Cawoods PFA container flat , liveries are Cawoods yellow,  British fuels red  and CPL green.

As stated the roof for the CBA would be something for either resin cast or 3D printed.

A BBA steel bogie wagon and its variants ... BWA , BSA ,BXA  again various liveries  plus the covered versions,

BR 21 ton Plate - designed " with variety in mind " , to take into consideration the variations in (i) brake gear (ii) buffers, and  (iii) axleboxes.

Then there are the myriad of conversions from Coil E, to timber to Conflat etc etc. 

Brian R

• RMweb Gold

Hornby's 6 wheelers were 4mm short (as were most of their stuff from that period).  I've upgraded the LMS and GWR Palethorpes vans as well as the Insulated milk van.  I'd like to see some of the other Palethorpes vehicles (didn't Lima do something eons ago?). 

The Lima Palethorpes van was a ficticious Siphon G. The LMS bogie versions were on a similar underframe to the Stanier BG. John Isherwood has been doing some here. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/104787-breakfast-special-sausage-milk-cream-van-cut-shuts/&do=findComment&comment=2081824

The Lima Palethorpes van was a ficticious Siphon G. The LMS bogie versions were on a similar underframe to the Stanier BG. John Isherwood has been doing some here. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/104787-breakfast-special-sausage-milk-cream-van-cut-shuts/&do=findComment&comment=2081824

Thanks.  Yikes, it's one thing to take the trouble to build a kit - that job gets into a whole 'nother dimension.

Another point is that while Hornby's LMS van body was pretty much right (apart from length), the same moulding was used for the GWR van which is quite wrong.

John

Guest royal signals

I would like to see RTR NER/LNER coal hopper wagons, preferably NER types with a DCC chip incorporated to operate the bottom doors, to facilitate automatic unloading.

I would think memory wire could achieve this some how.

Tony.

• RMweb Premium

Cawoods PFA container flat , liveries are Cawoods yellow,  British fuels red  and CPL green.

As stated the roof for the CBA would be something for either resin cast or 3D printed.

A BBA steel bogie wagon and its variants ... BWA , BSA ,BXA  again various liveries  plus the covered versions,

And the PFA could also be used for DRS duty. (Hopefully, my DC Kits ones will make their exhibition debut in a few weeks)

Cheers,

Mick

19th century GWR wagons of all common types that would still have been running in 1905. Plus some non GWR ones that would have appeared on the GWR.

In 4mm(OO), the GWR Coral A, Pollen C(also in EM), and

all versions of Pollen E, are available for something relatively unique.

Noel

In 4mm(OO), the GWR Coral A, Pollen C(also in EM), and

all versions of Pollen E, are available for something relatively unique.

Noel

But they wouldn't have been seen regularly in most places. It's the ordinary opens and other common types of wagon that are missing, both the ones that made it into the diagram book, like the probably lost Coopercraft kits, and ex broad gauge convertibles that were almost the same, and the old designs from around the 1870s that would still have been running then.

No, converted from Shochood B, the 12ft wheelbase, 21ft 6in overheadstocks. The first of them on frames 'nicked' from the MDV production line. http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/dace

Paul

Edited for typing rubbish! It was a coil based on the MDV. But there is a really nice drawing of the Shochood B in our 1983 book. http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brshockhoodb

Dapol do a reasonable 12' fitted underframe, which might suit this wagon: the prototype features rather too many rivets for me to want to model it from scratch.

But they wouldn't have been seen regularly in most places. It's the ordinary opens and other common types of wagon that are missing, both the ones that made it into the diagram book, like the probably lost Coopercraft kits, and ex broad gauge convertibles that were almost the same, and the old designs from around the 1870s that would still have been running then.

I have a load of unmade CooperCraft from about 30 years ago,

and quite a few Peco GWR Open C's.

What are you looking for?

Noel

• RMweb Premium

I'd love to be operating a junction of some little branch line & send one of these huge multi axle, special purpose wagons, to the hapless staff in charge to figure out what to do with it!

I'd love to be operating a junction of some little branch line & send one of these huge multi axle, special purpose wagons, to the hapless staff in charge to figure out what to do with it!

Some of these multi-axle vehicles did run up some very rural lines. One source of bridge girders for BR (and its predecessors) was Horsehay works, on the Buildwas branch- there have been a few photos published of 'Specials' working from there. There is also a British Transport Films documentary showing an 'exceptional load' being delivered to Trawsfynydd nuclear power station.

Archived