KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

5 hours ago, rembrow said:

Just had notification from KR that the 2nd run GT3s have arrived at the UK warehouse and processing for dispatch to UK and overseas customers is to commence shortly. UK orders will be sent by Royal Mail.

Mine arrived in southern Ontario this afternoon.

It looks great!

Steve

Canada

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Retro_man said:

Mine arrived in southern Ontario this afternoon.

It looks great!

Steve

Canada

Any chance of a photo. Would be good to see the corrected front bogie and buffer.

Has the tender spring clasp been added, and any change to the lighting function.

I have one of the 2nd run on order but not heard a thing.

Edited by zr2498

10 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Any chance of a photo. Would be good to see the corrected front bogie and buffer.

Has the tender spring clasp been added, and any change to the lighting function.

I have one of the 2nd run on order but not heard a thing.

As requested...

Only imperfection is an upward bow in the right side footplating - looks like it could easily be corrected.Running on DC - Lighting - in forward direction white lights at the front are on, red lights are off and 

red lights on the tender on. In reverse red lights at the front on, white lights are off.

I am not sure what you mean by "tender spring clasp" - it has an 8 pin plug for electrics integrated with a plastic clip thingy for a coupling which came apart fairly easily.

Steve
Canada

GT3.jpg

GT3-Bogie.jpg

GT3-Coupling.jpg

GT3-Footplate.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Retro_man said:

As requested...

Only imperfection is an upward bow in the right side footplating - looks like it could easily be corrected.Running on DC - Lighting - in forward direction white lights at the front are on, red lights are off and 

red lights on the tender on. In reverse red lights at the front on, white lights are off.

I am not sure what you mean by "tender spring clasp" - it has an 8 pin plug for electrics integrated with a plastic clip thingy for a coupling which came apart fairly easily.

Steve
Canada

GT3.jpg

GT3-Bogie.jpg

GT3-Coupling.jpg

GT3-Footplate.jpg

Thanks for posting the photos.

Tender spring clasp - just about see it? On the front bogie it is clear to see by comparison (RHS of picture below)

image.png.7e09f301f88b99b364c75ba4aaf619df.png

I for one would be grateful if Keith would offer an upgrade package (tender frame and lighting modification), for those that would like to get the 1st run corrected. I know that the front bogie / buffer beam is FOC but the upgrade offered at a reasonable price?

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Ditto 46256. Just looking over the model and starting test.

Yes, a great model and was a great surprise when arrived this morning :)

There does appear to be a minor problem with the paint finish on top of the tender, however the tender spring clasps are now in place :good:

The front bogie corrected as expected. The front steps are leaning forwards a little but alignment with handrail is fine.

Lighting has changed (DCC):

Marker lights on the front normally off. Go to red on reverse.

Cab lights reddish (previously debated) and auto go out on movement

The F20 disable directional lights turn front and rear lights off (same as F0!). It might be possible to change this with a Lokprogrammer so that the lights stay same as fowards when running in reverse albeit not protypical. To get the tail lights off when forwards and coupled, a wiring change is likely to be needed.

Sound is fantastic

Edited by zr2498

Another arrival this morning.  Well packed and all present and correct.

Couple of photos to show the lighting function and spring hangers on the tender - hope they help.

Very pleased with GT3 - sound is fantastic, even if there have been a few 'what the hell is that noise' comments from outside the railway room. 

GT3.JPG

GT3 Fwd.JPG

GT3 Rev.JPG

GT3 Spirngs.JPG

• Like 5

I’ve just been running my model really pleased, my layout is dc . The noise I hear outside my loft is usually “are you going to spend all day up there?”  The reply if not constantly disturbed yes…under my breath of course not that brave….

Edited by 46256
  • Like 1

Just opened a time portal on my layout knelt by the side and witnessed my newly completed HST in original blue and grey  speed through en route to Derby ( my layout is Water Orton on the NE / SW mainline ) just as GT3 travels towards me en route to Brum with an eight coach maroon test train….bliss.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wainwright1 said:

Not heard anything about mine either.

Ray

Mine arrived this morning quite unannounced. Had a quick look and looks o.k.  Will give it closer scrutiny later on.

My Caledonian 0-6-0 arrived five minutes before.

One by the postman and the other in a post office van.

All the best

Ray

• Like 1

Last week I had a note from KR saying they were in stock, and they hoped to be with us before Xmas. To be delivered by RM and to be notified when despatched.....nothing on that front yet.

Not worried if it arrives after Xmas though, so long as it does come. I'm also expecting a Bacchy 47 that I ordered yesterday from the 37003 shop - that is by 6th January, so exciting times. (Good price at just under £204 with free postage).

• Like 1

So despite my earlier protestations about other courier companies and hoping RoyalMail would be as good as usual, mine was supposed to come today being handled by them...but when the van turned up they claimed *could not access property* even though when the postman with letters came about 2 hours before (why separate delivery people, surely combine if going to same address?) managed to post those no problem...so now I have to pick it up tomorrow, joy...

At least its an early Xmas present I suppose of sorts when I finally get my mitts on it.

• Friendly/supportive 1

My Blue Boi has also turned up! Took an extra 2 days cos mail faffing around but he's finally here and I am very happy ♥ Although I also ordered the regular version too so thought they would be coming together but just the one has turned up so far so I will ask about that. But otherwise I'm happy I have this one for now he looks so good :D

• Friendly/supportive 1