding pics.  There's some cracking green stuff there which I've got my eye on for areas still to do on Camel Quay. Can I rise to the challenge?  :O

It looks like you enjoyed the show.  Looking forward to seeing some gained inspiration on AV.

Polly

the combine driver is going to have to do a  lot of shunting at the end of the field. Normally a field is combined by firstly taking 3 - 4 cuts around the outside. This creates space in which to turn at the ends for when field is cut from top to bottom - thus removing the risk of running over the crop.

Actually, he has created a headland (the technical term for what you describe) as you'll see in the third picture - three swaths running parallel to the fence.

At least no-one suggested the combine is the wrong way round.  The whole scene was created by a farmer who did know what he was modelling.

• Like 1

Actually, he has created a headland (the technical term for what you describe) as you'll see in the third picture - three swaths running parallel to the fence.

At least no-one suggested the combine is the wrong way round.  The whole scene was created by a farmer who did know what he was modelling.

Hi, thanks for the update, @Jc is also from a farming family. Which is good for us, as you say as he help with pointers regards the modelling. :sungum:we have combine harvesters that occasionally come in either side of us for cutting..

Do I assume your an operator from Thurston? If so, as I offered to Hoovernut for The Creekcrone and Rattleswick - who I had a good chat with at the show, if you wish you may use one of my pictures for your avatar if you wish, as I notice you have not added one to date. I can crop one if required. Hoovernut chose my favourite picture of their layout. I was chatting to one of their other operators first...as I love water features. so nice to speak to people who are knowledgeable about the layout  :sungum:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Well that's very kind, thank you. I've never felt the need for an avatar, to be honest.

I am usually one of the Thurston team, but this time I was there with Marske, which belongs to a friend of mine.  You've caught some of my stock in the background of one shot, which is always nice to see.

• Like 1