Little Muddle

KNP

16 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I love a good put down, especially when delivered by a woman who you wouldn't expect it from. 

About 20 years ago I attended a garden party with a friend at her boss's house. 

The usual small talk got around to her accent and surname and the boss's rather holier than thou university lecturer wife asked my friend where was she from? My friend replied that although she was from rural north Essex her grandparents were German. 

Boss's wife was rather sloshed at this point and asked: "So was grandpa an immigrant or a prisoner of war?"

My friend looked her square in the eyes, smiled and replied: "2nd SS Panzer Division..."

Cue awkward silence!

Best put down I ever heard was on a post grad college trip to Dublin.  We (lecturers and students) were sitting in a city centre bar one evening.  One of the lecturers turned to me and said (very loudly) had I noticed how women were getting more sexually aggressive now a days.   One of the female students (who happened to be Scottish) - replied to the lecturer - "Put it this way  - when you get sexual I get aggressive"          

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 8

Good to see that the working gang are nearly prepared to tackle the damaged shed door. 

There remains the question ... who pays for the repair and has the correct authorisation been obtained??

Would the Station Master have a budget to allow him to get the job done?  Or is there an Area Manager involved ?

Would Swindon be the ultimate source of the funds and new door?  Who's head will roll when the enquiry into the damage is reported upon?

Would the RAIB be involved to check that there were no dangerous practices involved.  ?? 

The shareholders are already muttering about the unnecessary expense.......

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

38 minutes ago, DonB said:

Good to see that the working gang are nearly prepared to tackle the damaged shed door. 

There remains the question ... who pays for the repair and has the correct authorisation been obtained??

Would the Station Master have a budget to allow him to get the job done?  Or is there an Area Manager involved ?

Would Swindon be the ultimate source of the funds and new door?  Who's head will roll when the enquiry into the damage is reported upon?

Would the RAIB be involved to check that there were no dangerous practices involved.  ?? 

The shareholders are already muttering about the unnecessary expense.......

It was my Grandson driving a derailed train into it.....

Not sure where that fits into the scheme of things......more than likely it would be me as I’ve had to fork out for the repair gang plus there is something else on its way!!!!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 7

51 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

A teaser!  Could the two Modelu bags containing ‘men in conversation’ be the forthcoming negotiators ?

I can neither confirm nor deny but I have had confirmation it has been posted......!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

Thanks for the here and now (Model) scenario, but my post was really as much to do with my ignorance of the historic reaction within the GWR (and the RAIB ? ) to such a happenstance as the damage inflicted on the company's infrastructure.  There must be a "Little Muddler" who knows the GWR rule book and what the reaction at Swindon would have been to the requirement of replacing a Loco shed door outside its scheduled maintenance period.       

Sorry not to have made that clear. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, DonB said:

No. It didn't come into being until 2005. It could be investigating the modelmaker, though . . . . . . . . . . .

• Informative/Useful 3

3 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

No. It didn't come into being until 2005. It could be investigating the modelmaker, though . . . . . . . . . . .

My ignorance showing again! Who did accident investigations prior to 2005?

Seems likely that any investigation at Little Muddle could lead to severe restriction of pocket money and withdrawal of driving permits.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, DonB said:

My ignorance showing again! Who did accident investigations prior to 2005?

Seems likely that any investigation at Little Muddle could lead to severe restriction of pocket money and withdrawal of driving permits.

The HMRI. His/Her Majesties Railway Inspectorate.

• Informative/Useful 4

1 hour ago, Ponthir28 said:

Is the man in lorry reading the newspaper going to move soon. To load or unload crate now the wagons have arrived.

Don't forget they are waiting for the chap with the key to open the lock up!!!!

When....don't know

You'll just have to be patient.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, KNP said:

Psst.....

Do want some fresh meat?

I have some very fresh meat in this wagon behind me?

No....!

Ladies, how about you?

Can give you a good price........

It fact it's so fresh it will walk to your home....

3080.jpg.c4c7cc55299ff2e9a02ec6ee45c8bab6.jpg

In fact this picture reminds me I was planning to do a noticeboard next the lifebuoy.

Another nice little project to add to the list!

Those black market meat sales won't be very secret, 

if they're posted on a notice board!

• Agree 3
  • Funny 5

3 hours ago, Ponthir28 said:

Black and white or colour arty or not but van has a very big chimney. Lovely photos and I like both.

I was just about to say that.:D. Fred Dibnah would have love that one.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, KNP said:

This will be detailed up with Herbert & Sherbet name once I can finalise the design for the transfers......

Clever name. I always found a few sherbets with the herberts on a Friday night was a great way to end the working week!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 10