Revolution Class 313 and 314 in N

JR_P

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, John M Upton said:

are the livery differences between 206 and the other one on offer 204 being represented?

Are there any?…. the only thing that I can see that is different is the ‘BI’ depot label - 204 has is directly above the right-most marker light on both ends, whereas 206 seems either to not have it, or when it is present, is immediately adjacent to the running number…. 

Other than that, I cannot see any difference…. from what I’ve seen the livery application on the Southern 313 fleet is pretty consistent; certainly compared to other liveries the 313 has appeared in!

• RMweb Premium

The crescent of the dark green window surrounds behind the side cab access door is in different places (There are at least three different versions/combinations) whereas most have the crescent almost up to the cab door, 204 at one end only has it barely past the last saloon side window, a difference of at least a foot or two.

313206:

Southern Class 313/2 313206 Bognor Regis 1/6/14

313204:

Southern Class 313/2 313204 Portsmouth & Southsea 31/8/12

Another difference is 202 which has white gutters over the passenger doors on one driving car, all others are green.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2022 at 10:13, bmthtrains - David said:

As the early bird deadline is approaching for these, I’m hoping the retailer exclusives get announced soon. I would order the NR version but if it’s not being picked up I don’t want to miss out on an early bird discount on one of the others…

David 

Hi guys, any news on these? Conscious the early bird deadline is Sunday.

David 

• RMweb Gold

Hi David

No news to report other than what we've reported already ie which versions we think will be retail exclusives.  We don't normally confirm retail exclusives before the early bird deadline , though this time we've had a longer early bird period than normal and tried to give people an idea of what sets might be coming as retail exclusives.

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

There are a few photos of the 313/4 EP sample taken at Model Rail Scotland here

It's looking excellent, captures the look of the PEP units spot on to my eye and the underframe detail is impressive. 

Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

When are we likely to get notified for the balance of payment to be handed over please?  First time I have done a partial payment preorder for anything and not really sure when I need to front up the rest of the readdies....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 27/09/2022 at 10:29, John M Upton said:

When are we likely to get notified for the balance of payment to be handed over please?  First time I have done a partial payment preorder for anything and not really sure when I need to front up the rest of the readdies....

Hi John,

When the models are en route (which won't be for a while yet) we will send out balance request emails.  

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
To remove my factual error.
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

RevolutioN just posted a short video on their Facebook page of a decorated sample (original blue/grey livery) moving under its own power!  Not sure if this link will work (nothing on their website yet) but here goes:

https://www.facebook.com/100023081532894/videos/pcb.1182184402560933/912669989918624

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, bmthtrains - David said:

Curious as to what is causing the jolt over the points in that video. Is something catching? 

David

There was a comment put on the video yesterday evening saying that the 3rd rail shoe is hitting the pip on the end of the points. RT have replied to the comment saying that they are looking at it and it is on their snagging list.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Interesting that the final shoe doesn’t appear to do it, but a problem solved by just removing those hideous & unsightly pips from the ends of the tiebar! 

Tom. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Just to shed a bit of light on the 313 deco sample video. Due to the Covid situation that was making things difficult in China, this is the first time we’ve been able to run a powered model. There are two working samples, Ben has one and I have the other, which I am thoroughly putting through its paces on my layout. As with any pre production sample, there will always be a few things that need correcting and we are currently working our way through them, which incidentally - credit to the factory who have produced these, are minimal. 

Cheers 

Edited by Revolution Mike B
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Looks totally wonderful and I cannot wait for my Orangey one to arrive. 

Speaking purely personally, I would prefer the B/G version to not have the door-opening strips, as these were removed very early on. I cannot remember seeing any on the 313s when I started spotting in Stevenage, aged 8-ish. We didn't see many 313s at the time; Hertford North to Langley Junction was still DMU-operated but there were some evening 313 parcels services when the mailbags were loaded into the wide doorways. My brother was also a spotter and had a car so we used to visit Welwyn garden City to cop 313s.

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Revolution Mike B said:

Just to shed a bit of light on the 313 deco sample video. Due to the Covid situation that was making things difficult in China, this is the first time we’ve been able to run a powered model. There are two working samples, Ben has one and I have the other, which I am thoroughly putting through its paces on my layout. As with any pre production sample, there will always be a few things that need correcting and we are currently working our way through them, which incidentally - credit to the factory who have produced these, are minimal. 

Cheers 

They look great Mike, you just need to beef them up a bit, enough that they fit on my 00 track 😁 (not that you haven’t heard that before). 

Roy

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Captain Electra said:

Speaking purely personally, I would prefer the B/G version to not have the door-opening strips, as these were removed very early on. I cannot remember seeing any on the 313s when I started spotting in Stevenage, aged 8-ish. 

Not sure that I fully agree with that and would have said they carried the stripes for about half of their blue/grey life. Certainly still had them in the early 1980s IIRC. 

Roy

• RMweb Gold

7 hours ago, Captain Electra said:

Speaking purely personally, I would prefer the B/G version to not have the door-opening strips, as these were removed very early on. 

Hi there,

Version RT-N-313-302 in blue grey does not have the strips.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 1