Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
On 28/10/2021 at 09:54, 5BarVT said:

Or NSE 4TC & Crompton

Paul.

My remark was tongue in cheek: turns out it wasn’t as far off the mark as I thought it was!

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT
Proof reading after posting!
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

IMG_6315.JPG.16544bf064cbfb4511ff71883e6e8b0d.JPG

You just reminded me why I love WFH. :D

You'll need to source about 200 passengers for each carriage, unless you model it during the 2020/21 lockdowns!

But a good decision if it gives you the variety of freight you are looking for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Love the new look, Andy; lots of passenger trains. Good job you weren't tempted to go single track at the beginning; at the back of your mind you must have known that wouldn't work for you. I expected the SWT 159, but not the rest, not  so quickly anyway!!  I'm pleased you've had the courage to do what you want to do. Keep it up. I for one will keep watching. All the very best. Trevor

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Hi Andy, i must admit at the start of the video i thought you were going to announce the end of Bute Road, but,  i like all your new rolling stock, it's your layout my old mate, keep up the good work, Bute Road is turning into a wonderful layout.

Cheers Brian, I thought you'd like it. :good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, 5BarVT said:

My remark was tongue in cheek: turns out it wasn’t as far off the mark as I thought it was!

Paul.

Worryingly close Brian, I looked at the Price of Kernows 4TC, and then thought, I still need a 33 to add to the almost 300 sods for what is basically 4 Mk1 Coaches, BUT never say never.:D

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

59 minutes ago, AndyB said:

You just reminded me why I love WFH. :D

You'll need to source about 200 passengers for each carriage, unless you model it during the 2020/21 lockdowns!

But a good decision if it gives you the variety of freight you are looking for. 

Cheers Andy, I bought a pack of 50 figures the other day on Flea Bay, they are only thin and very basic, but for inside the coaches they are ideal, I've used some for Drivers already.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, shedman said:

Love the new look, Andy; lots of passenger trains. Good job you weren't tempted to go single track at the beginning; at the back of your mind you must have known that wouldn't work for you. I expected the SWT 159, but not the rest, not  so quickly anyway!!  I'm pleased you've had the courage to do what you want to do. Keep it up. I for one will keep watching. All the very best. Trevor

Hi Trevor, Thanks, Yes it had to be Double Track unless building a BLT. I must pull the reigns in now for a while, still I have lots of Scenics to be getting on with for the next year or two.:fie:.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Andrew P changed the title to Bute Road, A Route through the South Coast.
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Andy, haven't commented before. I think the change of location makes a lot of sense, I kind of thought at the start that you would find the modern Cornish scene a bit restricted. This feels like it will suit frequent and varied trains a lot better.

The best news is that you're not completely scrapping it all :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

A good location move for Bute Road.  

Like the new passenger stock.  Didn’t realise the Desiro you got was 450127, this unit was named Dave Gunson by Southwest Trains. Dave was a Basingstoke Guard and a keen cyclist,  he was involved in a fatal road accident at Tidworth in 2016.  The unit was named the following year as a fitting tribute to a well respected member of staff.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

42 minutes ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Hi Andy, haven't commented before. I think the change of location makes a lot of sense, I kind of thought at the start that you would find the modern Cornish scene a bit restricted. This feels like it will suit frequent and varied trains a lot better.

The best news is that you're not completely scrapping it all :)

Cheers Rich, I though when I read your last line it was going to say; The best news is that your not completely BONKERS.:dancer:

• Funny 3

3 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

I knew I saw something lurking in the background on Tuesday but I was distracted ;) 

F5C5050F-19FB-49F7-8138-F843600C443A.jpeg.43013b918a41ddfb8cfa6f7412c48600.jpeg

I wondered where that CAKE had gone Paul.

BTW Thanks again for the 450, I keep running it, in fact is there a warranty as its nearly worn out already.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2