Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Results - The Wishlist Poll 2016

• RMweb Gold

Brian,

There's a curious clue in the header of your PDFs.

"Draft Summary of BRCS Survey of “Commercially Viable Coaches "

I very much liked the work of the team on "commercially viable steam locomotives" (even if Hornby picked a different Peckett!)

I look forward to an essay on "commercially viable coaches" and hope that the difficulties in selecting 'representative' diagrams don't dissuade you and the team from including Churchward toplight coaches, which polled strongly again - this time in 13th place overall and 2nd on the coaching stock list.

On a related topic, I continue to find it interesting that GWR slip coaches poll as low as they do. (Of course I remain keen.) The best answer of course is probably a well built kit, but I find the results interesting all the same.

Hello Oz

I have no idea how that header got there and can't see it myself. We did run a survey with Robert Carroll's BRCS Yahoo Group some years ago - but that would have nothing to do with these results whatsoever.

The F16 and F24 Slip Coaches are both High Polling, so not too bad.

Brian (on behalf of The Poll  Team)

• RMweb Gold

Well, I propose we suggest something - particularly in the 009 space.

I mentioned here that "I do think 009 might be handled the same way as "Industrial" locomotives."

To Brian's reply:

I think we can come up with something.

Brian, since the poll is no longer visible, Can you send me the list of the 009 questions?

Hello Oz

Industrial list sent from the Poll Team email address to you.

Brian (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• RMweb Gold

I'm pleased to see the J27 has made it almost to the top of the LNER table! :good:

Hello Raised on Steam

The J26/J27 has been in the Top 7 of the LNER list since 2012 and was actually top of that category last year. Although it has slipped from top-spot, it is now in the overall Top 50.

Brian Macdermott (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• Like 1

I have no idea how that header got there and can't see it myself. We did run a survey with Robert Carroll's BRCS Yahoo Group some years ago - but that would have nothing to do with these results whatsoever.

It's embedded in the PDF and only visible when not in full-page mode. There must be some kind of tag/header for a file name that was resident in your source.

post-1819-0-61514000-1478190311_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sending the "industrials" question.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Gold

Hello Oz

I have just found that myself! (Good job it wasn't the one headed "Draft Poll Team Plans For World Domination"!!) :mosking:

I'll try to get that removed next year. I don't want to risk damaging the results PDFs this year.

In 00 (do they mean 4mm?) why is Carflat listed when  and Oxford have announced a version of these?

Surprised to see Sole listed as only LMS, as BR built a batch and they were widely spread, long lived and had a lot of different liveries and brandings.

As a 7mm modeller pleasant to notice how many of the wagons scoring highly in the post 1948 portion are available/on their way for us. I just wish the same was true of coaching stock. Why can't we have a poll?

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul

• RMweb Premium

Once again completely disheartened at the lack of showing of anything Scottish.   I think the Caley3F makes it in Steam top 50 with 185 votes but is beaten by the Bullied Leader!!!!!!!!   Could it be that now most mainstream items have been picked off that we are left with a significant number of also rans none of which are really that sought after?  Thanks to Brian and team for the poll and all the hard work that goes on around it but if you were a manufacturer would you place your release program around it......   Dreadnought coaches    really ?

• RMweb Gold

Hello Paul

We elected long ago to term the Polls N and 00 for ease of understanding by most voters.

The Carflat is listed as 'various Diagrams from 1959'. The Oxford version is later (1964). We are not aware of a Bachmann version. Did you mean the NGS one in N?

We list the Sole to give a variant for the LMS (and I have feeling it was suggested by Ozexpatriate many moons ago). We say in The Guide text they had long lives. It would be 'doubling up' if we listed under BR also.

We have had a 7mm (0) Poll on the Agenda since we started running in 2012 and it is on the 2017 Agenda again already.

Brian Macdermott (on behalf of The Poll Team)

Once again completely disheartened at the lack of showing of anything Scottish.   I think the Caley3F makes it in Steam top 50 with 185 votes but is beaten by the Bullied Leader!!!!!!!!  ....

Could have been worse. It could have been beaten by the Fell.....

• RMweb Gold

Once again completely disheartened at the lack of showing of anything Scottish.   I think the Caley3F makes it in Steam top 50 with 185 votes but is beaten by the Bullied Leader!!!!!!!!  

Hello Legend

Sorry to hear that. There are two CR locos in the LMS High Polling segment. The NBR J36 was High Polling last year but has just (by a small margin) slipped back into the Middle Polling segment - despite getting ten more votes. Looking at the year-on-year results, 'Scottish' types are coming up slowly but surely, so don't lose heart! The NER has seen not one but two manufacturers look at the Q7, for example, and many thought that such a loco would never be made.

We sent out Press Releases to many Scottish societies, but we missed getting into at least three as their publication dates were too early for us to be included. And we did supply a Poll Poster on the earlier Poll thread for readers to put up at clubs or send to their friends.

The Bulleid Leader was Middle Polling in 2012 but has gone higher ever since. The Dreadnoughts have been steadily climbing over the years also.

• RMweb Gold

In 00 (do they mean 4mm?) why is Carflat listed when  and Oxford have announced a version of these?

Surprised to see Sole listed as only LMS, as BR built a batch and they were widely spread, long lived and had a lot of different liveries and brandings.

As a 7mm modeller pleasant to notice how many of the wagons scoring highly in the post 1948 portion are available/on their way for us. I just wish the same was true of coaching stock. Why can't we have a poll?

Paul

If it's a wanted list for r-t-r models, I'd say it means OO, anything else will happen to them after purchase.

Note to whoever is the product planner at Hornby

Dear Sir,

I am an the proud owner of several D16s, J15s, D49s, J50s and L1s. To complete my collection I'd appreciate some J27s, N7s and a couple of Sentinel Railcars.

Thank you in anticipation,

Confused.

Wouldn't some suitable brake vans be useful?

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Brian

The figures are interesting. No only increased voters but also the engagement with manufacturers as evidenced by the number of models from the top of the voting list.

Congratulations on creating a very influential poll.

Phil

Interesting that for my particular area of interest, rolling stock has polled higher this year than any of the locos still on the list.  I do hope that Bachmann and Hornby take note; all very well having a Pom-Pom, Director etc in pre-group livery if all you have to run with them are 1930s LNER bow ended stock....

I wonder how much longer it'll be before more of the AC Electrics are produced, bearing in mind Classes 81-84. 87, 89, 91 occupy 7 of the top 11 spots in the Diesel, Electric and Gas Turbine locos section

But they probably would because there are no diesels left to model.

However, it is a gap that needs to be filled, it seems odd you can model the modern WCML but pre 1990 is very difficult RTR and pre 1980 has way too many gaps to make a representative layout.

...This is why the shiny object phenomenon - a really pretty/interesting/unique model has such cachet - like the Wainwright C class (I resisted temptation there) or the GNR Stirling Single (I plan to get one of those) is so important...

Might this relatively early loco (1870) provoke a desire for some of its contemporaries? A yellow ochre Gladstone and some blackberry black Creweness might appeal.

... there are no diesels left to model...

I detect a noticeable absence, the NBL class 21/29 group. I carelessly failed to check whether it was listed in this years poll.

Hello Raised on Steam

The J26/J27 has been in the Top 7 of the LNER list since 2012 and was actually top of that category last year. Although it has slipped from top-spot, it is now in the overall Top 50.

Thanks Brian, I'm still  a bit of an RMweb newbie and didn't know this. I'm even more pleased to find out the J27's been a high scorer for years! I just hope the lovely Q6 has sold well enough to be an incentive for more RTR NER.

• RMweb Gold

I detect a noticeable absence, the NBL class 21/29 group. I carelessly failed to check whether it was listed in this years poll.

Hello 34

The Class 21/29 is not in the 00 Poll as it has been announced by Dapol. Hattons has it on their website for pre-order, but with no delivery date. They show a CAD. The two classes are still in the N Poll.