Warley NEC - All over for another year. Feedback so Far.

wollastonblue

Gents, I'm genuinely sorry to butt in here but I'm not sure where this talk of locking the thread has come from. As long as comments stay within accepted protocols (which they so far have), that won't happen (we do find the rucksack comments predictable and pointless though - you're not going to change anything, are you?). And we certainly won't lock it - as one poster seems to think - just because he has attracted opinions that counter his own.

One other thing - if anyone has genuine concerns about anything they see on the forum, use the Report function. We don't routinely patrol every thread on the forum looking for scattered comments, and frankly it amazes us that anybody thinks we would.

thanks.

Gents, I'm genuinely sorry to butt in here but I'm not sure where this talk of locking the thread has come from.

Simply as the thread becomes 'old hat' but in that case, I guess it will die its natural death accordingly!

Thanks you so far.

It's thus :

StationMaster

JohnDMJ (in rucksack-friendly mode!)

GrahamK

WoollastonBlue

Claude_Dreyfus

El Dottore (at rear, with beard)

Two Tone Green

Station Cat (in white)

Natalie

Andi Dell

Thats me dave_long

?

Added myself to the list, second from the right! ?  :icon_wave:

Is it me of have very few people posted photos of what was on offer to see at the show, without meaning dierespect to other people I am one of those people who skim thru looking at the pictures and not so much at the text. I would have taken more but the crowds were quite bad and I didn't have much time for layout watching as I am more drawn into the trade side of things.

Is it me of have very few people posted photos of what was on offer to see at the show...

I have a small collection of my favourite layouts from this year.

Starting with Katami Mittsu in Japanese N. I though the snow effect was really very good.

post-644-12588967623996_thumb.jpg

It was great to see Worcester Road shed and really appreciate the level of detail in the shed.

post-644-12588970038082_thumb.jpg

Pensbridge was a good example of a minimum space layout with good detail.

post-644-12588971323813_thumb.jpg

I have more pictures if people are interested in seeing them.

Went yesterday for the first time in about 15 years - and then only because I had to drive to Birmingham anyway to rescue Mrs 10800 from CK's replacement bus service from BNS to Gloucester!

Arrived around 11:30, picked up prepaid ticket and walked straight in - the crowds in the left-hand aisle were frustrating but everyone's in the same boat so you just have to be patient. I hadn't gone to shop so could spend my time chatting to friends I bumped into or watching layouts of interest. Later in the day it was easy to move and only needed 5 minutes or so waiting to get to the front at any layout.

To be honest Warley is not my cup of tea as an exhibition - too crowded, poor lighting and not enough real quality in many of the layouts. But I guess it is trying to cater for every taste and level, and on that basis it does a good job. I don't understand though why any layout would want to go there without its own lighting rig - too many were just lost in the yellow sepulchral gloom by the time the daylight through the roof had gone.

Anyway, here's some work in progress photos of Heljan's 15 and 86, and Dapol's silver bullet:

post-6669-12588979497794_thumb.jpg

post-6669-12588979805569_thumb.jpg

post-6669-12588980058668_thumb.jpg

post-6669-1258898022988_thumb.jpg

Gents, I'm genuinely sorry to butt in here but I'm not sure where this talk of locking the thread has come from.

Mod2, it originates here.

Think is was not a serious remark, but tongue in cheeck ?!?!?!?

Time to lock this thread after tonight ????????

Great pictures.

Keep 'm coming please, both of layouts and manufacturer displays.

Regards, Michel

• RMweb Gold

Dont remember seeing much thats not been on the Hornby stand at the past couple of shows its been to, (in case I missed it was the Devon & Cornwall 153 on show?)

Given the proximity to Hornbys usual press day to announce the 2010 range, I'd expect that it would be rather unlikely for there to have been any new announcements at any rate.

here are some photos of the items any right thinking 00 modellers went there just to see. Bachmann's exquisite new ex Great Central 8k, Standard 3MT 82xxx and presflo wagons :lol:

16337_108523394980_508169980_652913_3763468_n.jpg

16337_108523404980_508169980_652914_7890923_n.jpg

Hi pedanticmongrel

thank you for these pictures, Bachmann looks like they have some good locos coming out soon. May I ask why in your second photo you have a section blocked out in red, is this from another manufacturer ?

Regards

Chris

Archived