MODELMASTER JACKSON EVANS delivery delays?

Typeapproval

Hi,

Sadly I only just read the previous posts about problems with Deliveries by Modelmaster dating back to July 2021.

I have been waiting some time for and order (Placed 03/10/23) which I now have concerns about. 

Please can I ask wether anyone else is in my situation? 

I have refrained from contacting MODELMASTER JACKSON EVANS, I am always disposed to believe the best of people and still have hopes of receiving my order. There's a request for patience on the logon page which initially sounded reasonable. Unfortunately I am now having doubts.

Any information to either reassure or depress me welcome.

Regards

David.

• RMweb Gold

12 months yesterday I've been waiting. I see from the website he says he is going to sell the business and it going to stop taking orders. And that existing orders will be done. But he only mentions the last 4 months so I think perhaps this time I'm going to be out of pocket.

If someone does buy the business they may want to change the name as "Modelmaster" is definitely mud.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Don't waste your time, reclaim your money now from your card issuer or PayPal, the chances of ever seeing your goods from the utter fiasco that Modelmaster descended into is pretty much nil.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Typeapproval said:

Bad news! He dosent take cards or PayPal. Bank transfer only!

I might try alternative plan "B" or just 'Look big!'

My mum said there would be days like this!

Regards

David.

First World problems.

P

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

A bit like others, I have also fallen foul of Modelmaster and their poor customer service or lack of service.

I placed an order in January 2023 for some wagon transfers. The phone line is dead and emails not answered. Previously my experience with Jim has been good if perhaps sporadic at times.

Some of the transfers such as London Transport wagons are not available from other sources. Sometimes you can pick up odd sets from shows, retailers and on-line.

Thankfully the likes of Railtec, CCT, Precision and Fox provide excellent service and products.

One thing that does interest me is Peco use Modelmaster transfers in their Parkside range of wagon kits.  Does this mean Jim is still producing sets for their kits?

The previous thread addressed these issues so perhaps not start another thread.

Cheers,

Mark 

• RMweb Gold

I have just spoken to the Peco Technical Help Desk. 

If it is of any help, Peco can supply the transfer sets produced by Modelmaster for their Parkside wagon kits separately apparently.

Orders through the Help Desk on:

01297 626204

Cheers,

Mark

* Also H&A Models have a good selection available still.

Edited by 46444
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, 46444 said:

I have just spoken to the Peco Technical Help Desk. 

If it is of any help, Peco can supply the transfer sets produced by Modelmaster for their Parkside wagon kits separately apparently.

Orders through the Help Desk on:

01297 626204

Cheers,

Mark

That's really useful to know thanks.

Phil

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, 46444 said:

I placed an order in January 2023 for some wagon transfers. The phone line is dead and emails not answered. Previously my experience with Jim has been good if perhaps sporadic at times.

Same here, order placed same month for transfers only he produces. Since emailed occasionally with phone number "for faster response" as he requested, but nothing. I did get an order delivered last year, although it took three months, so I chanced it again. It sounds like Jim has been through the mill this year so I've tried to be understanding and accept that he's doing as he says and is working his way through all the outstanding orders. In order to remind him of mine I plan to write to his stated postal address with full details, then continue waiting with fingers crossed. It's not a big order but size doesn't matter - money has been paid.

But as you say, there have been other threads about this so there's little to be gained now from starting another one, although the mention of alternative MM transfer suppliers is worth knowing. However I can imagine a finger poised over the Thread Locking Button even now.........

• Agree 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Halvarras said:

However I can imagine a finger poised over the Thread Locking Button even now.

I'm on the edge.

I thought I'd let it run a little to see if there'd been any improvement levels; sadly, it seems not.

I may as well lock it off and suggest anyone else reads all the previous topics and take their chances in getting resolutions or we'll still be watching this on Dave in 10 years.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• AY Mod locked this topic