Not Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Oh you utter tease, followed the link and there's no content yet!

I'm busy concocting an 'official history' writing up the official history for of mine at the moment, so I'm not quite ready to post anything yet.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ahem

Andy has very kindly set it up, I'm just finalising a few bits of "furniture" for the place before everyone gets stuck in.

I have consulted with his Riceness and things will be appearing shortly - won't be a moment, just got to make another tea….

Simon

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Have you finished your tea yet, Simon?

It appears so. Entry form downloaded, completed and sent off in relation to Mutton.

The game is afoot.......

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm afraid Mrs Doyle didn't do any such thing, in fact I had to make her a coffee in addition to making my own tea..

However, said beverage was indeed consumed and I think I have also (hopefully) got something intelligible and useful loaded up to the new challenge area. Here's a measure of just how seriously I'm taking the whole business by the way, I used my very special mug...

post-19301-0-61995200-1492815684.jpg

Thank you again Andy for facilitating it all - let's go Cameo!

Simon

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I'm afraid Mrs Doyle didn't do any such thing, in fact I had to make her a coffee in addition to making my own tea..

However, said beverage was indeed consumed and I think I have also (hopefully) got something intelligible and useful loaded up to the new challenge area. Here's a measure of just how seriously I'm taking the whole business by the way, I used my very special mug...

attachicon.gifQueencup.jpg

Thank you again Andy for facilitating it all - let's go Cameo!

Simon

I recognise that mug.

Hmmmm. I'm getting tempted. The layout is already designed, so this might be the incentive I need to build it to the high standards I was originally aiming for, rather than water it down to get the job done quicker (or not build it at all). I see the suggested length is 4' 6", which is just what it happens to be, but to be different, it's 7mm scale. I'm trying to give up buying books, and spend the money on modelling instead though, especially as with the cost of some research material I ought to buy to help with the layout, the cost of bits of paper could be almost as much as the materials I still need to buy for the layout! Oh well, it's only money, and will only reduce the time I can afford to stay alive by a few days!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I purchased my copy at Railwells yesterday. I asked Ian to sign it. He has lost none of his wit as he said that unsigned copies are more valuable as they are rarer!

I shall not be entering the competition however. Too much going on in my life, leading up to a house move next year. 

Looks a good book. Some of the photos of well known RMWeb folk are a bit scary!

I have enjoyed Iain's writing over the years and yes he has championed and written about small layouts before,  but I'm sure I'll find something new.  I'm looking for inspiration for a wharf side layout using the Ixion 0-4-0DM and Minerva 0-4-0ST. 7mm of course, which is even more challenging in a shoe box.  If my 57xx can be accommodated, so much the better.  Gloucester docks are providing the theme for this idea. 

Sounds good. I am looking at Midland for my inspiration but I did take a look at the Minerva 57xx yesterday at Wells and it looks a cracker.

• RMweb Gold

I did take a look at the Minerva 57xx yesterday at Wells and it looks a cracker.

Oh dear, I thought they weren't being released until later this month. I do hope it was a demonstration model only, otherwise I might have had to down the decorating tools and pop up to collect mine.

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear, I thought they weren't being released until later this month. I do hope it was a demonstration model only, otherwise I might have had to down the decorating tools and pop up to collect mine.

Sorry to have caused a panic. As PDSW says, an undecorated sample but I thought some of the detail was exceptionally well done.

Keep  on decorating.

• RMweb Gold

I purchased my copy at Railwells yesterday. I asked Ian to sign it. He has lost none of his wit as he said that unsigned copies are more valuable as they are rarer!

I shall not be entering the competition however. Too much going on in my life, leading up to a house move next year. 

Looks a good book. Some of the photos of well known RMWeb folk are a bit scary!

I have enjoyed Iain's writing over the years and yes he has championed and written about small layouts before,  but I'm sure I'll find something new.  I'm looking for inspiration for a wharf side layout using the Ixion 0-4-0DM and Minerva 0-4-0ST. 7mm of course, which is even more challenging in a shoe box.  If my 57xx can be accommodated, so much the better.  Gloucester docks are providing the theme for this idea.

Do it.....

post-14122-0-77953000-1502828696.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Having ordered my copy of the book 3 months from Waterstones I was informed this afternoon that they were unable to supply my copy. Slightly miffed, to say the least. I have asked to cancel my order so I now have to try and get hold of a copy. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone who is able to supply one?

Marc   

• RMweb Gold

Having ordered my copy of the book 3 months from Waterstones I was informed this afternoon that they were unable to supply my copy. Slightly miffed, to say the least. I have asked to cancel my order so I now have to try and get hold of a copy. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone who is able to supply one?

Marc

Try here

http://titfield.co.uk/Book-shelves/Books-A2-det.htm#4760

Excellent service!

Cheers,

Keith