Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, KeithHC said:

So when will you add the new class 99 to your traction list.

Keith

2025 by the sounds of it!

ling day today, complete change of job, first up peak forest to Burton in trent via the hope valley at 04:30, no pic until Burton though 

FullSizeRender(399).jpg

then it was over to Leicester to work one back north to peak, unfortunately it was late and there was some confusion over manning it so I ended up going to Wellingborough to possibly traction conduct it to Leicester, as it happened I didn’t need to go there in the end after all! 

it’s a real grey area to me the MML south of Leicester so I’ll admit I was slightly surprised to see an electric unit roll in to the station en route to Corby, didn’t even know it was electrified!

IMG_4977.HEIC

And my train to Wellingborough 

IMG_4978.HEIC

That was it for pics, nearly 2 hours late so no time or indeed not in the mood to get any photos! 

possession in the morning then a couple of days off and a week of the trafford park job coming up 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Right, hands in your pockets time!

If you enjoy this thread then I’m sure you won’t mind donating to my just giving page where I’m raising money for GBRf chosen charity, prostate cancer uk, where there is a challenge to cycle 100, 200 or 300 miles in the month of May

As you may know since June last year I’ve become a keen cyclist and am out and about on the bike as much as possible in and out of work to keep myself fit and healthy, so why not combine my commutes and leisure rides with making a few quid for charity!

im only looking at raising £300 (to start with) so £1 a mile as I’ve decided to try for the full 300 mile (it’s only a mile a day!)

Here is my just giving page, let’s see if we can break £300 and I can break 300 mile

https://cyclethemonth.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/jim-scotts-300-mile-in-may-challenge

my dad @Big jim s dad had prostate cancer a few years back but thankfully managed to beat it no doubt thanks in part to research by prostate cancer uk so get donating!

Edited by big jim
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, CovDriver said:

I thought that was you on the platform taking a pic as I  passed by with a pair of 350's heading south to Northampton.

yeah, caused a bit of a delay to the train behind, the possession arrival signal was a the one on the end of the platform and we had 9 minutes from arrival to get into the the possession before it arrived, no chance of managing to do that! 

On 29/04/2022 at 23:07, big jim said:

im only looking at raising £300 (to start with) so £1 a mile as I’ve decided to try for the full 300 mile (it’s only a mile a day!)

Not too bad so far - you've raised £115 and you haven't moved a pedal yet! 

That amount may have just increased!

Edited by Graham108
Additional comment
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Yeah, nearly half way there already money wise, just going for a swim then I’ll get out and try and cover the first 20 or so miles this afternoon 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Only one from last night waiting at landor st, a class 170 passing by, couldn’t be bothered the rest of the night as I was on my own 

FullSizeRender(411).jpg

change of job tonight, hams hall to EMG and back then hams hall to Bescot 

• Like 17

On 07/05/2022 at 23:56, big jim said:

Some quality wagons in the otherwise full rake of coalfish 

IMG_5096.HEIC

even Dutch livery!

IMG_5097.HEIC

If I saw this on a model I'd think it was way over the top :)

Happy to support your cycling challenge - looking at the pics above, I'm thinking at least Beeching did one thing for us, some lovely (and hill-free) rides and walks!

Stuart

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the donation, that applies to everyone else too, only £50 short of the new £500 target now, then I can up it to £600!

I do enjoy the trackbed rides when the surface is good, still got to do the woodhead at some point, will hopefully get that crossed off in the summer

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Only one from last night, got to bescot at 15:00 for my job only to discover it was cancelled, (it was only partially cancelled when I left the house)

I then got asked to conduct a train landor st to Leicester st 00:15 so I had to sit around until just before midnight, not a happy bunny!

Just the one pic in Leicester 

FullSizeRender(421).jpg

challenge wise I’ve now passed £500 so I’m aiming for £600 now

https://cyclethemonth.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/jim-scotts-300-mile-in-may-challenge

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1