2 Tone Class 20..Polmadie.

• RMweb Premium

I'm by no means an expert on green diesels, or class 20s for that matter, so apologies if its a daft suggestion, but is it possible that the new panel was to replace the tablet catcher recess?

I'm by no means an expert on green diesels, or class 20s for that matter, so apologies if its a daft suggestion, but is it possible that the new panel was to replace the tablet catcher recess?

I don't think this loco was ever fitted.

• RMweb Premium

The tablet catcher locos had deeper side windows - virtually down to the "crease" line along the cab.

Cheers,

Mick

Many depots when they renumbered locos didn't have the right paint, so would paint it with what they had. Several depots used sherwood green on shunters instead of loco green. Who ever painted the Type 1 thought it would be better to repaint the lower cab side when they renumbered it. Remember that the type of decals is one that is put on then painted over then the cover sheet removed when the paint is almost dry.

Al Taylor.

Archived