The National Festival of Railway Modelling - 8&9 December 2018

BRMExhibitions

Good evening everyone.

This is just a quick post to let you all know that our sales team over at the Class 37 Locomotive Group has caught the exhibition bug and is going for a last hurrah in the 2018 season by following up Warley with an attendance at 'The National Festival of Railway Modelling' in Peterborough this December.

post-33105-0-17768100-1542841906.png

This will almost certainly be the team's last outing now after what has been a busy year providing vital support for the return of D6703, so if you are visiting, do say hello and see what they have to offer!

Kind regards

James

C37LG

www.c37lg.co.uk

• Like 1

I've never been before but might give it a shot this year.  It fills a Wigan sized gap.  Andy Y mentions honestly the good points and car parking is amongst them (though some snowflakes on tripadvisor seem to want it floodlit).  However, not stated anywhere is whether the parking is free.  It may be taken for granted but, you know how it is, we've just passed Warley weekend and its infamous parking so I thought I would ask.

It may be taken for granted but, you know how it is, we've just passed Warley weekend and its infamous parking so I thought I would ask.

Thanks; I should have covered that. Yes, all the parking is free on site.

It's evident that, of late, there are more families and youngsters coming to the shows influenced by Ch5's TV series so here's something a little extra for RMweb readers who would like to bring along the children/grandchildren as there will be plenty of Christmas related activities around.

Kids Free Pboro.jpg

Print the voucher off, fill it in and bring it with you!

• Like 1

It's evident that, of late, there are more families and youngsters coming to the shows influenced by Ch5's TV series so here's something a little extra for RMweb readers who would like to bring along the children/grandchildren as there will be plenty of Christmas related activities around.

Kids Free Pboro.jpg

Print the voucher off, fill it in and bring it with you!

An excellent iniative. No doubt some will carp. But bringing in new participants is the only way to sustain our hobby into the future. Change will ensue c'est la vie.

Edited by RichardS

Looking forward to visiting this year always a good experience and the car parking is big improvement over the disaster at the NEC ,any chance of some of the comic convention people to liven up the foyer!!!

Phil says he'll don his Gal Gadot outfit if there's more than 200 people in the advance ticket queue on the Saturday morning.

• RMweb Premium

Phil says he'll don his Gal Gadot outfit if there's more than 200 people in the advance ticket queue on the Saturday morning.

Don't put people off coming like that!

I have looked at the show line up in previous years and not thought it interesting enough to make the drive in winter. This year, there is a very good list of layouts including some crackers that I haven't seen many times or at all.

So unless the weather is dreadful or some domestic disaster prevents it, I will be making the trip.

Fair play to the organisers, that looks like a very good show.

• Like 2

Can I blow a very small trumpet of my own...

Dock Green will be there!

Anybody unfamiliar with this 7mm layout can see photos of it on RMweb, just follow the link...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/58132-dock-green/page-198

This page has photos taken at the recent show in Brighton.

Chaz

Edited by chaz
  • Like 1

An excellent iniative. No doubt some will carp. But bringing in new participants is the only way to sustain our hobby into the future. Change will ensue c'est la vie.

Continuing the children's theme  I hope layout operators follow Sam Porters request to include a Christmas related feature for the youngsters quiz.

Dave installed our's this week, despite much pleading from the rest of the crew he opted not to include a miniature Roger S in his Santa suit. Dave's

excuse blamed an insufficient stock of plastic granules at Modelu.

• Administrators

Continuing the children's theme  I hope layout operators follow Sam Porters request to include a Christmas related feature for the youngsters quiz.

Dave installed our's this week, despite much pleading from the rest of the crew he opted not to include a miniature Roger S in his Santa suit. Dave's

excuse blamed an insufficient stock of plastic granules at Modelu.

Those who follow BRM on Facebook, will have seen I am preparing for a festive display: https://www.facebook.com/Britishrailwaymodellingmagazine/videos/1347730798696551/

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Trying to buy a ticket but no subscriber discount applied despite use of promo code and subscriber number  - I am also getting a bit bored with the £2.65 "insurance" added at every opportunity as you progress to check out - in a rather confusing fashion - getting fed up with the whole idea.....

Edited by Gilbert

Got my ticket for the show, can anybody tell me if I have to print it out or I can show it as an e ticket, pretty sure I've just shown the e ticket at the Ally Pally event?

Steve.

I'm not familiar with the form that you get the ticket in from the ticket factory but it may be sensible to print a copy out if it's easy enough to do and you have access to a printer. If not, don't panic, I am sure we'll get you sorted.

I'm not familiar with the form that you get the ticket in from the ticket factory but it may be sensible to print a copy out if it's easy enough to do and you have access to a printer. If not, don't panic, I am sure we'll get you sorted.

Ok, ta Andy. I'll do my best to print it out.

Steve

Got my ticket for the show, can anybody tell me if I have to print it out or I can show it as an e ticket, pretty sure I've just shown the e ticket at the Ally Pally event?

Steve.

Thanks for bringing this up, it has saved me £9.

I bought a ticket online and then filed it, luckily your question prompted me that I may also have purchased a ticket myself and I had inadvertently filed it, now to print it off too.