The Engine Shed

Multiple identity account

• RMweb Gold

With all due respect trevor7598, if you did have a thorough read through of the two most recent blogs from Hornby they clearly stated that they'll be focusing on one specific newly announced item in future editions i.e. each model will have an entire blog dedicated to it.

With no teasers etc in the background to whip up interest or drop hints - oops.  Back to their bad old-fashioned ideas of promotion and marketing.

And no doubt it will impact eventually on the interest people take in The engine Shed - it used to be a bit of fun, some guesswork, playing around trying to 'freeze' video frames and so on,  In future if it's fdown to a 'one item' issue every time with nothing else the novelty and interest might wane and only the folk interested in this month's 'promoted content' will bother to look at it.  How to ruin a well developed and clever marketing and promotional tool in one easy lesson.

But not to worry there's plenty of things to look at elsewhere with other people dropping in new announcements by drip feeding and thus forever creating new interest in a market that looks for novelty in the shape of new production.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think its ok to major on one item in the blog but not to the exclusion of all else . To do so would be very one dimensional thinking. As you said in an earlier post , Mike, I did take heart reading between the lines of the last blog where reference was made to teasers etc . You never know in the next blog if it majors on say the new restaurant car there might just be a trace of a caley tender in the background.......................I wish!

It would have been interesting to know in a recent interview just exactly what Simon Kohler is consulting on and what his role is.

• Like 1

With no teasers etc in the background to whip up interest or drop hints - oops..

It's only the last day in January. Expecting hints in every edition is a little far fetched. It may have happened earlier with the teasers for the MN, however lets keep it different. They promised us some exciting content. It's a platform to share information about current products. Not only for teasers, I think including teasers has done nothing but up peoples expectations to some very unreasonable levels.

With no teasers etc in the background to whip up interest or drop hints - oops.  Back to their bad old-fashioned ideas of promotion and marketing.

And no doubt it will impact eventually on the interest people take in The engine Shed - it used to be a bit of fun, some guesswork, playing around trying to 'freeze' video frames and so on,  In future if it's fdown to a 'one item' issue every time with nothing else the novelty and interest might wane and only the folk interested in this month's 'promoted content' will bother to look at it.  How to ruin a well developed and clever marketing and promotional tool in one easy lesson.

But not to worry there's plenty of things to look at elsewhere with other people dropping in new announcements by drip feeding and thus forever creating new interest in a market that looks for novelty in the shape of new production.

If they focus on one specific item the're's no reason there shouldn't be an occasional teaser in the video background ............. as there so often used to be - out of focus .......

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Erm...

"We also recently received all six of the BR 63’ Hawksworth carriages. While perhaps not stealing the headlines like the J36 and Lord Nelson, these models have been reintroduced after a break in the range, which we hope is good news for many of you. It’s also the first time they’ve appeared in Crimson and Cream, which was reason enough to show them off to you here in The Engine Shed."

That's not correct though -  is it? 

CoY

Edited by County of Yorkshire

• RMweb Gold

Erm...

"We also recently received all six of the BR 63’ Hawksworth carriages. While perhaps not stealing the headlines like the J36 and Lord Nelson, these models have been reintroduced after a break in the range, which we hope is good news for many of you. It’s also the first time they’ve appeared in Crimson and Cream, which was reason enough to show them off to you here in The Engine Shed."

CoY

It certainly is not. In detention for 0/10 for homework .Oh gawd...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Erm...

CoY

No, it isn't. The 'B' on the end of the catalogue numbers should have given someone a clue. :jester:

John

I don’t see anywhere it says “This is the first time in crimson and cream”

The italic text in my post was copied and pasted verbatim from today's Engine Shed entry around 1 minute before the time of my post (13:42). The entry has quite clearly been edited; whether my comment prompted this edit we'll never know...

CoY

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Could have been edited since CoY read it. 

I certainly read the same version as CoY at 12.01, but the fact they changed it means that some web developer person has been sent to the MiM for re-education  :triniti:  :triniti:

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Like 3

I think it's time to let this go. A mistake was made and to the publisher's credit was corrected. No harm, no foul. Let's move on.

Uncorrected mistakes are a different thing entirely.

There is certainly a lot of information in this edition of The Engine Shed regarding three different products. That is a good thing.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I think it's time to let this go. A mistake was made and to the publisher's credit was corrected. No harm, no foul. Let's move on.

Uncorrected mistakes are a different thing entirely.

There is certainly a lot of information in this edition of The Engine Shed regarding three different products. That is a good thing.

I think it must be remembered that these musings are posted in the spirit of good natured banter and should be accepted as such.No harm was intended,I am sure.Continuing on the theme of bells now ringing out on the Bachmann thread Cass 66 Evening Star ,this was a clanger well and truly dropped.