Seen at Warley

Andy Y

There was a guy there today by the name of Matthias Zeller who was selling just track cleaning wagons and rolling roads.

I'd never seen or heard of him or his products before.  He's from Germany so maybe this is his first UK show?

Anyway, I bought a track cleaner wagon for £35.

KPF-Zeller

http://kpf-shop.de/epages/b68d1746-f301-475a-8faf-db6254448190.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/b68d1746-f301-475a-8faf-db6254448190/Products/SRW-A

After seeing Phils "snaps", I'm glad I pre-ordered the H&P Peckett, its a desperately pretty little loco.  I only wish I'd ordered a Dodo too at the time, rather than puttting my name down for a Dean Goods (though that eventually got cancelled...)

That red shunter by Heljan looks like its for Instruments Rating training, with those blank cab windows!  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

I saw Andy Y and Ben Jones deep in conversation with someone from Hornby at their stand late yesterday. I was going to say 'Hi' but realised I might end up as a cameo in a free DVD on next month's BRM!

Ticked them off in my 2016 Spotters Guide however :)

• RMweb Premium

To be fair, Andy, you did well to remember to go to the loo in between. I am getting to the age where it is prudent to pop in one whenever you see one. Never pass a loo.........

Thanks for your efforts.

Rob.

Rule One amongst my associate Old Gits.

Regards,

John

I can't help noticing there is very little new at Warley in N Gauge.

I sometimes wonder if O gauge is the new N gauge.

I have been waiting for years for a GWR Churchward Mogul in N. It was announced by Ixion and then Dj models, but it doesn't look like the DJ models version is going to appear for a long time, until after the other announced N gauge models such as the Class 17.  But then Heljan announce one in O gauge.

Likewise the GWR large prairie was a staple of the original Farish range, but has never been updated. And now Heljan are showing the EPs of their O gauge version.

I sometimes wonder if O gauge is the new N gauge.

Totally agree. I have never seen so many threads on RMweb along the lines of "starting out in O gauge" etc.

Helped, obviously, by some outstanding and affordable (at least more affordable than I would have imagined) recent releases. I'm just left wondering which came first... the recent O gauge releases or the recent O gauge modeller.

Maybe I'll have a dabble one day when I get over my liking for "scale length trains in the landscape".

Dulverton,

If I remember rightly the original Graham Farish lot did a 61xx 2-6-2T in 00 years ago when the prototypes were still chuffing around...I photographed a few at Southall depot. GF also made a 94xx at the time....For their time these were regarded as high quality models..

The N scale range by today's Graham Farish company have taken over the old Poole company and from what I know they intend to replace the entire original range with new toolings. Thus I suspect we will eventually see a 61xx in N scale....after the chassis will be much the same as the beautiful BR 3MT 2-6-2T.

There are still some very obvious prototypes that beg to be recreated as N scale models, an 8F 2-8-0 tops my wish list, Hughes Fowler Crab 2-6-0 followed by a V2 2-6-2 and of course the 61xx. None of these should present much of a challenge to GF as the chassis R & D has been done. The Dapol Schools, is a another recent gem and the first 4-4-0 since the original Midland thingy in the original Poole range...it would be nice to see a few more 4-4-0s. I personally would like to see a D10 GCR director 4-4-0 like 62660 Butler Henderson and some Thompson N scale coaches to go with. I suppose we just have to wait.

There are still some great goodies in the pipeline....Finally what concernes me is the amount of disposible income we have to spend on our hobby....The last few years have seen elderley savers penalised by the low interest rates and thus those who had dosh are going to be more cautious on what they spend, and that means this hobby of ours is being hit....there is also the double whammy of the price hike of production costs in China....so in reality we have never had it so good...but can it last?

Nobody seems to have mentioned the new EFE casting from Bachmann?

I believe it was an open top d/d bus in NSE livery? Not of my interest would be nice to know if this was the one.

Stewart

Ding ding.

Bachmann_NSE_bus.jpg

Dulverton,

Following my recent post I looked at your blog...very, very nice....excellent quality modelling...I can see why you are wanting that promised 63xx.....I saw several of these on Barnstaple shed and also in Taunton roundhouse but I was just too late to travel over the line. I was on that last steam train to Barnstaple and Ilfracombe, the Exeter Flyer back in 1965 and we did fly with 35022 showing what a Merchant Navy could do....the Ilfracombe and Torrington section of the trip was handled by a couple BR standard 4MTs.

If I remember rightly one of the stations on the Exe Valley Line still exists as a private residence....I saw it from the road a good few years ago now. We stopped to take a look.

Keep up the good work...it's inspirational......My pash is Wadebridge in Cornwall circa 1961 in Scalefour....not much done on it yet!

I also have a pash for N scale both British and American outline and then of course there is O gauge...how do I cure this obsession?

If I remember rightly the original Graham Farish lot did a 61xx 2-6-2T in 00 years ago when the prototypes were still chuffing around...I photographed a few at Southall depot. GF also made a 94xx at the time....For their time these were regarded as high quality models..

The N scale range by today's Graham Farish company have taken over the old Poole company and from what I know they intend to replace the entire original range with new toolings. Thus I suspect we will eventually see a 61xx in N scale....after the chassis will be much the same as the beautiful BR 3MT 2-6-2T.

Farish did an N scale Large Prairie back in the mists of time. Here's one on Kingham, a layout that I think is long gone.

post-7952-0-50375100-1480250638_thumb.jpg

When I sold the layout, I did keep a spare body that I was 'improving' and for some reason I still have it today!

post-7952-0-04927900-1480250660_thumb.jpg

Ding ding.

attachicon.gifBachmann_NSE_bus.jpg

Couple of usefully captioned Flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/tpp607r/7157173780/ and https://www.flickr.com/photos/79842765@N07/8645859332/  which seem to limit the model to 1990-1991 unless you alter the lettering on the front and this indicates it was scrapped in 1994 http://www.ltsv.com/sv2/pic_view.php?selpic=2929

And usual sycophancy is in force 

Please do come and make that accusation in the flesh sometime rather than making glib comments from a keyboard.

It was closed down because I'm not spending my Sunday babysitting someone having a tantrum.

Archived