Great stuff Chris, looks ok in the close ups to me. Looking forward to seeing the finished result,  I love the way you've designed it, definately 21st century modelling there! 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Check to see that I’d got my measurements correct for reusing the handrails from the original

D40E2A90-AD1B-4B8D-B5F7-CE3EF9EE6D99.jpeg.a6aa9a5c3b3cc80a37be1d5c77eb2ef0.jpeg

The holes need clearing of paint but it’s about right

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

It's very nice Chris.

In fact very nice doesn't do it justice.

Regards Lez.

Thanks Lez 

I does look better at ‘normal’ viewing distance and its coming together slowly

I’ve had to modify the step to fit and I’ve just finished filling in the gap on the footboard

2FDD38BA-6F83-43D8-A85F-07720AAB6577.jpeg.9e5f1b12f48ee7d144c79643cbaa0a8c.jpeg

Hopefully have it in colour soon

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Looks like you've got the scaling calibration of your printer absolutely bob-on.  Nice.

The planking looks as if it's grained wood, presumably a corollary of the print direction. (As you can see the same on the angleirons where you don't want it!)

Edited by FoxUnpopuli
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Superb Chris! Looks like you've got a bit of texture to the planks, did you add that or was that the printing? 

5 minutes ago, FoxUnpopuli said:

The planking looks as if it's grained wood, presumably a corollary of the print direction. 

I’d love to say it was intentional but it’s just down to the orientation of the print

3 minutes ago, FoxUnpopuli said:

Looks like you've got the scaling calibration of your printer absolutely bob-on.  Nice.

I can’t take credit for the print itself as unfortunately I don’t own my own 3D printer. This was printed by CWRailways from one of my drawings

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I’d love to say it was intentional but it’s just down to the orientation of the print

I can’t take credit for the print itself as unfortunately I don’t own my own 3D printer. This was printed by CWRailways from one of my drawings

You still did the difficult bit Chris, well done that man.:good:

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

You still did the difficult bit Chris

Do you mean the drawing or having to part with the cash to have it printed? :lol:

20 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

well done that man.:good:

Thanks Andy

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gypsy said:

Stunning Chris

Thank you

I'm going to attempt to smooth it out a little more now its had a couple of coats of primer

I intend to leave it for a few days to allow the primer to fully harden and attempt to smooth out the angle irons using a fibreglass pen

Edited by chuffinghell

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I'm going to attempt to smooth it out a little more now its had a couple of coats of primer

Does it need smoothing ?  - Even in close up it looks to be perfectly grained and moderately rusty (as appropriate).

Once you have a coat or two of colour and some weathering it will be fine.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve finished up the drawing for the Loriot L

C2C1BFA0-99D8-477F-970C-AD3DFC34326A.png.fa5559c7291409d0ffcf961520ac480b.png

The axle boxes are separate because the Acrylic material used for the 3D printing can be quite brittle and I’m unsure if there would be enough flex to insert the wheels

Not ideal although it does mean they could be painted before fitting

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

I can see a small cottage industry growing here...

Well, not for small cottages, but for small wagons.

For some reason I’ve become interested in having wagons that are not available RTR or available as kits. So much so that I’ve bought a copy of GWR GOODS WAGONS HISTORY BOOK by A.G ATKINS

Im sure others would be interested

I’m happy to have them out there for others to buy via Shapeways (once I’ve proven the build) but I think the prices would put people off

From my point of view £40 isn’t too bad for something unique(ish)

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Have you any friends or any fellow members on here got an Anycubic Photon 3D printer you could try out? The print quality is AMAZING, you won’t see any lines like on the angle irons. Might be worth investing in one yourself?
Printing thickness layers are only 25 microns (0.025mm) using a LCD screen & UV curing. They are about £350 and also now produce a separate (photocuring) wash & print machine about £125. Personally, I think very good value for money for what level of detail they can produce. I think it will better show off your modelling efforts and do the level of detail you design into each CAD a massive level of justice, can easily be used for so many scratch builds and other things you would use for you layout! 

Jamie

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 5