A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

A heads up on a review by @AY Mod of the Dapol prairie in the latest, February 22, issue of BRM. He favours it over the Hornby model and says the weighty feel, decoration, performance and a lower rrp gets it for him. Excellent photos including one of the cab without the roof, a bit clearer than mine.:read:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, gwrrob said:

A heads up on a review by @AY Mod of the Dapol prairie in the latest, February 22, issue of BRM. He favours it over the Hornby model and says the weighty feel, decoration, performance and a lower rrp gets it for him. Excellent photos including one of the cab without the roof, a bit clearer than mine.:read:

Thanks Robin

He is certainly right about the weight. Its almost 50% heavier than an out of the box Hornby Prairie. I had to pack in 70+ gm of lead to my Hornby prairies before they would even think about performing.

My Dapol Prairie arrived just in time for Christmas. Straight off it ran pretty well.....certainly nothing like the stalling Sam had. Once I added a Zimo chip (which was so simple) it runs very smoothly above a scale 8mph . I still think I will do the mod to the rear pony truck though.

No tank separation and the GWR green livery looks good. By chance, its on its side next to the Bachmann 94xx and to my dodgy eyes there is hardly any colour difference. I am looking forward to seeing your war time black version.

I do hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas despite everyting and once again so many thanks for hosting ANTB......I would be lost without it,

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, john dew said:

I do hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas despite everything and once again so many thanks for hosting ANTB......I would be lost without it,

Kind words Sir. Congratulations on your Granby winning the best photo in this month's BRM through the lens feature. I'm also glad you have a good prairie.:drink_mini:

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, gwrrob said:

But most importantly, did he say how it runs on carpet or on 36 volts or underwater in a paddling pool?

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

Happy  Christmas, Nodders All ! Thank you Rob for the regular thread therapy!

I’m worried about Mr Warburton on platform 2: he hasn’t been advertising his Giant Crumpets this year. Did he meet one?

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Happy Christmas bulleid lovers of ANTB, 

Santa encountered some heavy flak from the crusader Mk.III AA Battery, observers have confirmed there's free reindeer burgers at the Apex corner McDonald's ;) :) 

crusaderIII_11.jpg.b4e59f44b2b57b780ea56646df45d941.jpg

Just to disappoint  - Still ain't dead ;) 

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, toboldlygo said:

Apex corner

A big part of my mis-spent youth. I managed to spin my Grandad's Morris Minor there, among other misdemeanours (no, he wasn't in it at the time...).

All the best.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, toboldlygo said:

Happy Christmas bulleid lovers of ANTB, 

Santa encountered some heavy flak from the crusader Mk.III AA Battery, observers have confirmed there's free reindeer burgers at the Apex corner McDonald's ;) :) 

crusaderIII_11.jpg.b4e59f44b2b57b780ea56646df45d941.jpg

Just to disappoint  - Still ain't dead ;) 

Good to hear; neither am I...yet.

ATB to ANTB and CBA to sing anything so TTFN.

A.N Elf.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Well @gwrrob must have been a good boy this year . Plenty of railway goodies given as presents including this beauty weathered by @toboldlygo. Will go well with the Accurascale siphons and maybe what Hornby announce next month.;)

gbl_04.jpg.07794b56fa0a461dccd4999574a3b62f.jpg.83a14ed0f2479855cb6ea5b24d0be106.jpg

You call that dirty? Can still see the green... :P:jester:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Whilst it's quiet on here I've added another coal wagon to my rake in the shape of this Rickett example by Oxford Rail. Weathered using products by MIG and Abteilung and inspired by the various POWs modelled on the Kingswear layout on Western Thunder.

DSCN8437.JPG.1dc291b502f60dd90928839a8c8319a4.JPGDSCN8439.JPG.ac4329a35bdc22096157e290c565e39e.JPG

I always wondered how that Condition was spread around the Country. Damn Cocknees spreading their lack of Vitamins and stuff.

P

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold

Hello Rob and everyone

Just to let you know that The Quirky Poll 2021 is running until 1800 this Thursday. The link is in the banner headline at the top of the RMweb page.

It has about half a dozen items that are GWR (or area) related.

Enjoy the voting and all the best to you all for 2022!

Brian

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello Rob and everyone

Just to let you know that The Quirky Poll 2021 is running until 1800 this Thursday. The link is in the banner headline at the top of the RMweb page.

It has about half a dozen items that are GWR (or area) related.

Enjoy the voting and all the best to you all for 2022!

Brian

Well done B. There is some really bonkers stuff on there, other than the SR Shunter. 

P

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Well done B. There is some really bonkers stuff on there, other than the SR Shunter. 

P

Thanks Phil

The lists are a combination of some of our own thoughts mixed in with suggestions from voters from previous years.

Anyone is welcome to suggest items for 2022 (but please do so on The Quirky Poll 2021 thread rather than here).

Brian

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1