The Engine Shed

Multiple identity account

Re the promise of a future announcement.  To me its very obvious, without anything other than pure guesswork its clear that that they need something else to run behind the beautiful blue Merchant Navy and the two of the Lord Nelsons. They have the 59 ft underframe so they put  Bulleid shortie bodies on top and hay presto they get some (different) Bullied coaches out before Bachmann. You know it makes sense Hornby!

Godfrey

Probably. Since I recently bought two sets of Ian Kirk kits.  :yes: 

Jason

• RMweb Gold

If not a Princess then maybe a Velaro?  The Channel Tunnel was officially opened May 6th 1994 - as that's a Sunday this year and Monday is Bank Holiday then May 8th is the first working day after.

I have no problem with them announcing a new non-Corridor GWR coach one week, and another the week after, and a third the week after that 

Rovex (living in hope)

...... how do you know the Third will be the week after that ? - they might announce the Third first then a Composite second with a full First third and a Brake Third venturing forth at the end ?

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear - what a shambles they have fallen into.  In the past we all had good fun picking up the hints and teasers lurking off centre in The Engine Shed so folk looked out for every edition and spent time poring over any shots or video content looking for those hints and then getting talking about it.  Now having done their best worst to reduce it to the level of PR pap they have to make an announcement about an announcement (where have we heard that one before?) in a bid to re-grab the sort of attention it once had; sticking plaster on a smoking hole in the foot.

Sorry Hornby but your new found marketing amateurism is showing once again, good job you've not messed up the standards of research and design going into new model railway items (yet).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear - what a shambles they have fallen into.  In the past we all had good fun picking up the hints and teasers lurking off centre in The Engine Shed so folk looked out for every edition and spent time poring over any shots or video content looking for those hints and then getting talking about it.  Now having done their best worst to reduce it to the level of PR pap they have to make an announcement about an announcement (where have we heard that one before?) in a bid to re-grab the sort of attention it once had; sticking plaster on a smoking hole in the foot.

Sorry Hornby but your new found marketing amateurism is showing once again, good job you've not messed up the standards of research and design going into new model railway items (yet).

Mike that sounds to me that S Kohler is back in his old job. :sarcastic:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mike that sounds to me that S Kohler is back in his old job. :sarcastic:

I really never understood why they asked him back. Although Hornby got a lot of things wrong , latterly , their marketing was very good and I think had suceeded in getting a lot of modellers back on side. Hints on Engine Shed , direct contact with developers, tie up with Hornby magazine , catalogues much more widely available in WH Smith and even Tesco’s were really great initiatives.

• Like 1

From today's e-mailout link to ES - the blog also reports moving to a monthly cycle, with the next one in June just before Warley, with a 'big surprise in store' presaged.

Is that a repeat of May's big announcement, or another ?

• RMweb Premium

From today's e-mailout link to ES - the blog also reports moving to a monthly cycle, with the next one in June just before Warley, with a 'big surprise in store' presaged.

It reported moving to a monthly edition at the start of the year.

The big announcement is - obviously - that Hornby' boffins have successfully created a time machine ( in the shape of a DLR set rather than a Police Telephone Box ) .......................... it only seems to work into the past at present - but they're working on a future-looking program and will tell us when they get there !

Have no idea what's all the confusion about.

Hornby have only linked their ES blog which was basically dedicated to the Class 87. The recent email from Hornby was about the imminent arrival of the Class 87s. Therefore they have linked the blog for people to see it's development.

I don't see what the fuss is about and why you consider it a mistake?? All they've done is put in a link related to the Class 87's development.

Edited by MGR Hooper!

• 1 month later...

Any indications as to when the next Engine Shed is due?

Rovex

"Unfortunately not, but the next edition will be coming to you soon!"

They seem to be finding it hard to keep upto the monthly format also. 19/04/2018 was the previous one with a "STOP PRESS!" edition on 08/05/2018. Ideally the so called stop press ones are supposed to be surprise editions inbetween to make announcements. Either way they haven't been keeping the monthly format also.

Edited by MGR Hooper!

...... still withering this Friday by the look of it .............

Yes and I was expecting an action packed edition, detailing the development and production of their "Father's Day" wagon, including research, 3D prints and pre-productions samples

Yes and I was expecting an action packed edition, detailing the development and production of their "Father's Day" wagon, including research, 3D prints and pre-productions samples

Remind me where and when they laser-scanner the prototype ........ my memory's gone completely blank on the matter ............................................... ! ............

Quite disappointing again. From what they told me, there is supposed to be an interesting edition coming up. This was more than a week ago.

Did that qualify as an "announcement" of an upcoming quite interesting post?

• Like 1