Appleton Yard - Painting modelu drivers...

rob D2

• 2 weeks later...

post-450-0-11065700-1463738468_thumb.jpeg

Filthy ducks !

post-450-0-68300100-1463738505_thumb.jpeg

Goose/ swan standoff . Shame they don't make these with DCC sound.

post-450-0-49963200-1463738561_thumb.jpeg

Ducks staying well out of this one !

And finally, a train for those who like them. Appleton MOD - Eastleigh east yard ( for marchwood )

post-450-0-85243700-1463738643_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

Started messing with this RFD 47.

I'm changing it to 47033 - logistics corps as this seemed appropriate to the task.

As I was told by James makin, the roof is a 47/3 not a 47/0, so I'll put that work into the ' when I get round to it ' category ( basically if I come back for a second life !)

The numbers were incredibly easy to get off with T cut, the easiest Bachmann yet, the nameplates took a bit more rubbing but still fairly easy.

Better get an order in to Fox for the nameplates !

post-450-0-73366500-1463825925_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Looking good Rob! 47033 is a great choice, on my to-do list for 'sometime in future' haha, great nameplates with detailed crests, not cheap from Fox though but will be worth it when all plated up!!

Can't wait to see what's next!

Filthy ducks !

Looks great Rob.

We had a duck when we lived in Suffolk. We called it Watt. Thankfully my daughter, then aged 8, never got the joke.

Always look forward to seeing your diesel mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much happening , but I decided to maximise the fiddle yard capacity by installing two further sidings with kickbacks for loco storage.

post-450-0-17505700-1465993685_thumb.jpeg

Utilising my high tech bus bar system. Look away if nervous about dodgy electrics !

post-450-0-47534100-1465993726_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

Thanks stu,

It's actually quite fun to operate that end now - maybe I'll make it a scenic fiddle yard ? Looks a bit like 1/100 of bescot...

I'd have to rewire it to mainline standards though as I'm relying on fishplates in the fiddle at present.

I've also been authorised an extension at right angles that end, gives about another 5 '

• Like 4

Thanks stu,

It's actually quite fun to operate that end now - maybe I'll make it a scenic fiddle yard ? Looks a bit like 1/100 of bescot...

I'd have to rewire it to mainline standards though as I'm relying on fishplates in the fiddle at present.

I've also been authorised an extension at right angles that end, gives about another 5 '

No mate. That tracks far to good for Bescot!! :biggrin_mini2:

Better get that extension done quick before she changes her mind. Look forward to seeing it started SOON :biggrin_mini2:

Seriously though, layouts looking great.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Fiddle yard could look like this.

Could make a mini bescot - seeing as Bachmann does the crew mess room.

If I extend round the corner I'm not sure what I gain as to avoid losing sidings it has to branch off one of bottom two,thus 5 foot isn't much after the curve, anyway heres the idea

post-450-0-25311800-1466106124_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice layout rob.

I was wondering which "T Cut" product you have used when removing the numbers and printed plates on 47033.

Also looks very nice.

Adam.

Bog standard T cut , the red stuff in a bottle.

I always mask a small square around the numbers or logo - because it leaves a shiny finish which is perfect for decals to adhere to, but you know you'll have to Matt varnish it later, so keep it neat.

When you've got them off , wash the area in water as old T cut dries with a white residue .

It's worked on all bachamnn diesels, except trying to remove large trainload coal logos, which were so well printed I took off the underlying paint too !

Also worked on Hornby 31 numbers. Don't try it on vi trains.

Looking forward to more "37"s Rob... :senile:

How many you got now??

Hi Neil,

Not actually that many !

37174 EWS

37242 Mainline

37043 Transrail Dutch

37116 transrail

37692 stripped - to become 37516

37142 Br blue period...

I've got many more in mind, but I'd rather someone does a ' sale ' on remaining stocks of the EWS and mainline ones