Bachmann Branchline 2019 catalogue announces more OO9 and HKA bogie hopper.

Andy Y

Looking forward to 47050 in Railfreight (no red stripe) and banger blue 47435 (Hopefully Headlight fitted).

Mk 1 BG Full brake in Intercity (as the original’s red stripe is much darker than the modern 2F) and Mk1 BG Full brake in Scotrail.

And the Mk 2A/Z FK and TSO in Scotrail.

150115 Original Provincial.

Would love an Original provincial 150/2 ‘Running Man’ even with the wrong gangway door but sadly can’t see this happening.

• RMweb Gold

Isn't it strange - many folk forever asking or forecasting that Bachmann will announce a year of consolidation and then folk get upset e when they do - weird.  But looking at things objectively they announced new tooling - in what is probably a good market area for them and I suspect that the vast majority of those likely to buy Bachmann r-t-r  n.g. items are completely unaware that kits exist, it's a different market.  So yet again even in a year of consolidation there is some innovation and that is reassuring.  And the range of reliveries etc looks pretty attractive.

So overall in a year when their factory is being moved a considerable distance and has to restart from scratch on a new site, even with staff transferring, and there is a much mentioned (and frequently moaned about) backlog on new model development what they've done seems sensible and realistic.  Comparing Bachmann with Hornby is probably pointless to be honest - Hornby are in a position where the new boss man has to fight the company back from the doldrums of years of losses into a position where it has no alternative but to get back into profit or it will cease to exist when it's unable to repay its US loan of £12 million in 2023.  And as it has to pay for the money whether it uses it or not it is obviously sensible to use it to try and build revenue and get back to profitability.  Bachmann has also been loss making but it is part of a profitable group and thus faces a rather different situation, including one where there is plenty of new stuff already somewhere in the development chain.

And as ever there is always a simple answer - if you like what Bachman will be offering put your money where your mouth is.  if you don't like then, as ever, purchase of any particular model railway items has still not become compulsory.  and who exactly built up the speculation - simple answer is US, and us alone; I've seen nothing from Bachmann encouraging us to go wild or drown in froth anticipating major revelations and delivery of the Holy Grail.  And of course let's not overlook that commissions have in the past been announced separately and subsequently.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In

In many ways, it would have been better to state up-front that there would be no new tooling for 2019 - that would have prevented the endless speculation and the consequent disappointment.

I can't believe that this non-announcement has done anything to enhance the company's reputation - quite the opposite, in fact.

What were PR thinking?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

For once I have to admit that I have to agree with what Mr. Isherwood says....

Keith

I shall have to wait for the clouds of confusion to clear. Surely what is in the 2019 catalogue is what Bach hope to produce? If it isn't in the catalogue, then barring some changes of plan (always possible) then ttha's what Bach intend to offer for retailers to stock in 2019.

The sound fitting is pretty well confined to diesels which is a shame.

I would suspect they are simply and sensibly 'following the money'. I have formed the impression that since DCC sound really 'took off' a few years ago that it has a much higher uptake on post steam traction than on steam.

• RMweb Gold

Caution on D1842.

Ex-47192 this was given to Crewe Heritage Centre in June 1987 and became the first preserved class 47, it broke cover at Crewe Works Open day in July 1987, and ran its first workings at the ELR diesel gala in Oct 1988.

Its relevent as its shade if green was not BR 1960’s, the dark green being much darker and the light green being paler. It was a gloss finish.

The difference was post BR it has had its steam heat tanks removed.

http://www.class47.co.uk/c47_zoom_v3.php?img=0629020572000

We dont know how Bachmann will model it.. 1960’s, 1990’s or 2000’s.

Also 47435... there is a cab of it at CHC.. but the cab is flush front without headcode box...ive not seen a picture of 47435 like that, so i dont know if the number is genuine to the cab, or if it did have a flush front cab.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

32-807 47435 BR Blue. I wonder.... If the product numbering still follows a sequence, could this be the long awaited BR blue with Sercks and Domino headcodes? 32-802 in the same number series was 47035 with the black painted panel so close in terms of tooling and livery. Will be interested to see the catalogue image and full description. Must remember to check the underframe tanks are correct as well.

31-664 47050 is another one-off - the loco had large black numbers and black lined windows rather than standard BR Railfreight grey.

A BR Green disc fitted Class 40 with SYP at last, and 47711 in Large Logo are both welcome additions.

More generally, I like that there will new be Sound versions of the same model, though hopefully the price differential will start to come down now that its mainstream modelling.

Otherwise, a sensible move by Bachmann in terms of new tooling. Hopefully, they will already have started work on lots of new stuff for announcement in future years when much closer to production.

EDIT: How many 0-6-0 PTs numbered 5775 has Bachmann produced? Will this be the third or fourth?

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

Bachmann have sent over the catalogue images for each of the products listed in the OP. I've put a selected few in there but I'll upload them by section - hover to see the image title containing the product reference number.

Steam

31-168A.jpg

31-171.jpg

31-186ASF.jpg

31-215SF.jpg

31-443.jpg

31-460A.jpg

31-716A.jpg

31-717.jpg

31-932.jpg

31-933A.jpg

31-976B.jpg

31-982.jpg

32-199.jpg

32-205A.jpg

32-216A.jpg

32-217A.jpg

32-550DSF.jpg

32-852A.jpg

32-859A.jpg

32-875A.jpg

32-954A.jpg

32-956.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

My highlights is

D213 Andania... i dont mind if its 1960’s or 2018 (headlight/orange cantrail).

37669, i just saw this three days ago, but its on the stored line at WCRC, 668 might be a better choice, or do both.

And i just bought another NRM edition lined black L&Y 1008 specifically to renumber !

92212 should bring a few tears, its entering its final months at the mid hants,its been a firm performer. At mid hants it runs with a BR1F tender, so i assume this is its BR guise.

5551 should also find a few takers !!!

Note 76084... it was unique to the class in having 3 OHLE warning flashes on the front (two on the right top most steps), this is a pretty distinguishing feature for several years, and is on the presserved one.

https://www.standard4.com/the-full-picture/

(The model above only shows 1 on the right). Additionally the lion on wheel was not placed centre of the tank on 084, it was over a rivet, so instead its lining was reduced, and the lion moved centre if the lining), another oddity of Horwich.

https://transportsofdelight.smugmug.com/RAILWAYS/PRESERVED-BRITISH-STEAM-LOCOMOTIVES/PRESERVED-STEAM-LOCOMOTIVES-ON-THE-MAINLINES/i-J5rDVqf

Edited by adb968008

Highlights for me?

The Large Logo 47/7 Greyfriars Bobby

47435 In BR Blue....please come with the high intensity lamp?

Class 150 in Prov livery with passengers

MK1 BG Scotrail - will this be a blue stripe Scotrail or Blue Grey with Scotrail branding?

MK2 FK and TSO Scotrail, again, in what livery?

Glad there is nothing else I 'need' or want this year.   My wallet is still bare from 2017-18.

Not much else to say really, but whats with the Class 66 wars?   Hattons, Hornby and now Bachmann all duplicating models/liveries....just how popular do these manufactures think the 66 really is??

A post on another thread pointed out that there were just 20 steam classes left with more than 50 survivors in 1957 which have not been produced as RTR... And some of those were minor variations or fairly restricted in their ranges. There are no significant diesel classes left to do in 4mm RTR, and precious few insignificant ones. Just 4 Modernisation Plan electric locos are left to do, and nearly all the major Modernisation Plan DMUs have been announced. All the second generation DMUs have been done; most of the mainline 3rd generation express types have been done

The well is running pretty dry now, so perhaps this (lack of) announcement was inevitable at some point

It may be that the 20 year long "new high-spec RTR" party is drawing to a close

Highlights for me?

MK1 BG Scotrail - will this be a blue stripe Scotrail or Blue Grey with Scotrail branding?

Glad there is nothing else I 'need' or want this year.   My wallet is still bare from 2017-18.

Not much else to say really, but whats with the Class 66 wars?   Hattons, Hornby and now Bachmann all duplicating models/liveries....just how popular do these manufactures think the 66 really is??

Been mentioned earlier in the topic that apparently 47435 does not have headlight 

• Like 1

Highlights for me?

Glad there is nothing else I 'need' or want this year. My wallet is still bare from 2017-18.

Not much else to say really, but whats with the Class 66 wars? Hattons, Hornby and now Bachmann all duplicating models/liveries....just how popular do these manufactures think the 66 really is??

Sounds like we are both interested in the same items. Derails has just confirmed a few posts up that unfortunately 47435 has no headlight.

My only disappointment is that the two new releases of the Compound are BR black - again.  I'd have thought that we should be due an LMS red one by now.

Agree X thousands & millions, in fact, fed up of agreeing year on year, & I stopped asking at Bachy's exhibition stand years ago. I have 8 red Scots, 9 red Jubilee's, and guess how many Compounds. (Clue: less than 1).

So now we have 3 players offering the same liveried Class 66's at three different levels of detail...that's just plain dumb in this market.

Yes Hornby offer the cheap & cheerful version for the lower end but what does the Bachmann 66 offer considering it will probably be the same price or more expensive than the new tooled Hatton's version  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

Presumably the images of the Royal Mail POS and GUV are photoshopped. They have the bright yellow band that was used before but not, to much complaint, on the new POT. I thought from its response that Bachmann was standardising on the POT dull yellow based on customer feedback.

My sentiments exactly, apparently there are 3 types of Class 66 buyers.