New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

• RMweb Premium

By all means correct me if I'm wrong but has 66434's delivery changed thus making me think all the 66's are due in the same container? Noticed also that the price of this model has gone up before the release, is this normal and likely to go back down?

Becoming more normal and probably no.

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

We might find out more this week. 416 and 434 are in stock in Liverpool as of this morning - which hopefully means I'm about to be charged a wedge from the other side of the Pennines in a day or two....

Keenly awaiting the LT Museum two now, and 720, although it would be nice if the former slipped into June or July for my wallet's sake....

Cheers

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The models are currently on the way from China. Subject to shipping conditions, unloading, customs, etc, they should arrive at Barwell sometime next week. Once checked, they should then be with Mortons in the first week of August to allow despatch to commence.

Simon

The models are currently on the way from China. Subject to shipping conditions, unloading, customs, etc, they should arrive at Barwell sometime next week. Once checked, they should then be with Mortons in the first week of August to allow despatch to commence.

Simon

Many thanks Simon that is good news am looking forward to getting the model

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my example both sides of the loco....

It does look bizzarre

Martin, thanks for putting a pic of yours on here. I thought mine had a flaw in the paintwork on the green rainbow, but yours is the same.

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

If you happen to be in or near Eastleigh today you will find 66720 parked up by the station. Cannot provide any photographs of the other side but some to provide some inspiration for weathering - if you dare! Do please pm me if you want any high res files.

all the best

Godfrey

post-138-0-50330300-1470574271_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-02539900-1470574288_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-91114500-1470574304_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-98342200-1470574321_thumb.jpg

My loco arrived yesterday morning... I note there is no Limited Edition cert in the box, is this correct or should I have got one? On previous Rail Express Ltd Eds I've had certificates but not purchased one since 50149...

Thanks

Mark

My loco arrived yesterday morning... I note there is no Limited Edition cert in the box, is this correct or should I have got one? On previous Rail Express Ltd Eds I've had certificates but not purchased one since 50149...

No certificates on these, just adds to the cost and there was no way to give previous purchasers the same certificate number as that info is not held by Mortons.

Simon

Exquisite model, the livery application is outstanding. Far superior to Hornby's similar technology used on printing Harry Patch FGW HST. You can barely notice the ink jet notorious stripe printing effect. Only error is the light blue shade is too dark. Really pleased and hope to see more inquisitive liveries from Rail Express soon.

Those Bachmann 150s are crying out for a Wessex or FGW local lines livery!

Would you know the time difference between tampo printing one model vs this new ink jet technique? Perhaps closer than though as would the ink jet handle all livery colour difference in one sweep, but then take a long time to cover a whole model, where as a tampo though quick with one colour, then needs to repeat dosens of times before the model is complete (plus allow drying in-between runs).

Archived