Charles Cantrill excellent service! WHO!?

Stevelewis

Charles  Cantrill  of  Aldridge,   a name  probably   not many are  familiar  with  but  they  are  also  known  as  Quality  Cork Supplies  (They  have  a small ad  in RM  and  a  website.   They   date  back  to  1822!

Part  of  their  business in  supplying  Cork  is  within  the  Model  Railway  sector,  they  supply cork in  many  forms  suitable  for  track laying  and  scenic  applications.

Their  prices  are  very  competitive  and  post orders  are  Free!  As  an  example  a  24"  x 36"  x  1/8" thick  cork  sheet (roll)   costs  £7.23 POST FREE whereas  the  same  from other   retail suppliers   costs  £8-£9  plus  post in some  cases.

They also offer discounts  for  multiple  purchases on some  lines!

Service  is  brilliant  I  ordered  a  roll  of  7/8" wide   x  96' long  x  1/8" thick  cork  late  on Thursday ( too late  for  that  day's post)  but  it arrived here  today Saturday  before  9-00 am,

If  you are  looking  for  cork  its  worth  giving  them  a  go!!

Edited by Stevelewis
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Staggering service once again....

I ordered some cork sheet and some rolls of cork plus the chamfered edge strips from Charles Cantrill last week.  They arrived the next day by UPS free of charge.  

The box appeared smaller than I was expecting and was surprised to see the three cork rolls I had ordered were only 1/16" thick and not the 1/8" I required.

Slightly annoyed, so very glad I didn't pick up the phone without checking what I had ordered.  Once I had checked all the order details I found I'd clicked on the wrong thickness on their website, so the mistake was all mine.

Rang and left a message late Friday to find out how to return the wrong product.  Just had a call a few minutes ago and they will send out 3 rolls of the 1/8" strip today. I asked about a returns number etc to return the wrong product and was amazed to be told to just keep the 1/16".....All £40's worth.

Take a bow guys, you've made my day. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I ordered some cork sheet and some rolls of cork plus the chamfered edge strips from Charles Cantrill last week. They arrived the next day by UPS free of charge.

The box appeared smaller than I was expecting and was surprised to see the three cork rolls I had ordered were only 1/16" thick and not the 1/8" I required.

Slightly annoyed, so very glad I didn't pick up the phone without checking what I had ordered. Once I had checked all the order details I found I'd clicked on the wrong thickness on their website, so the mistake was all mine.

Rang and left a message late Friday to find out how to return the wrong product. Just had a call a few minutes ago and they will send out 3 rolls of the 1/8" strip today. I asked about a returns number etc to return the wrong product and was amazed to be told to just keep the 1/16".....All £40's worth.

So they should, his first two Rollers were down to you and ET.... Edited by PhilH

I ordered some cork sheet and some rolls of cork plus the chamfered edge strips from Charles Cantrill last week.  They arrived the next day by UPS free of charge.  

Slightly annoyed, so very glad I didn't pick up the phone without checking what I had ordered.  Once I had checked all the order details I found I'd clicked on the wrong thickness on their website, so the mistake was all mine.

Rang and left a message late Friday to find out how to return the wrong product.  Just had a call a few minutes ago and they will send out 3 rolls of the 1/8" strip today. I asked about a returns number etc to return the wrong product and was amazed to be told to just keep the 1/16".....All £40's worth.

Wow! Now that is old fashioned proper customer service.

My late father in law ran his own nursery business, and I used to help him out when visiting; and the local ladies were obsessing over our babies.

One thing he told me was that if a customer asked for a dozen (say) tomato plants, I should make sure to give them 14; and that way he could almost guarantee they would return to buy more produce at a later date.

Edited by jonny777
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just had a web order from Charles Cantrill

Ordered Wednesday morning, arrived this morning via DPD

Excellent service.

This is the first time I have ordered on the web from them, in the past when they were in Wednesbury, I went to their works and purchased direct.

Definitely recommended

Edited by melmerby