We need your help! Take part in our reader survey today!

Debbiewood

Here at BRM, we do our best to put the reader at the heart of everything we do. We’re constantly looking for new projects and trends that are important to modellers, but to create the best magazine possible, we need your help. Reader surveys are an important tool for us to continue to improve and update the magazine, its digital edition, and our website, World of Railways, and we rely on your feedback.

As a thank you for completing our survey, you’ll automatically be entered into our prize draw to win a new Hornby Eurostar Train Set worth over £150!

Only 10 minutes of your time and you could be the proud owner of this impressive prize!

CLICK HERE TO TAKE PART TODAY

R1176_Eurostar_R7229_800x300_3DBox.jpg

CLICK HERE TO TAKE PART TODAY

THANK YOU! 

:)

• RMweb Premium

Per the response from @Debbiewood above, I think this might be a system issue - possibly as I’m on an iPad?

I’ve had a couple of goes at the questionnaire, today through the website and a week or so ago via the email, but whenever I’ve hit the “Submit” button nothing seems to happen - I can’t tell if my response has been registered, if nothing has happened, or if I’ve accidentally sent in multiple responses (from hitting the button a few more times on each occasion just in case).  I’m only trying to respond once, honest, Keith.

• RMweb Gold

Filled it in.

If a similar survey were to be run in future, I wonder if it might be worth splitting the "clubs / societies" question. In my case:

• Societies - yes - DEMU, MERG.
  • Clubs - chance would be great; not aware of a club in Cwmbran; can't get to / from meetings for clubs elsewhere by public transport.

As for magazines, I didn't notice any mention of Warner's NG or Garden Rail titles. Also, such staples as MRJ, Continental Modeller - and even Model Railroader, Eisenbahn Kurier, MIBA and Loco Revue don't get a mention ... .

(OK - I can understand about foreign language titles, however good - but as for MRJ, Continental Modeller and Model Railroader - where are they?)

I could also mention e-zines, like Model Railroad Hobbyist (advert funded - and targeted at the larger US market - but gets some very interesting articles, some very practical indeed).

Ultimately, with surveys like this, they'll only tell publishers what they allow them to tell - so very much a case of "it is what it is".

I wonder how long it might be before we get invited to write about some of the projects we're working on. You know the sort of thing : "Readers' Workbenches"* ... .

(*OK - perhaps some people might prefer a different title - and a more accessible location in the local reading room WHS - but I suspect you get the general idea. We need to think about where the next generation of model makers might come from.)

Anyway, that's enough about that.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 08/03/2022 at 12:17, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Per the response from @Debbiewood above, I think this might be a system issue - possibly as I’m on an iPad?

I’ve had a couple of goes at the questionnaire, today through the website and a week or so ago via the email, but whenever I’ve hit the “Submit” button nothing seems to happen - I can’t tell if my response has been registered, if nothing has happened, or if I’ve accidentally sent in multiple responses (from hitting the button a few more times on each occasion just in case).  I’m only trying to respond once, honest, Keith.

Hey Keith

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to check if your responses have been collected or not for DP reasons. I'll investigate the IPAD issue, but if the link defaults back to the WoR homepage, that means a response should have been registered, as the same IP address can only enter once. 

In the interim, I'd perhaps suggest entering on a computer or phone instead - not helpful I know, but the system has a few limitations. 

• Thanks 1

On 09/03/2022 at 11:50, Huw Griffiths said:

Filled it in.

If a similar survey were to be run in future, I wonder if it might be worth splitting the "clubs / societies" question. In my case:

• Societies - yes - DEMU, MERG.
  • Clubs - chance would be great; not aware of a club in Cwmbran; can't get to / from meetings for clubs elsewhere by public transport.

As for magazines, I didn't notice any mention of Warner's NG or Garden Rail titles. Also, such staples as MRJ, Continental Modeller - and even Model Railroader, Eisenbahn Kurier, MIBA and Loco Revue don't get a mention ... .

(OK - I can understand about foreign language titles, however good - but as for MRJ, Continental Modeller and Model Railroader - where are they?)

I could also mention e-zines, like Model Railroad Hobbyist (advert funded - and targeted at the larger US market - but gets some very interesting articles, some very practical indeed).

Ultimately, with surveys like this, they'll only tell publishers what they allow them to tell - so very much a case of "it is what it is".

I wonder how long it might be before we get invited to write about some of the projects we're working on. You know the sort of thing : "Readers' Workbenches"* ... .

(*OK - perhaps some people might prefer a different title - and a more accessible location in the local reading room WHS - but I suspect you get the general idea. We need to think about where the next generation of model makers might come from.)

Anyway, that's enough about that.

Thanks for the feedback Huw - some valid comments there!

I'm trying to run a survey every couple of years, so will definitely keep this in mind for the next one.  

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

I was happy to fill in the questionnaire but I did not want to enter the prize draw for something I own.

But if I don't put my details in then I cannot complete it

On 08/03/2022 at 17:51, Wheatley said:

It will accept full stops in all those spaces 

Are there limits on the content given for the “other” answers, please?

I have listed my suggestions for improving content, the various magazines I buy and so forth but I don’t get anything when I try to submit.

Apologies if I have written too much!

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Can fill in survey but on clicking submit it gives a 503 error on both Mac and iPhone using Firefox ...

update - it works fine on Windows 11 using Firefox so it would appear that the survey hasn't been tested on Apple products. That excludes some people so not very good IT testing (my partner is an IT tester) and/or customer experience is it?

And that comment has probably blown any chance I had of winning ...

Edited by Richard E

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
22 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

Whole link down on April 17th, Win10/Microsoft Edge.

Les

Because the survey will have closed. We are discussing results this week.