Spotted on Twitter.. Voyager whoops in Chester

Also on the BBC site:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-25016996

I confess I hadn't realised Chester was now in Merseyside..

Perhaps related to rail-head conditions? There was a train failure at Walmer (dahn sarff) this morning due to a combination of ice and leaves- curious thing was that it wasn't a very early-morning departure, but around 08:00.

• RMweb Gold

I would imagine that if the wheels did pick up in a situation such as running towards a set of stops then your options start to disappear pretty quickly.

I suppose its just a case of sit back and brace yourself for impact once all options are exhausted

As ken dodd once said.....

"I wanna die in my sleep, not screaming like my passengers"

Which is also my motto in life

• RMweb Gold

I would imagine that if the wheels did pick up in a situation such as running towards a set of stops then your options start to disappear pretty quickly.

Yes - but it depends where as the WSP (wheel slide protection) should come into effect and stop the slide.  But if the stops are pretty close when adhesion is lost then all else is also lost and that can be the result (assuming everything else was working and being done correctly etc, etc).  Sometimes just one thing not quite right and that's it,

A good many years ago one of my Drivers collided a brand new HST set, just ending its delivery trip, with a very substantial stop block so back the set went to works for the whole train to be lifted - as presumably will happen with this set.

• RMweb Gold

Someone will be getting a new bike courtesy of mr branson!

null_zps6ff3942a.png

null_zpsd8d49ca0.png

Photo by a friend on the scene

EDIT: BETTER PICS

Courtesy of Mr Daffe by any chance ? they look very similar to the ones he put on Facebook then removed them a short while later!!

As a 'traction trainee' all those years ago; I remember my driver on the unfitted Shotwicks (Iron-Ore bogie hoppers), he was an old-hand and said if ever she picked up her skirts and ranaway on us, we had to take certain steps: firstly, I should give continuous short blasts on the horn.......

I asked: "What other steps do we take driver?".............."Bloody big ones!".......was the reply! :laugh:

Archived