Model Rail Scotland 2022

arran

• RMweb Premium
On 05/02/2022 at 14:50, Dungrange said:

The main thing is, that the exhibition is progressing and many people are looking forward to attending.  It will be the first major event I've been to since Model Rail Scotland 2020.  The layout that we're bringing is currently being tested in the club room, just to make sure that we all remember how to operate it.

I see Glendevon is listed which I thoroughly enjoy seeing . There was a thread here that it was being extended . Will it be exhibited in its new extended form? 

3 hours ago, Legend said:

I see Glendevon is listed which I thoroughly enjoy seeing . There was a thread here that it was being extended . Will it be exhibited in its new extended form? 

Sadly not - the Exhibition Manager asked for Glendevon in it's shortened form.  However, the extension is complete and can also be exhibited as a standalone layout, which has been given the name Yett's o' Muckhart.  The 'extension' will be making its debut in its standalone format at the Glenrothes Model Railway Exhibition in May.  Once exhibiting is back to 'normal' I'm sure we'll get the opportunity to operate Glendevon and Yett's o' Muckhart together in the originally intended format.

• Like 3

Amazing Prize draw for Advance Ticket holders.

@kmsrailtech KMS Railtech are offering a stunning Bachmann Class 47 loco in Scotrail Livery and 2 Oxford Coaches as Free Prize Draw to all advance ticket holders whom purchase from our website.

Simply show your advance ticket to the KMS Railtech team on Stand A7 and your ticket number will be entered into the prize draw.

Purchase your advance ticket today from our shop https://modelrail-scotland.co.uk/modelrail-shop/

Be quick though as Advance ticket sales close on 19th February

#KMSRailtech #ModelRailScotland2022

KMS_Advance.png

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

I’m very much looking forward to MRS and would like to thank all those who are working so hard to organise it.

For folks who are anxious about going to a crowded event, I’d recommend an FFP3 mask if you’re able. Have a Google. Make sure it’s properly sealed around your face and you’re good to go no matter what anyone else is or isn’t doing. I wore one all day yesterday at Donny (and glad I did) and it was no big deal. The amazing people working in ICUs up and down the country wear them all day every day. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

On 28/01/2022 at 15:13, ColinRae said:

4 Weeks today and counting...

Extract of layout attending Model Rail Scotland 2022 - we still have a few changes on the go just now so will keep you posted.

With so many first appearance and first appearance at Mode Rail Scotland its certainly a fun and exciting day (or weekend) out 

Advance tickets available from our website or pay at the door

image.png.153651bd9144a90dc28e8bff0f0cee64.png

image.png.62f49768874cf98d179496585153699b.png

• RMweb Gold

Advance ticket - booked

Train ticket - not booked

Because each time I go to the station it has a “ticket office closed buy your ticket at destination” sign.

:-(
Still hoping for a great day out!

Paul.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Looking forward to this year's show - I'll be the purple-haired one behind the Edinburgh & Lothians MRC layout as usual (Glendevon this year). Several excellent layouts going this year - looking forward to seeing Arun Quay and Beijiao, as well as a few others.

Officially less than one week to go and the excitement builds with this show preview of Bron Hebog

The highlands are not just in Scotland - so a warm welcome to this Welsh Highland model on 009 scale.

Modelled by David and Rob Waller

Bron Hebog.jpg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ColinRae said:

'Cadhay Sidings' from East of Scotland 4mm Group looking much more tranquil than the storms hitting the area today

Cadhay_guide.jpg

Just wondering if there’s a floor plan available. Always nice to know who the neighbors are for the weekend. 

Looking forward to the trip up next Thursday hope better weather is booked than it has been today 

thanks Steve. 

• Like 1

Todays preview is from the Scottish Diesel and Electric group with the stunning layout of Blair Athol model in 4mm and on show at Model Rail Scotland 25th - 27th Feb

Although one of the oldest layouts at the show, the layout has had a full refurbishment recently.

Video on our other social platforms 

BlairAthol.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sf315 said:

Just wondering if there’s a floor plan available. Always nice to know who the neighbors are for the weekend. 

Looking forward to the trip up next Thursday hope better weather is booked than it has been today 

thanks Steve. 

Floor plan / guide will be added to website soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1