Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

Have Kernow replied mate? I was expecting them today to be honest,,,

Ben

Hattons have said the DCC Fitted versions are not available until 27 Feb so assume that would be the case of all retailers. Can only guess they are either having the chip fitted in the UK by Dapol or are on a second shipment from China.

Just spoken to one very busy fellow retailer. He said that 1/3rd of his large delivery have issues. Nothing that a soldering iron, glue de-bonder, paint remover, superglue re-attachment of plastic parts and dedicated shop owner with many hours of extra work ahead of him cannot will solve. Hats off to him for making sure they are perfect.

Not yet received ours but if we have similar issues then we will have no option but to return them.

Hoping ours will all be okay as both a retailer and a modeller who has ordered some for my own collection.

Good to know that Dapol have agreed to rectify the problem.

Just spoken to one very busy fellow retailer. He said that 1/3rd of his large delivery have issues. Nothing that a soldering iron, glue de-bonder, paint remover, superglue re-attachment of plastic parts and dedicated shop owner with many hours of extra work ahead of him cannot will solve. Hats off to him for making sure they are perfect.

Not yet received ours but if we have similar issues then we will have no option but to return them.

Hoping ours will all be okay as both a retailer and a modeller who has ordered some for my own collection.

That is dedication to deliver the best product to your customers when the factory cant get it spot on.

Ben

• RMweb Premium

Have they / Where has this come from?. Apologies if it's earlier in the thread and I've missed it.

I have a ScotRail one hopefully being delivered today and I splashed out £200 notes for the DRS Exclusive. At that proce, it will be going back if it's anything less than perfect.

• RMweb Gold

Have Kernow replied mate? I was expecting them today to be honest,,,

Ben

Yeah not even in stock yet! Bit odd, I know Cornwall is the back end of nowhere (I used to live there) but I was expecting them to be posted by now. Oh well a little more waiting.

I am still looking forward to receiving mine as and when it happens as the photos I have seen so far the loco looks fantastic .... im not bothered about wonky name plates or the odd bit of glue on the paint I can sort this out very easily.

• RMweb Premium

Just took a wonder over to Dapol Digest where the issues have been raised regarding the finish. The official response from Dapol is unbelievable, and basically says (my words), 'we've examined loads and don't see a problem, so put up and shut up'.

I've just had a very nice lady from Rails on, another issue, this time with the DCC fitted versions. Turns out there is a shortage/long lead time on the 6 function decoders to be supplied - 6 weeks was mentioned also that Dapol could not confirm they would be able to fulfil all of the Rails orders for these. She was asking if I'm happy to stick with the DCC fitted version or or wish to change to the the ready option as they are flying off the shelves. Have advised still with fitted but I am running the risk of not getting my orders.

The DRS livery is aparently flying off the shelves and the other 2 liveries are doing well but not at the rate of these. 

Edited by Pegleg90

I am expecting 2 of these, one dc and one with sound. The first one is at the post office waiting for me to collect this evening. For the first time I am dreading picking it up and seeing if it has all these problems. All that money and very little enjoyment......let's hope for the best.

I have had a couple of good conversationservice with two separate model shops. One tells me they are not having dcc fitted for a few weeks so one shop will fit my locos for me. The other shop is still waiting to receive there allocation. Seems a shame the big guns seem to get there's first. Rant over

Yeah not even in stock yet! Bit odd, I know Cornwall is the back end of nowhere (I used to live there) but I was expecting them to be posted by now. Oh well a little more waiting.

Just seen this comment, they seem to have the majority of the range of 68's up on the system excluding the dcc ready versions of 68002 and 005 which I ordered, even more worryingly they have seemed to have not pushed through any transaction after they said they would automatically do this, hopefully the postman comes through with a big box from KMRC tomorrow...Still looking forward to unboxing these, despite the problems it may carry.

Ben

I didn't realise until you pointed it out, it seems as if the printing machine at the factory has mis-aligned the body and has printed too much to one side instead of centrally.

Any chance of some photos of both side so we can see this please ?  :)

Any chance of some photos of both side so we can see this please ?  :)

Personally, I have no first hand ref pictures as mine haven't came through the door yet, but it can be seen to some extend on rs4's pictures and also on this link http://www.hattons.co.uk/145646/Dapol_4D_022_001_Class_68_68002_Intrepid_in_DRS_livery/StockDetail.aspx .Look at the pictures provided by Hattons and compare to https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=amYrHxOT&id=C8A793CE0B7847BB517A09D3841DB2C3BECC422A&q=class+68+drs&simid=608003590482035466&selectedIndex=140&ajaxhist=0 this and I believe the slight printing issue may become noticeable.

Ben

• Like 1