NEW Realtrack DMU

charliepetty

• RMweb Premium

Or you were thinking of this: http://s285.photobucket.com/user/hairyhandedfool/media/NSE156_zps5539a1da.jpg.html and its friend http://s285.photobucket.com/user/hairyhandedfool/media/NSE153_zpsab073daa.jpg.html :-D

Now, with all this excitement over the new 156s, will I be able to get hold of some cheap Hurst detailing kits to complete my Lima/Hornby sets...?

Edited by JDW
  • Like 2

if anyone is interested here is a video clip of the Realtrack 156 on the test track at Warley taken by myself, unfortunately in poor light so hard to see all the lovely underframe detail.

Is it just me, or is there quite a large gap between coaches? Or maybe there will be a close-coupling option?

Edited by YesTor

Is it just me, or is there quite a large gap between coaches? Or maybe there will be a close-coupling option?

This is a 'No Win' situation for us!!!   The Class 144 & Class 143 had the corridor connections touching, this we were limited in reality to 3rd radius on pointwork and 2nd radius on constant curves, thus we had lots of customers says 'It Fall's of on my Points', if we had given an extra 4mm spacing then we would have had less complaints!!!  Thus on developing the 156 we had to bear in mind three things:

1/  Its a long vehicle (144/143s are 110mm shorter)

2/  Far longer overhang from the centre line of the rear bogie compared with the 144/143.

3/  Its impossible to have corridor connections touching with that amount of bodyshell displacement (Based an Radius 2 pointwork)

So the world of trains is a compromise, Bachmann & Hornby have the same issues which is down to model trains going around silly curves, we have made a model to do

just that, so as I said to start with, This is a 'No Win' situation.    SORRY. Charlie

This is a 'No Win' situation for us!!!   The Class 144 & Class 143 had the corridor connections touching, this we were limited in reality to 3rd radius on pointwork and 2nd radius on constant curves, thus we had lots of customers says 'It Fall's of on my Points', if we had given an extra 4mm spacing then we would have had less complaints!!!  Thus on developing the 156 we had to bear in mind three things:

1/  Its a long vehicle (144/143s are 110mm shorter)

2/  Far longer overhang from the centre line of the rear bogie compared with the 144/143.

3/  Its impossible to have corridor connections touching with that amount of bodyshell displacement (Based an Radius 2 pointwork)

So the world of trains is a compromise, Bachmann & Hornby have the same issues which is down to model trains going around silly curves, we have made a model to do

just that, so as I said to start with, This is a 'No Win' situation.    SORRY. Charlie

It must be VERY frustrating Charlie, I know I would feel the same as you. Ultimately, you have to think about your customers and the vast majority of them are running indoors, around extremely unprototypically tight curves and pointwork - so like you say, it has to be a compromise.

I think what it does highlight again though, is that a lot of people don't want to get a scalpel out or design a way of making the connections appear more realistic.

You can't have it both ways!

cheers

Andy

All I want is a unit in a livery that suits my area, SpottyScotties and Fist don't quite do it for me, sorry, although I doubt you'll need my pounds for now given the great reaction the units are getting.  If the gangways can't cope with my planned 24" minimum radius I'll sort it out later, although by the sounds of it they will.

So, Provincial Running Man and Central "Pretenda158" as soon as you like please.

All I want is a unit in a livery that suits my area, SpottyScotties and Fist don't quite do it for me, sorry, although I doubt you'll need my pounds for now given the great reaction the units are getting.  If the gangways can't cope with my planned 24" minimum radius I'll sort it out later, although by the sounds of it they will.

So, Provincial Running Man and Central "Pretenda158" as soon as you like please.

The  Reason for ScotRail is because people buy them, we have over 25% reserved/ordered already, that's in two weeks!!  We need to sell them before ordering the next batch, these are East Midlands Trains & Provincial (Original Livery).  These are what people have asked for:

post-3411-0-96267100-1481131736_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-85762500-1481131759_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Please not all 156 & 142 Info is now to be entered onto the 156 Thread OR the 142 Thread.    Charlie

We are planning another project shortly and it not forced to be a DMU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An Electrostar, perhaps?????????

The  Reason for ScotRail is because people buy them, we have over 25% reserved/ordered already, that's in two weeks!!  We need to sell them before ordering the next batch, these are East Midlands Trains & Provincial (Original Livery).  These are what people have asked for:

I fully understand you've prioritised those likely to sell quickest, and I'm pleased the original livery is likely after you've sold a few Scottish ones.  I'll be up for a couple of Provincial when orders are ready to be taken.  Must admit I do like the EMT ones as well.

It's good that it is selling so well in the first two liveries.

I would of thought you would have done the current Northern rail livery with all the brandings, Hornby never did this livery except for the settle and Carlisle picture livery.

The current Northern Livery is changing, that's why we did not do it!    PLEASE bear in mind that 'ANY' manufacturer cannot bring out every livery in the first run.   Charlie

Perhaps a moderator could lock this thread now? Charlie has mentioned a couple of times that there are dedicated threads for the 142 and the 156 for us to chat and ask questions. It would save repeating himself twice if this was closed because people are still asking 156 questions here.

Just a thought

• 3 weeks later...