Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

159220, the link, for me, is not working. It takes me to Dapol, but with the message that, 'The page you have requested cannot be found.' I wonder if you have another link.

Thank you,

Rob.

try https://www.Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=blog/home and go from there

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Quick question...

I placed an order with dcc supplies to replace a body shell, well 2 in fact, but I dont remember having the option of whether or not to collect from a show or not. Does anyone know if it is possible to tell from the order confirmation email which option was selected? ie, is it obvious from the order confirmation if collect from show was selected or not.

Thanks in advance

*gribble*

159220, the link, for me, is not working. It takes me to Dapol, but with the message that, 'The page you have requested cannot be found.' I wonder if you have another link.

Thank you,

Rob.

Sorry I do not know how to fix, I did try earlier. Basically. 2nd Batch 68s are here. 

post-22366-0-68378200-1511479331_thumb.jpg

Quick question...

I placed an order with dcc supplies to replace a body shell, well 2 in fact, but I dont remember having the option of whether or not to collect from a show or not. Does anyone know if it is possible to tell from the order confirmation email which option was selected? ie, is it obvious from the order confirmation if collect from show was selected or not.

Thanks in advance

*gribble*

If you search your emails, look for DCC Supplies. If the confirmation states no charge, then you print and take to Warley with your body. If it says £4.50, you have chosen by post and thus we have to wait. 

Check here for a refresher of the terms: class68.dccsupplies.com 

If you search your emails, look for DCC Supplies. If the confirmation states no charge, then you print and take to Warley with your body. If it says £4.50, you have chosen by post and thus we have to wait. 

Check here for a refresher of the terms: class68.dccsupplies.com 

You must have either ordered collection at the show or contacted them before Wednesday this week to arrange.

Otherwise they may not have yours to exchange at the show.

Guest Digital

Class 68's arrived.

68003 Astute and 68008 Avenger. Straight out of the box (Need to fit decoders hence track power off and lights off).

Regards

John

• Like 14

I asked on the Dapol digest about the DCC sounds on the 68 and if there was any difference between the Dapol fitted one and the Legoman biffs sound decoder.

Joel from Dapol replied saying he couldn’t comment on the legoman one as he hasn’t heard his rendition of it yet.

But he did say that Legoman was involved with the Dapol sound project as well and this was recorded from a Class 68 in service

Not sure what to do as I have a dc class 68 on order and was going to fit sound to it .

not sure whether to go with the Dapol pre-fitted one instead.

I want the best sound.

Has anyone got both the legoman and Dapol sound 68?

They have them in stock now.

John

Why don't Hatton's stock the Dapol DCC Sound 68 but instead they're offering Olivia's sound fitted version which is nearly £22 more expensive than everybody else or Dapol's pre-fitted product, btw add another £4 for postage from Hatton's where most other outlets offer it free.

Doesn't make sense unless Hatton's are contractually tied into Olivia's Sound products thus they only sell non-DCC Sound loco's and then they fit retro-fit Olivia's sound decoders.

Does that make sense to anyone???

Edited by classy52

Bifs Class 68 sounds are superb and are easy enough to fit in the 68 as the body shell unclips. The decoder slots on on move the blanking plug is removed and the model takes a base reflex speaker which is secured by a couple of plastic sections which unscrew so the speaker can slot in and then secured with the plastic sections. The speaker wires solder onto the PCB and job done. Charlie at DCkits had some of the last batch with Bifs sounds fitted so you could try him if you don’t want to fit yourself.

All the best

Mark

Why don't Hatton's stock the Dapol DCC Sound 68 but instead they're offering Olivia's sound fitted version which is nearly £22 more expensive than everybody else or Dapol's pre-fitted product, btw add another £4 for postage from Hatton's where most other outlets offer it free.

Doesn't make sense unless Hatton's are contractually tied into Olivia's Sound products thus they only sell non-DCC Sound loco's and then they fit retro-fit Olivia's sound decoders.

Does that make sense to anyone???

Dapol's factory fitted 68s are showing as on Pre-Order....

http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/SiteResults.aspx?searchfield=4d-022%20sound%20fitted

Dapol's factory fitted 68s are showing as on Pre-Order....

http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/SiteResults.aspx?searchfield=4d-022%20sound%20fitted

Ok thanks for that, I clicked on the 'New Stock' link on their homepage and it's only showing the non-DCC fitted versions hence I thought you only had the option of having Olivia's Sound fitted as an option.

Bifs Class 68 sounds are superb and are easy enough to fit in the 68 as the body shell unclips. The decoder slots on on move the blanking plug is removed and the model takes a base reflex speaker which is secured by a couple of plastic sections which unscrew so the speaker can slot in and then secured with the plastic sections. The speaker wires solder onto the PCB and job done. Charlie at DCkits had some of the last batch with Bifs sounds fitted so you could try him if you don’t want to fit yourself.

All the best

Mark

It’s no problem fitting the decoder

I just wanted to know the difference between the Dapol and the Legomanbiffo sounds

I got what I think is slightly better sound from bif's project using a Zimo 'double dumbo' speaker set up instead of the bass reflex. It still fits into the speaker recess with no modifications necessary anywhere.

37931903774_7d2f0439fc_b.jpg

• Like 2

I got what I think is slightly better sound from bif's project using a Zimo 'double dumbo' speaker set up instead of the bass reflex. It still fits into the speaker recess with no modifications necessary anywhere.37931903774_7d2f0439fc_b.jpg

Thanks for letting me know about that. I hadn't thought about using a zimo speaker on the 68.

The zimo speakers give great sound