Revolution Delivers UK's First Ever Crowd-funded RTR models

Revolution Ben

H Scottish Exile,

Great shot - where was it taken? I am interested in which flow that is...

Cheers

Ben A.

Looks like 6E33 Cardiff Docks Greenergy Gb to Long Marston (Somewhere in the Long Marston area?) last Friday.

Edited by RJennings

• RMweb Premium

A big "well done" to Ben, Mike and Rapido for producing what looks to be a top notch model (of the year??!!) in what feels like a very short time.

Now, about those 1980s era models I suggested...... :no:

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Now, about those 1980s era models I suggested...... :no:

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Mike/Ben,

See I'm not the only one :blum:  :blum:  :blum:

HAHA

Neal.

P.S. Well done on the TEA's, looking forward to seeing Tim & Stuarts.

Ben / Mike / Rapido

Just like to say a big Well Done Lads for producing a truly fantastic model, mine arrived this afternoon, only had a quick look, but Wow!

everybody else who has ordered, you're in for a treat!!

Gary.

P.s. sorry no photo's, on my way to work.

• RMweb Premium

I didn't order any (too modern) but congratulations to the team for delivering what appears to be a first class product - being newcomers to the market with a new funding process and relatively untested new UK manufacturer (Rapido) it was one hell of a risk.

Always nice to see hard work turn into something tangible - and I will be putting my name down for a few of the Class B tanks.

(Also a shout out to all who took a chance and trusted Revolution, enjoy your models! Looking forward to the future)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ryan,

That's really kind - and the team is everyone who had the vision to step forward, join us and make this happen.

I really feel that this week - delivering actual, tangible products and reading or hearing the delighted reaction to them - that a lot of hard work has been worth it.

Now we move on - we still have Pendolinos to approve and then have manufactured, alongside the 00 tankers, KFA flats, the 320/321 units, the Class B tanks, the 40' hi-cube containers (though C-Rail will be doing the heavy lifting on those - I don't think anyone knows more about modelling containers in N than Arran!!) and of course there is this week's new model that we hope, having seen the pedigree of our tankers, supporters will back too.

Not forgetting the new wagon we will be proposing at Warley...

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

Hi Ryan,

That's really kind - and the team is everyone who had the vision to step forward, join us and make this happen.

I really feel that this week - delivering actual, tangible products and reading or hearing the delighted reaction to them - that a lot of hard work has been worth it.

Now we move on - we still have Pendolinos to approve and then have manufactured, alongside the 00 tankers, KFA flats, the 320/321 units, the Class B tanks, the 40' hi-cube containers (though C-Rail will be doing the heavy lifting on those - I don't think anyone knows more about modelling containers in N than Arran!!) and of course there is this week's new model that we hope, having seen the pedigree of our tankers, supporters will back too.

Not forgetting the new wagon we will be proposing at Warley...

Cheers

Ben A.

Oh, come on.. Take another day and bask in the glory... :>)

Bill S.

• Like 2

Just a question about the models..

The triple pack come with a cardboard sleeve saying what's in there and very colourful etc etc..

But, the single wagons are just in a plain white sleeve? Was it ever considered to make them both match in some way?

It doesn't really matter, just asking that's all.

Matt

• RMweb Gold

Just a question about the models..

The triple pack come with a cardboard sleeve saying what's in there and very colourful etc etc..

But, the single wagons are just in a plain white sleeve? Was it ever considered to make them both match in some way?

It doesn't really matter, just asking that's all.

Matt

Hi Matt,

We weren't expecting any sleeves at all around the single ones. But that is how they arrived from China and so we thought we may as well send the models on with all the protection possible!

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Matt,

We weren't expecting any sleeves at all around the single ones. But that is how they arrived from China and so we thought we may as well send the models on with all the protection possible!

Cheers

Ben A.

B****r

Thats going to take me longer to set up all 21 for the first time :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The polythene wrapping is there I believe to protect the paint finish while the models are being handled in the factory and placed in the boxes.

However it is a little fiddly and my recommendation for getting your models our for the first time is this:

1). Ease our using the non-ladder end, as there is a small block of foam to protect the ladders.

2). Gently ease the clear bag off the model, rotating very gently as you do so to clear all the detail on the underside and the bogies. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty straightforward, but it's worth taking your time over!

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Nooooooooooooooooo! Better chop up the credit card now then hadn't I really.

On a serious note though, congratulations to Mike & Ben on getting the project completed so quickly and to such a high standard too.

They look amazing and although I didn't purchase any myself (to 'new' for me I'm afraid) I look froward to driving them around Banbury soon!

Double B****r,

'Spose I'd better find you some cash then :(

Cheers,

Paul

How many of the old Farish ones would you like?

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

The second batch of TEAs have just gone in the post today so should be hitting people's doorsteps early next week.

There is probably one more batch to send out which we will try to get done next weekend.

We had originally planned to combine all orders from each customer but it hasn't always proved most effective for posting. If you placed more than one order you might the lot in one go or in separate shipments (you should still get exactly what is on the packing slip (unless we make a mistake!)).

Cheers Mike