New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

Hi Mick,

Great news to hear you have the layout back and it all be on the curcuit again seen it in the flesh a few times you/the layout operators even sold me some loco's back in the late 90's nice weathered jobbys they were two :rolleyes:

Will watch this with interest.

P.S do you remember the show when was it the green peak went speeding up the back of the steel train causing a right mess in the tunnel next to the station i remember that took a while to sort out/clean up :unsure::blink:

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

P.S do you remember the show when was it the green peak went speeding up the back of the steel train causing a right mess in the tunnel next to the station i remember that took a while to sort out/clean up :unsure::blink:

That may have been any of many shows......... :blush: :mellow: :blink: :blink:

Mick

Guest jim s-w

Hi Mick

If you move the period forward that rather nice MBC Mk3 Transit will be well out of place. Happy to home it on New Street if you want to move it on!

Cheers

Jim

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick

If you move the period forward that rather nice MBC Mk3 Transit will be well out of place. Happy to home it on New Street if you want to move it on!

Cheers

Jim

Sorry Jim,

We have a plan to create a "traveller" enclave on a future layout and the Transit will acquire a coat of rusty white paint! :)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

The multi-storey carpark so far. It's relatively small as it's a half-relief "end" of the structure attached to the retail/entertainment complex that is above and beyond the station.

The carcass is 5mm foamboard and will be clad with Wills/Slaters sheeting.

post-408-0-69722200-1310865583_thumb.jpg

Now to buy about 35 cars.......

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

A couple of delays due to work and holidays, but the momentum gathers...... it has to, with the first show 4 weeks away!

A couple of views showing more work done. The disused railway bridge is ready for application of the bushes and trees. Most of the new security fencing has been assembled but this won't be fitted until later. The new warehouse is constructed and cladding is being fitted. The new platform edge is in and the station concourse is taking shape. The main building is a perspex box and will be clad inthe next few days. There is a "Premier Inn" type building next to the station - this is now complete and is starting to be painted.

Other work still to complete - the road bridge will be taking shape shortly, as will the small apartment block that will be located between the car park and the road bridge.

post-408-0-74427300-1312242647_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-62316200-1312242662_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-93802700-1312242752_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

The car park is nearly done.

An overall view showing the cladding to break up the flat sides. Sills have been fitted to the openings.

post-408-0-47429900-1312761496_thumb.jpg

The ground floor has acquired security fencing to prevent the scrotes climbing in a nicking radios...... Handrails have also been fitted to the upper floors.

post-408-0-68615100-1312761541_thumb.jpg

The upper floor now has a lift and door to the stairwell.

post-408-0-69905700-1312761584_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-70611100-1312761607_thumb.jpg

The top deck has also received a safety rail.

post-408-0-57243500-1312761671_thumb.jpg

There is a bit more detail to add above the lift, then it's painting time. I have a can of Plasticote Suede ready as per JSW New Street.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Looking really good Mick, liking the car park especially.

Cars on order, with more to come!

I was looking forward to seeing both yourself anfd the layout at the Blackburn show, unfortunately i will now be in Berlin for 4 days at a trade show :angry:

I shall just have to say hello at Barrow Hill instead.:)

Shame you can't make Blackburn - look forward to a beer or two at BH!

Another taster - especially for the Tug fans.

post-408-0-86533400-1313018772_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick,

Your certainly making great progress with the layout its looking really good and some nice stock as well - liking the 60 but also that Northern 150/2 is really good as well.

Don't think I'll get to see it anytime soon but will keep an eye out for future shows.

Thanks,

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Loads more done today. The security fencing has been made ready to fit - about 7feet of Knightwing kits.............. This will be put into place as late as possible, so it doesn't get damaged whilst other work is carried out.

The station roof is beginning to take shape - pics later. The car park is in the paint shops and will also be photographed soon.

Finally, the five 3-aspect and call-on signals are taking shape. And yes yu've guessed it - pics later.

Don't forget, New Bryford will be at Blackburn Exhibition in 3 weeks time.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

More pics showing the station roof taking shape.

post-408-0-28967800-1313797643.jpg

post-408-0-34101700-1313797685.jpg

post-408-0-30965000-1313797697.jpg

post-408-0-62543900-1313797711.jpg

These pics are a few days behind the actual progress of the refurb. Virtually finished the car park earlier tonight. Pics in a couple of days.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

With less than one week to go, there's still a decent amount of work to be done - much midnight oil burning and overtime will probably occur.

Here's a quick (dodgy pic) update of the apartment block test fitted with balconies - perfect for trainspotting from....................

post-408-0-44580500-1314482428.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Guest Digital

With less than one week to go, there's still a decent amount of work to be done - much midnight oil burning and overtime will probably occur.

Here's a quick (dodgy pic) update of the apartment block test fitted with balconies - perfect for trainspotting from....................

Cheers,

Mick

Looking good Mick.

John

• RMweb Premium

Hi John - thanks!

Apologies for lack of photos - been too busy building/painting etc. Now it's wheel cleaning in preparation for Blackburn show this weekend.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/35892-blackburn-elmrs-exhibition-september-34-2011/

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick,

I'm watching your progress with anticipation!

The apartment block and car park are top notch.

Do you think that a well heeled Ned will buy one of the aprtments and have the best vantage point in town?!! :lol:

Trev

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick, love the shot of the Loadhaul beast on the TEAs!

The apartment block is a very fine piece of modelling, great work Sir!

I bet they are damn expensive too!

The apartment block is mostly the work of fellow layout owner Spike - i've just done the balconies.

The TEA's are on and tested ready for this weekend

Cheers,

Mick

Archived