7mm Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Project; Currently Paused

Indomitable026

Right then. 

I had half an hour to spend tonight, so I've done a bit more thinking. What's been on my mind is how to take the curved track off the left hand side of the layout.  

So I've put the point plan down on the adjacent board and then used Marks "back scene curve" to form the revised curve into the fiddle yard.

post-8734-0-90853900-1475085419_thumb.jpg

With a bit of tweaking it looks like it will work. Obviously I'll have to blend the curves. 

So the next boards to be built will be the adjacent scenic board and the adjacent fiddle yard board.

• Like 6

I wasn't able to attend Wigan show with Black Country Blues so the next best thing is to try and get a couple of hours in on this project to compensate.  

I'm looking to start Board 2, the second of the rear scenic boards on the left hand side of the layout. it contains the curved point in to the main running loop.

First job is deal with the adjoining ends with their dowels and bolt holes. I predrill both ends clamped together with pilot holes. Then with the ends apart drill out the blind holes for the dowels.

This is Board 1 so treated;

post-8734-0-40695800-1475322036_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Dohhh!

This is a fairly poor start for Board 2

I drilled the middle hole from the wrong side. Thinking I could flip it over and drill from the correct side resulted in this.

attachicon.gifIMG_2324.jpg

Baahhh

Ooops!

Bit of filler, some big nails and a yommah will sort that out.

Do you oil the dowels? I found they rusted and got hard to separate so I cleaned and oiled them but then have switched to the brass bullet ones since.

Yikes.

Its the first time I've used these from C&L.

Previously used cast and brass ones - this has not occurred to me..