Porth Merryn, Small Cornish Fishing Port

Andrew P

Marcus,

Andy loves operating, he spends hours shunting ... so by now he has exhausted all the combinations hence he is looking for his next challenge(s)!  The thought of selling and planning something new has upped his mojo considerably in the last few weeks.

Peter

Hi Peter

I was talking with Andy on the phone the other day and he was saying he wants something with proper operating potentional (play value) this time round.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Does this mean the layout has a new home?

At this moment in time I can only say that it's looking that way, it's reserved until a viewing tomorrow.

Hi Peter

I was talking with Andy on the phone the other day and he was saying he wants something with proper operating potentional (play value) this time round.

Cheers

Marcus

YES THOMAS THE bloomin TANK :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :triniti:  

Just to show how the Fully Folding Fiddle Yard works.

Remove the End Board.

post-9335-0-80725500-1467961134_thumb.jpg

Remove the Cottages.

post-9335-0-34699900-1467961245_thumb.jpg

Showing the raised hinges.

post-9335-0-90050400-1467961324_thumb.jpg

And gently ease over.

post-9335-0-40273400-1467961382_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33755300-1467961408_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26767600-1467961441_thumb.jpg

And ready for the Car.

post-9335-0-65556000-1467961467_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Damn I thought you were going to keep folding until it ended up no bigger than an iPad.

You are not as talented as I thought you were.

Edited by Bogie

Porth Merryn has now gone to its new home in the New Forest, I do hope the new owner enjoys playing with it as much as I enjoyed building it.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Did you ever get to show it Andy? Anyway that's good news for you on with the next then.

Don

Thanks Don, No, it was originally intended for our Clubs Open weekend next December, and then a couple of Shows booked for next year, so I'll have to come up with a replacement ready for next years Shows, I do have an idea in mind and a 6ft x 1ft plank again. I still have West Shed for our Club event and will run that as Midland / BR Steam with Sound.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Digital

A little clip of Porth Merryn in action (on the sunny south coast).

Great to see the layout up and running.

I hope your Dad gets a lot of pleasure from operating it.

John

Edited by Digital

AndrewP: very nice end to another layout essay which I really enjoyed following. I like the small quayside concept that you explored ( as are one or two others on the forum.

Look forward to what you contour up next. I am still basking in the experience of 5-6 hours operating Buckingham several weeks ago.

It makes one think seriously on how to design a layout with real operational/ timetable scope to max future fun.

Regards Andy R

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Brian and Andy. Yes Porth Merryn is in next Month and Pencarne in the June edition as well. Ive had about 20 plus articles now including 4 on weathering and 2 on back scenes in all the regular mags over the last 9 years. Kingsmill was the first in Model Rail in 2008.

The stock on the clubs layout is all mine.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well done on getting both layouts in the magazine and in the same year!  Will you be signing copies?

Now (at the risk of upsetting the OT Police) all you have to do is get an article in House & Garden magazine about your "window treatments".