Modelu Figures & Component News

alanbuttler

Hnnng. I was looking to get era 3 crew, but the seated EMU driver isn't wearing a cap.

TBH, the seated bus driver is closer to what I was looking for, but the pose is wrong....unless he's driving with a mug of tea in his hand. :/

Lamp posts don't get a mention on the sightseeing tour, maybe they havn't evolved enough round here.

I grant thee powers to change all that.

Buy an open topper for the circuit which shall include at least 3 laps of this roundabout whilst pointing out the centrally placed vintage Revo.

post-508-0-98935000-1520952553.jpg

Yappanese tourists will yapp endlessly about seeing such wonders and leave the driver very large tips.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I grant thee powers to change all that.

Buy an open topper for the circuit which shall include at least 3 laps of this roundabout whilst pointing out the centrally placed vintage Revo.

attachicon.gifRevoRoundabout.JPG

Yappanese tourists will yapp endlessly about seeing such wonders and leave the driver very large tips.

P

At least Alan wouldn't have to use ladders to scan the lamp tops from a open top bus! Although I do miss mine what became a tree lopper at one point but got rid off for the simple reason, the typical British weather!

• Like 1

the typical British weather!

We've all gone soft. Now maybe if you'd had one of these.

post-508-0-31189400-1520989607.jpg

Although maybe not. Three wimmin sat next to you telling you how you should be driving!

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We've all gone soft. Now maybe if you'd had one of these.

attachicon.gifChara.jpg

Although maybe not. Three wimmin sat next to you telling you how you should be driving!

P

Padded seats.

Pneumatic tyres.

Luxury!

England+bus+1913.jpg

Mike.

Edited by Enterprisingwestern
  • Like 4

They bred them ard in the Forge Valley. Me Granny lived there! Note the driver has a male assistant for when the inevitable fight broke out.  "You should have turned left, no right???, The washer bottles empty, did you check the tyres?*%~@#?"

Heaven only knows what went on when they got a fly in the eye?

Edited by Porcy Mane

Hi Alan,

Are you likely to have the Edwardian figures available at Ally Pally?

Cheers

Justin

Hi Justin,

I'll have some in 4mm and hopefully the display models finished!  There will be about 14 new ones at the show, the rest I'll sort ready for Railex.  Not had a great deal of time unfortunately to get new products out, but I'm working on a solution to that!

Cheers

Alan

• Like 3

Hnnng. I was looking to get era 3 crew, but the seated EMU driver isn't wearing a cap.

TBH, the seated bus driver is closer to what I was looking for, but the pose is wrong....unless he's driving with a mug of tea in his hand. :/

Send me a pic of the kind of thing you are after and I can add the hat to an existing figure - its something I've been meaning to do for a while!

• Like 2

Washer bottle?

What's that?

Sorry Alan about all this, at least you know who to turn to locally to scan for bus driver and conductor figures?

That would be great :) I get asked from time to time about other bus/conductor figures and would be good to catch up anyways, you are welcome to pop into the workshop for a cuppa next time you are in town

• Like 1

Most 3D prints have a poor to indifferent surface finish but modelu figures have a nice smooth semi-gloss finish. Why is that?

It isbecause of the material used, the ModelU fighures are produced from a liquid resin, whilst others are produced from a powder which is fused together.

It isbecause of the material used, the ModelU fighures are produced from a liquid resin, whilst others are produced from a powder which is fused together.

Thank you for that although it does raise the question of why other 3D designers don't use the same material. It certainly resolves the surface finish issue that plagues 3D printing.

Thank you for that although it does raise the question of why other 3D designers don't use the same material. It certainly resolves the surface finish issue that plagues 3D printing.

David

I think the reason is cost,

Over the weekend I was next to a stand selling cast whitemetal figures, at 7 mm + the facial details hold fast, 4 mm apparently not as crisp as traditionally methods.

Next is cost, for figures the chap said 3D print the master and cast in whitemetal, both quicker and cheaper if you are talking about selling multiple items. However I must admit with Modelu 7 mm figures I would rather pay the higher cost as with people its a bit like cloning the real thing in miniature. Happy to pay the price for a premium product, which is light years away from the majority of 3D prints I have seen

The question is for £100+ for a high quality loco body and chassis, which I would change some of the parts plus buy wheels motor and gears, is this a good investment ?