KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

33 minutes ago, miles73128 said:

According to this months Hornby Magazine, GT3 to be available in BR lined black, BR lined green and LMS black-let the frothing commence! 

I'm waiting for the Thomas version to come out 😏

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

On 02/07/2022 at 11:43, miles73128 said:

According to this months Hornby Magazine, GT3 to be available in BR lined black, BR lined green and LMS black-let the frothing commence! 

I've seen that aswell. Just also seen that jenny kirk has a KR models annoucement on the 6/7/22 it could be this aswell. The br green and black look nice.

Edited by gary_lner
Days mixed up

I quite like them - I’d have had their hand off with a black/silver livery (18100 sort of thing) but will think very very carefully about the LMS one too :)

bravo - nice to see oddities and peculiarities getting a look in :) 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

The LMS lined black is weird, it's just the BR lined black with LMS lettering.

LMS lined black was a bit different depending on the variation.

AFAIK It doesn't need OHLE warning flashes as they weren't introduced until BR days.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 18.25.44.png

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 18.28.44.png

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 18.31.05.png

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 18.31.31.png

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

I wonder why the one lettered 'LMS' isn't in LMS diesel loco livery?

Or with straw coloured lettering?

Baz

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 02/07/2022 at 11:43, miles73128 said:

17 hours ago, Legend said:

The worlds gone mad !  

Unprototypical liveries are not new.

Hornby Dublo and then Wrenn did 0-6-2T and 2-6-4Ts in various liveries decades ago.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Hornby Dublo and then Wrenn did 0-6-2T and 2-6-4Ts in various liveries decades ago.

At least they looked like something that might have happened 😏

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

You're right Id forgotten about that . A west Country in Southern Malachite as well I think . Of course there was the Lord Westwood too!    Actually I've got a Wrenn  2-6-4T in LMS crimson , so as you say unprototypical liveries not new .   Still doesn't feel right though 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Quite true,  but at a time when Hornby Dublo offered a grand total of three locos, the 0-6-2T was available in a 'livery' for each of the Big Four.   The Wrenn 2-6-4T liveries did I think - to some extent although not perhaps not exclusively - replicate some odd liveries carried for a while by preserved ex LMS 2-6-4Ts so they weren't completely fictitious.   But in one case (HD) we are talking about a lifetime ago when the hobby was very different and when 3 rail track outnumbered 2 rail by a massive margin while other was also a long time back and an attempt to get some mileage out of cheaply acquired tooling.  

Maybe however the message is there and we will see 3 rail making a comeback?  After all (not a lot of people know this) - although the gauge  (16.5mm) was wrong and it was made out of printed pressed tinplate, HD's 3 rail track was otherwise a model of real British 3 rail track which had disappeared only a few years previously and over which steam hauled main line trains had regularly run.  Fact can sometimes be considerably stranger than fiction.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 07/07/2022 at 07:28, Barry O said:

Or with straw coloured lettering?

Baz

Could it be because they say it is an unprototypical livery?

They only need 250 to like it enough to order one - pink next?

Les  (who isn't ordering one....)

Edited by Les1952
typos...
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Could it be because they say it is an unprototypical livery?

They only need 250 to like it enough to order one - pink next?

Les

Guess it depends on which bit is unprototypical. e.g. the BR lined black is a real-life livery, except it's just on a loco that didn't carry it. The issue with the LMS livery (as shown) is none of it works together. The lining is BR, the lettering is the serif rather than sans serif etc.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Corbs said:

Guess it depends on which bit is unprototypical. e.g. the BR lined black is a real-life livery, except it's just on a loco that didn't carry it. The issue with the LMS livery (as shown) is none of it works together. The lining is BR, the lettering is the serif rather than sans serif etc.

And it's nothing like the livery which the LMS used on its mainline diesels - which would surely have been a more logical choice for something which wasn't a steam engine.  Maybe it would have cost too much to do something that different?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Surely it would have cost the same as any of the others, it's the same amount of tampo printing per model.

EDIT: Added the pics of the livery artworks.
c00c3f52-5d7e-4096-bb5f-1a1f0254426c.jpg

f3bc36e1-a0dc-4d65-a6a7-7169879a0d29.jpg

5394c852-c8c2-4ebd-8ffc-eca7f6d50d23.jpg

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Corbs said:

Surely it would have cost the same as any of the others, it's the same amount of tampo printing per model.

EDIT: Added the pics of the livery artworks.

It wouldn't if they did it properly with separately individually applied 'LMS' letters on the side of the tender and running numbers plus there'd obviously be more printing passes for the base colours instead of just one base colour but the lining would be just a single colour.

1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

Those look much more convincing less unconvincing. More attractive too.

The problem, which is insurmountable, is that GT3s shape / design is very much 1950/60s.

Look at 10000/1 and 10800 - both of the late LMS period; there is a clear generational gap in the styling.

Still, if it appeals to some of us .......

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Those look much more convincing less unconvincing. More attractive too.

Cheers. I will admit from what I can find the "lining" on GT3 is actually moulding (real and model), so whilst I could remove it, a touch harder for KR to do.

5 hours ago, cctransuk said:

The problem, which is insurmountable, is that GT3s shape / design is very much 1950/60s.

Look at 10000/1 and 10800 - both of the late LMS period; there is a clear generational gap in the styling.

This is why I did the 2 versions in the end. It was hard to get the 'mid line' strip to look right so I lowered it down to follow the top of the battery boxes. I did go for a plain black as per Fig.1, but it ended up as Fig.2
723124833_BRBlack_GT3_LMScrop3.jpg.6cb9f565025d0180480322f67c30e3ac.jpg

JRmBY6N.thumb.jpeg.81f5be0fb7879a06e1c28f9a76252d03.jpeg

• Like 1