Cork Floor Tiles

• RMweb Gold

hello i was just wondering if these would be ok as an underlay http://www.wickes.co.uk/Sealed-Cork-Flooring-Tiles/invt/620950

if not could you please advise on where to look thanks :D

Perfect.Its what I used.Just glue them down using pva weighted till it dries.They cut easily with a steel rule and stanley knife.

I used those too - I just used PVA to glue them down (and a now useless Orange Pay as You Go topup card as a spreader). I also glued them shiny side down, as I figured the porous side would be easier to work with. Some at the edges have lifted a little though, so they'll need a dab of glue to hold them back down.

I bought these: Floormaster tiles (bar code number: 5-027086-500960), 4mm thick.

I got them from a big B&Q and the staff thought I was a bit odd by asking for something that was so out fashion! When I told them why I was asking, they looked at me even funnier... But hey!

Never actually used them as my father dug up some cork tiles that did the job. So these ones are on the might be useful sometime pile...

At Focus they have them for £3.99 for a pack of 9. Somewhat cheaper than this that Ragtag suggested, 3 times the area and twice as thick for just double the price.

That's a cracking price, although my local Focus didn't have any when I needed them either. Maybe I live in an anti-cork area. The Jarvis product is still better value than the Wickes tiles though - I think you can cover the same area as the Wickes tiles for £6 of Jarvis stuff.

• RMweb Gold

An alternative to cork floor tiles would be Depron foam underlay, freely available on Ebay and some carpet shops. See example below from Ebay where you get 6 sq m for about £20.

Depron Foam

Archived