Colas locomotive 37099 named ‘Merl Evans 1947 – 2016’

Andy Y

Colas Rail 37099 'Merl Evans' passes Warrington Bank Quay with the structure gauging train working 1Q06 Crewe C.S. - Derby RTC via Southport and Kirkby. 11/01/17

Nice to see 099 looking relatively clean too.

32102944682_035ee1c14e_b.jpg

Looks like I've got to buy one then!

Wild Boar Fell

Edited by Wild Boar Fell
  • Like 1

Looks like I've got to buy one then!

Wild Boar Fell

It visited WBQ late last year on its first test in Colas colours, not its first visit to Southport either!

I'll be buying a model of it for sure, looks great. 

• RMweb Gold

Looks like I've got the DBSO later then

Looking at the schedule it looks to be going round the triangle at earlestown so I may well have the 37 leading from Warrington, just don't know if it's turned anywhere else beforehand

Edited by big jim

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

099 with 175 has done lots of bits of Scotland the last week and a bit, currently on its way back to Derby now on 1Q83 Blackpool North - Derby RTC via the world. 

B*gger. Forgot it was coming. Managed to see a silhouette of it by my back fence.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Merl's travels this coming week

Monday: 3Q18 20:48 derby to Neville hill via Stockport, longsight, alderly edge, Manchester airport, Manchester Piccadilly, stalybridge, Huddersfield, Leeds

Tuesday: 3Q42 21:17 Neville hill-Neville hill via skipton and carnforth

Wednesday: 3Q27 22:17 Neville hill-crewe Lnwr via Selby, mirfield, Manchester Piccadilly, Preston, Wigan

Thursday: 3Q26 20:26 crewe Lnwr-crewe Lnwr via Warrington BQ, Liverpool lime st, Manchester Victoria, Liverpool lime st, Warrington central, Manchester Oxford rd, Warrington central, earlestown, crewe

Just need to check Friday out

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Can some one put it through the washer to get rid of the dirty that is accumulating please. 

Terry

It's deliberate. Bachmann has requested that it gets dirty so they can offer an authentic weathered version in next year's catalogue :-)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Told you it was a stupid question, great thread and you've got yourself another devoted follower...doesn't mean we'll go & pick out curtains or anything.

I'm a bit of a DRS fanboy but must say Colas comes a close second as far as what model loco's I buy, I am begging Hornby to do a special limited edition twin pack of the Colas 67's as they look stunning in the Colas livery or at least do one.

Btw why did Colas rename 47749 Demelza to City of Truro??? Have to get my Vitrains Demelza renamed & re-liveried to Colas Rail Freight now...