Exactoscale Track Components

mike knowles

I notice that all the Exactoscale track components seem to have now been removed from the C&L website.

I've looked on the Scalefour Stores website but can't seem to find any mention of them now stocking these items.

Does anyone have any idea if they are currently available (I'm specifically after some 7mm scale 3 bolt chairs).

I did put a post on the Scalefour Forum a few weeks ago asking Andrew Jukes what was happening with regard to 7mm track components but as yet have not had a reply.

• RMweb Gold

I notice that all the Exactoscale track components seem to have now been removed from the C&L website.

I've looked on the Scalefour Stores website but can't seem to find any mention of them now stocking these items.

Does anyone have any idea if they are currently available (I'm specifically after some 7mm scale 3 bolt chairs).

I did put a post on the Scalefour Forum a few weeks ago asking Andrew Jukes what was happening with regard to 7mm track components but as yet have not had a reply.

Hi,

They are working their way through things at the moment. Things will be available when they are ready to start selling them again.

I've only seen announcements in the EM gauge newsletter and Scalefour forum (reproduced here in the past in the C&L thread) which I would expect to hold the 4mm parts in the future. The implication is that 'they are coming to these societies' not that they are there yet. I haven't seen anything regarding 7mm - you might be better asking the 7mm societies directly whether they've heard about anything coming their way. 

Edited by sharris

Mike

A little bird told me that the Exactoscale parts C&L held are now with representatives of the Partnership, however I understand back up stocks are held by the extruders

I understand that initially the 4 mm parts will be supplied by both the Scalefour and EM gauge societies. An unconfirmed rumor is that a similar agreement is being sought for the 7 mm parts

Longer term the Partnership seems to want to be able to supply to the public via their own distribution outlet.

Nearly 2 months have passed since the statement released in the EM societies news letter with further communications expected via the Scalefour Society

Mike

A little bird told me that the Exactoscale parts C&L held are now with representatives of the Partnership, however I understand back up stocks are held by the extruders

I understand that initially the 4 mm parts will be supplied by both the Scalefour and EM gauge societies. An unconfirmed rumor is that a similar agreement is being sought for the 7 mm parts

Longer term the Partnership seems to want to be able to supply to the public via their own distribution outlet.

Nearly 2 months have passed since the statement released in the EM societies news letter with further communications expected via the Scalefour Society

Is it possible to obtain parts from the Partnership?

Only when they start trading, which will be much later as no dates have been given. Societies will be the first to supply parts

OK thanks for the info. I don'the wish to sound impatient but I just need a few more chairs and fishplates to complete the last siding on our club layout Invermire. I'll get some of the C&L ones for now.

It is a shame that we have these issues, one thing is I have no idea about the politics of why the EM gauge society has run out of stocks, as they were stockists when C&L ran the distribution  and I doubt if Phil was unwilling to supply them.

As for 7 mm scale I have no idea if there are any alternative sources of Exactoscale parts, C&L do most except for bridge chairs and the H shaped fishplates as Exactoscale has a limited range. So S1 chairs are available from C&L. Off the Rails do some lovely 3D printed parts

We will have some 7mm Exactoscale Products with us at Scaleforum 

MNW1919

• RMweb Premium

It is confirmed today on the Scalefour Society forum that exactoscale products will initially be available from the S4, EMG and Scale7 societies and it appears to be envisaged that they will be available to society members only.  Some products will be available at Scaleforum later this month.  Eventually their products will be available to all through exactoscale.com when a product ordering facility is available there.

DT

Edited by Torper

So what does this mean? That in order to buy 7mm parts, I have to become a member of a society that I don't want to be a member of?

Scale 7 I am sure is good for people wanting to build to 33mm track gauge, but I want to stay with 32mm.

As long as Scale 7 only sell to their members the range is lost to the rest of us.

Sven

So what does this mean? That in order to buy 7mm parts, I have to become a member of a society that I don't want to be a member of?

Scale 7 I am sure is good for people wanting to build to 33mm track gauge, but I want to stay with 32mm.

As long as Scale 7 only sell to their members the range is lost to the rest of us.

Sven

Apparently you will be able to order online direct from Exactoscale but you'll have to pay an extra 10%!

A Public Announcement? A bit pompous perhaps?

Public in the sense that it is on Exactoscale's own site, not on a society site. Note that the capital P and A are yours, not mine. Note also that I am not involved with Exactoscale Products in any way; I'm not promoting them.

• RMweb Gold

Apparently you will be able to order online direct from Exactoscale but you'll have to pay an extra 10%!

But Andrew points out that he does not wish to make a profit nor a loss. Offering societies the opportunity to sell items at a lower price than his online store strikes me as being fair to them. It is an inducement for them to sell more. I have no interest in handbuilt track beyond admiration for its appearance. But I do believe in model societies and their aims. 

Would you want to be a member of any club that would have you as a member?

I am sorry but I do not understand the question.

I do not want to be a member of Scale 7 because they are a specialized society that build to a different standard than I do. I used to be a member but decided that they where not for me.

As a Society they are great with many nice help and features. 

I am considering to join Gauge0guild again after quite a few years of absence.

Club?   I am currently a member of the Limassol Railway club. They have not thrown me out yet so I guess they will have me.

There is also a wonderful club with some very nice layouts a bit further off. I will visit them more once i have sorted a good way to get there.

Now , Did I write something that was a bit odd sounding in English? If so I am sorry. After all my first language is not English.

Sven

• RMweb Gold

I do not want to be a member of Scale 7 because they are a specialized society that build to a different standard than I do. I used to be a member but decided that they where not for me.

Club?   I am currently a member of the Limassol Railway club. They have not thrown me out yet so I guess they will have me.

There is also a wonderful club with some very nice layouts a bit further off. I will visit them more once i have sorted a good way to get there.

Now , Did I write something that was a bit odd sounding in English? If so I am sorry. After all my first language is not English.

Sven

I think Ivan's reference is to Groucho Marx, who first said he wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would let him join. Your English is excellent, but obscure humour is the most difficult area to learn, as it's cultural as well as language-based. I write as an expat who speaks very poor French!

• Like 1

Sven

Sven

The issues with track components at the moment is a bit unsatisfactory, I can understand Mr Dukes frustration with how the system was, which to a certain extent due to issues prior to C&L taking over the marketing, then when it did having owners (for what I believe being good commercial decisions) who both fully did not take advantage of fully promoting the systems, plus the apathy of most British modellers relating to track

C&L is now in a much better state and exports it products, both plastic H shaped fishplates and Bridge chairs are the two items not covered, until the Exactoscale selling function is up and running then you will need to either make friends with a member or wait a few months.

Ivan was using British humor from a well know saying from a comediac actor

• RMweb Premium

Initially, yes.  It would, I think, be unreasonable to expect the volunteer trade officers of the three societies involved to have to deal with orders from the general public which would probably be considerably more than those from their own members.  Eventually (no time scale is suggested) exactoscale.com will be able to deal with orders from the the public at large (and when that happens I hope that its website will open a lot quicker than it currently does!). Also, as John says above, one shouldn't forget that C&L currently offer a range of 7mm track building components although that is not as extensive as the Exactoscale range.

DT

Edited by Torper

The other option are the chairs designed by Off the Rails via Shapeways

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/otr?s=0

These are superb quality items and do chairs that are not available via C&L and Exactoscale, need a slightly different mind set when building them and I am happy to forward the advice david has kindly given me for the build process

Or back to standard items Peco sell a component range in 7 mm scale.