Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Hi Andy

You had me worried there matey.

Everyone, if you have tightness and/or pain in your chest call an ambulance and off to A&E. You will not be wasting anyone's time.

As an Ambulance Service employee of 21 years, I have to agree with Clive's comments - no-one will consider you a time waster and, (god forbid) if it is a heart-related problem, the ambulance services can pick it up early and start treatment on the spot these days, thereby reducing the long-term damage that can be done.

All the best, Andy, hope the chest clears up soon ! 

Andy

Great that it's nothing too serious but I have to agree with Clive and Andi. If there is another episode of it don't wait for the GP and get an ambulance organised pronto.

Look after yourself

• RMweb Gold

Well today hasn't gone exactly to plan. 

For the last few days I've had a tightening of the Chest whenever I do things like bending down, getting dressed etc. Peter BB and a couple of others said to me at Club last night that I didn't look to well.

This morning it got a lot lot worse, and I was having trouble drawing even half a Lung of air, let alone a full lung of air, it was as if I was wearing a strait jacket but with no pain, just a tightness and difficulty breathing.

So I rang the Doctors for an appointment. Hahhahahhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhoooooooohahhahhah  :no:   :no:   :no:   :no:

Nothing today Mr Peters, we might be able to fit you in next week, unless you feel it's urgent.

I have a tightness of the Chest, no real pain, just a tightness and difficulty breathing.

Leave it with me Mr Peters, I might be able to get a Doctor or Duty Nurse to ring you.

About an Hour later, I had a call from the Duty Doctor.

What appears to be the problem Mr Peters?

I have a tightness in my chest and difficulty breathing, it's not constant but keeps coming an going every half hour or so.

How quick can you get here Mr Peters?

About 5 minutes.

Come down strait away, I'll have a Nurse ready to do an ECG.

So I did, the Nurse did the ECG, and then she said; wait outside and the Doctor will see you soon.

Just a few minutes wait, and the Doctor called me in.

ECG was fine, luckily, and it's just a chest infection, so now sitting down with Brian Blessed's Autobiography, and resting.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  :sungum: 

Glad to hear its nothing major Andy, you had me worried reading that!  Take it easy and get over it steadily.  As somebody who has previously suffered with very severe Asthma I can understand the concern over tightness in the chest and lack of air intake.

Have you thought about booking yourself into Etches Park for a Super E exam? :) Not too painful, I'm told, you just have to watch where they put the jacks!

Get well soon, TOPS will be missing you - along with us!

Rich

• Like 1

Hi Andy
Good to hear everything is ok... apart from the chest infection.
If clean air is the answer, then maybe it's time to start putting up the 25kv catenary...?
Class 87s through Kings Moreton..??  :wacko:  

Alan

Clearly in need of an ingestion of smoke and soot Andy, of course it could also be something to do with blue paint ;). But whatever started it I hope you're soon over it and back to, er, green diesels :jester:

I think it's all that smoke and soot that's caused the problem Mike, hahah. :no:

Hi Andy

If clean air is the answer, then maybe it's time to start putting up the 25kv catenary...?

Alan

Re locate the Layout to just East of Didcot and run the New 800's when they come out, NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

The New Diesel Shed arrived this morning and so I just PLONKED it in place for some photos.

I need to remove the Loading Dock, and then build a walled plinth for the Fuel Tanks and spray them.

I also need to remove the Ballast from the Shed Road and lay a concrete base and maybe even insert a Pit inside the Shed as well.

post-9335-0-74296600-1515081232_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39565100-1515081283_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-98623200-1515081342_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Not sure what colour to do the Tanks yet.

Buxton.

post-9335-0-55589200-1515081558_thumb.jpg

Exeter St Davids,

post-9335-0-64419700-1515081597_thumb.jpg

Or Peak Forest.

post-9335-0-35194700-1515081846_thumb.jpg

My Money is on Buxton, as I believe that was de-commissioned in the 90's, pre EWS.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Well today hasn't gone exactly to plan.

For the last few days I've had a tightening of the Chest whenever I do things like bending down, getting dressed etc. Peter BB and a couple of others said to me at Club last night that I didn't look to well.

This morning it got a lot lot worse, and I was having trouble drawing even half a Lung of air, let alone a full lung of air, it was as if I was wearing a strait jacket but with no pain, just a tightness and difficulty breathing.

So I rang the Doctors for an appointment. Hahhahahhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhoooooooohahhahhah :no: :no: :no: :no:

Nothing today Mr Peters, we might be able to fit you in next week, unless you feel it's urgent.

I have a tightness of the Chest, no real pain, just a tightness and difficulty breathing.

Leave it with me Mr Peters, I might be able to get a Doctor or Duty Nurse to ring you.

About an Hour later, I had a call from the Duty Doctor.

What appears to be the problem Mr Peters?

I have a tightness in my chest and difficulty breathing, it's not constant but keeps coming an going every half hour or so.

How quick can you get here Mr Peters?

About 5 minutes.

Come down strait away, I'll have a Nurse ready to do an ECG.

So I did, the Nurse did the ECG, and then she said; wait outside and the Doctor will see you soon.

Just a few minutes wait, and the Doctor called me in.

ECG was fine, luckily, and it's just a chest infection, so now sitting down with Brian Blessed's Autobiography, and resting.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. :sungum:

Wow! Glad your ok :)

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Alan

That sounds a wonderful idea, I have a few drawings if that would help.

post-16423-0-41230200-1515082054.png

And for going through the station.

post-16423-0-68351500-1515082146_thumb.png

• Like 4

Only trying to help :cry: :cry:

Hhahhhaaaa eeeeeeeeeeeeee :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :blum:

Liking the BR blueness......

In the further with more space that would be my chosen era for a round roundy

Yes it's my chosen favourite.

• Like 1