Modelu Figures & Component News

alanbuttler

I'd love to see a preview of the Edwardian figures!

J

Here you go Justin - these are not the final designs, some need some modifications and may be different to these images, head wear on the guards and station masters in particular.

post-17930-0-30749100-1516898944_thumb.jpg

post-17930-0-24363400-1516899531_thumb.jpg

post-17930-0-71439800-1516899537_thumb.jpg

post-17930-0-23752700-1516899543_thumb.jpg

post-17930-0-84368300-1516899549_thumb.jpg

post-17930-0-63577200-1516899564_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Wonderful, thanks Alan. I particularly like the driver and stationmaster with pocket watches!

I see what you mean about the station master and guards' hats - they look a little bit SNCF to me! I guess the British pre-grouping companies probably had such a wide range of uniform hats that it would be difficult to come up with one design that looks right in everyone's eyes.  

I'll definitely buy some in 2mm when they're ready. Edwardian passengers would also be very welcome indeed!

Justin

• Like 1

I see what you mean about the station master and guards' hats - they look a little bit SNCF to me! I guess the British pre-grouping companies probably had such a wide range of uniform hats that it would be difficult to come up with one design that looks right in everyone's eyes.  

I hopefully have a solution lined up for the headwear with the GWS at Didcot :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

We're lucky enough to have Alan and David from Modelu in our store today, tomorrow and Satuday (1st to 3rd February) between 9am and 5pm.

Scans are being offered at a special price of £20 each with figures available at a variety of prices, depending on the scale chosen.

We've already had plenty of fun a few of our team scanned and will be working through the rest over the next few days.

If you want to come down to our store to be scanned then you can come any time between 9 and 5.

post-28458-0-67705800-1517486323_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-36033400-1517486327_thumb.png

To find out more about the event take a look at THIS page on our website.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 6

Hi all,

We're lucky enough to have Alan and David from Modelu in our store today, tomorrow and Satuday (1st to 3rd February) between 9am and 5pm.

Scans are being offered at a special price of £20 each with figures available at a variety of prices, depending on the scale chosen.

We've already had plenty of fun a few of our team scanned and will be working through the rest over the next few days.

If you want to come down to our store to be scanned then you can come any time between 9 and 5.

attachicon.gifModelU1.jpg

attachicon.gifModelU2.png

To find out more about the event take a look at THIS page on our website.

Cheers,

Dave

I got the impression that scanning people in hi viz overalls was difficult due to the reflective stripes?

If the Modelu guys are going to be at Doncaster I would like to get scanned along with some of my friends although not too sure if I still have my hi viz overalls.

My point rodding stools and bases have arrived and I have installed the bases on the layout. These were the lowest base but I have cut them down to reduce the height. I cut them in half and then filed them down.

Ill paint them, ballast around them, then later will glue on the stools once all other work is done so they are not damaged.

post-27-0-24854100-1517679642_thumb.jpeg

post-27-0-29352000-1517679659_thumb.jpeg

• Like 7

I got the impression that scanning people in hi viz overalls was difficult due to the reflective stripes?

If the Modelu guys are going to be at Doncaster I would like to get scanned along with some of my friends although not too sure if I still have my hi viz overalls.

Reflective strips are ok thankfully, but mirrored surfaces such as chrome are not.  I won't be at Doncaster unfortunately, my next show is at Ally Pally in March.   The nearest shows I have vaguely near Doncaster are Liverpool in April and the Great Central at Quorn & Woodhouse in June.  For a full list see - https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/diary/

Cheers

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased some large and small oil can as well as slide jacks. I am amazed at the fidelity and detail on such small scale objects, that DLP printing and ModelU produces, no evidence of stepping or errors,  well done Alan 

Thanks for the feedback Chris, glad you like them!