Kernow OO gauge YCV Turbot Bogie Ballast Wagon

Paul.Uni

This weeks Kernow newsletter (19thJan) has advised that the production run of the announced Turbot models is due to arrive in the next 2 weeks and that more than 75% of the production run was already pre-ordered. The initial price for the multi packs will close soon (You do have to pre pay to get that price)

• 3 weeks later...

What's going on ?

I had an e-mail from yesterday (8/2/2017) from kernow saying the turbots had been despatched via DPD next day delivery.

Just been on Kernow's website and the news letter for today (9th) says that they arrive in the shop later today the 9th.

DPD have not turned up with anything yet as of 15:35, and I also have a consignment number for the parcel. 

Strange but true!

What's going on ?

I had an e-mail from yesterday (8/2/2017) from kernow saying the turbots had been despatched via DPD next day delivery.

Just been on Kernow's website and the news letter for today (9th) says that they arrive in the shop later today the 9th.

DPD have not turned up with anything yet as of 15:35, and I also have a consignment number for the parcel. 

Strange but true!

Oops, Should have read ( 8 / 2 / 2018 )

Nearly invented a time machine by accident.

Still nothing arrived yet, but am in encouraged by by the last post above.

Prototype photos of all of these are in http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brturbot

SB006 DUTCH YCV Turbot Bogie Ballast Wagon Bulk Pack

Contains
SB006A YCV Turbot Bogies Ballast Wagon number DB978110 in Civil Engineers Dutch livery.
SB006B YCV Turbot Bogies Ballast Wagon number DB978015 in Civil Engineers Dutch livery.
SB006C YCV Turbot Bogies Ballast Wagon number DB978115 in Civil Engineers Dutch livery.
SB006D YCV Turbot Bogies Ballast Wagon number DB978002 in Civil Engineers Dutch livery.

Prototype drawing

Bartlett, Paul W. & Mann, Trevor., (1985) Non Hoppered Steel Ballast Wagons. Part 4 The Plaice and Turbot. Model Railway Constructor vol 52 part 615 pp 418 — 422 & 444 — 445.

Paul

Mine arrived yesterday and they look fantastic. I think the underframe bar is a little lower than it should be and closer to the track, but they look good. Very pleased! Just from that fault though I think I'd hold off buying any more in case the Dapol one turns out to be any better!

Smaller wheels on nowattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Looking at this picture I was thinking the solebar is way too deep. However, it looks odd because the bottom of the doors have been painted black by mistake. Regards black, the buffers and headstocks should be black not grey. Not too difficult to put right.

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

Looking at this picture I was thinking the solebar is way too deep. However, it looks odd because the bottom of the doors have been painted black by mistake. Regards black, the buffers and headstocks should be black not grey. Not too difficult to put right.

Cheers.

The grey looks too blue also imho

Looking at this picture I was thinking the solebar is way too deep. However, it looks odd because the bottom of the doors have been painted black by mistake. Regards black, the buffers and headstocks should be black not grey. 

The grey looks too blue also imho

PAINT? you mean BR actually painted turbots? I thought the bodies were iron oxide held together with a bit of graffiti (if it was lucky)...

:jester:

Jon

• Like 1

Cheers.

No Mistake! The strip covering the solebar beneath the bottom of the door is black! As are the headstocks and buffer stocks. It looks as if the change to grey for that strip came with the production switching to Swindon.

Paul Bartlett

Smaller wheels on nowattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Why? What size of wheel does the model come with?

Paul

Info on Numbering from LTSV site, http://www.ltsv.com/w_profile_005.php, might help with should it have a black bottom to the doors or not question.

The number series allocated for these wagons was from DB978000 and very nearly 1000 were eventually converted, using the majority of the source wagon fleet.

Wagons up to DB978746 were converted at Shildon.

When this closed in 1984, the work was transferred to Swindon, who built up to DB978921 over the next two years.

There was then a gap until the programme was recommenced at Doncaster works (later RFS). Their first wagon was DB978922 in February 1988, and the last (DB978991) in June.

HTH

MC