Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Thanks Peter, yes the plan was for two or three, BUT with the 2 x 08's I think I'll be up to ELEVEN now, and that's BEFORE I go to Telford, haha

As for Numbers, as seen above, I chose 37238 on the one from George, as it has the curly body bit that goes under the big round springy things at the ends. :no: :sungum: He has numbered it this morning, good job I didn't need the Arrows doing, (see George's Thread). :O

The Large Logo is being done by David / Jintyman and he will sort out what numbers he has, I fancy Cwmbran if it has the right nose.

The other 37 that I'm picking up on Sunday should be a Split Head Code one, and so will need to sort out some numbers for that one later.

Hi Andy. I think that name was on a class37/4 which had different nose grilles all 37/4s had the grilles modifed when converted, depends how much that bothers you its your trainset.

There where plenty of standard large logo class 37s with names bit most were allocated to Scottish depots.

Cheers peter.

Hi Andy. I think that name was on a class37/4 which had different nose grilles all 37/4s had the grilles modifed when converted, depends how much that bothers you its your trainset.

There where plenty of standard large logo class 37s with names bit most were allocated to Scottish depots.

Cheers peter.

Thanks Peter, Yes your right, I need to do some research before deciding, trouble is I like em all, so one of each named 37 maybe? Noooooooooooooooooooooo :nono:  :nono:

Thanks Peter, Yes your right, I need to do some research before deciding, trouble is I like em all, so one of each named 37 maybe? Noooooooooooooooooooooo :nono: :nono:

Ha ha it is tempting isnt it. It looks like Heljan are going to do a 37/4 not sure when its due out though.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Ha ha it is tempting isnt it. It looks like Heljan are going to do a 37/4 not sure when its due out though.

Cheers Peter.

Not to soon I hope, I have 2.5 Class 37's already, :O  the .5 is the one that I will see and hopefully buy on Sunday. :sungum:  Still FAR TO MANY for my little plank. :no:  :no:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not to soon I hope, I have 2.5 Class 37's already, :O  the .5 is the one that I will see and hopefully buy on Sunday. :sungum:  Still FAR TO MANY for my little plank. :no:  :no:

Ah but with this 1960s technology, you need to have backup incase of failure or lack of traction knowledge Andy - so actually you probably don't have enough!!!  :sungum:

Edited by MarshLane

I've been watching this since you started as I'm just dipping my toe in 7mm scale too. Looks like you're making quick progress! I've no layout planned mind.

Regarding you're LLB 37, technically the only one it closely suits would be 183, that being the only center panel 37 which got painted in LLB and kept its skirts! However it would need the additional strapping on the cantrail grills. I'm currently working on one that I have removed the skirts on, I would have though tit wouldn't be too difficult to do with a LLB one and save the paintwork. Would just need a few bits tidying up around the cut and a new bufferbeam. Worst case a re-paint of the yellow.

42372299880_cd0217f1c9_b.jpgHeljan Class 37 by endoftheroad, on Flickr

Not got any further with this at the moment but its nearly ready for primer, realised I had missed filling a footstep in so it slipped back a bit!

Al.

• Like 1

Ah but with this 1960s technology, you need to have backup incase of failure of lack of traction knowledge Andy - so actually you probably don't have enough!!!  :sungum:

I do have a pair of 20's and a pair of 08's to rescue any failures, just hope they don't fail as well. :O

Edited by Andrew P

I've been watching this since you started as I'm just dipping my toe in 7mm scale too. Looks like you're making quick progress! I've no layout planned mind.

Regarding you're LLB 37, technically the only one it closely suits would be 183, that being the only center panel 37 which got painted in LLB and kept its skirts! However it would need the additional strapping on the cantrail grills. I'm currently working on one that I have removed the skirts on, I would have though tit wouldn't be too difficult to do with a LLB one and save the paintwork. Would just need a few bits tidying up around the cut and a new bufferbeam. Worst case a re-paint of the yellow.

42372299880_cd0217f1c9_b.jpgHeljan Class 37 by endoftheroad, on Flickr

Not got any further with this at the moment but its nearly ready for primer, realised I had missed filling a footstep in so it slipped back a bit!

Al.

Hi Al, Thanks for your input, I'm never to worried about details, and so I will just pick a big numbered 37, but I will take a look at some pics of 183 before I finally decide.

Sorted, 183 it will be, I found some nice pics on googliey thingie.

Cheers again.

Edited by Andrew P

Hahahaha   l remember 'Deesdale Road'  being just a small plank and look how big that became ????...

You've certainly captured the look Andy, lovely stuff.

G

Cheers Grahame, I hope it comes out as good on O Gauge.

You polluting the countryside again Andy, don't let any of that run off into the Trent lol.

Yes I'm keeping an eye out for the Environment Agency, hahah :nono: