Class 92, By Accurascale

I have to say Accurascale are a breath of fresh air, yes the way they conduct themselves on here and on their website with the flow of information but it almost feels like you're dealing with someone you know personally if you know what I mean.

This is why I have the GBRf Class 92, TransPennine Mk5 Pack and Class 55 (Alycidon) on pre-order and if it wasn't for me ploughing funds into my own house & back garden refurb then I would most certainly have purchased their PCA Castle Cement Bulk Pack and the PFA DRS Bulk Pack but I am hoping they'll still be around in 6-12 months for me to have another stab.

All I can say is keep it up but I beg you please add either the Class 37 or Class 47 to your future portfolio, either one deserves the attention to detail that I know you can & will provide in their next incarnations...sorry about the cheaky wish list :thankyou:

• Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 30/05/2019 at 10:12, MGR Hooper! said:

I can recall only 2, but said 20 as I have no idea if there's more. 20 was an exaggerated assumption.

The main overheads at SLW are the fuel bills for Phil’s gorgeous Jag :lol:

• Funny 4

On 30/05/2019 at 06:10, MGR Hooper! said:

What the owners of SLW very easily forgot that Hornby is a much bigger company that SLW, staff wise Hornby has hundreds whereas SLW probably has less than 20 at the most. Hornby has to pay it's staff which comes from the models they make. Hornby models will always be more expensive.

I have seen this argument more than once and I still can't get my head around it. Surely this is not how capitalism works?

Companies get larger and can exploit economies of scale to lower prices, thus selling more, becoming more successful, making more profit and growing again. 

If the overheads of large companies inevitably lead to higher prices there would be no large companies as they would automatically lose out in a competitive market to smaller companies. I may be completely wrong here (it has been known, more than once!) but using the size of a company (be it Hornby or anybody else) as a justification for higher prices just seems completely wrong headed.

• Agree 5

On 30/05/2019 at 09:33, classy52 said:

I have to say Accurascale are a breath of fresh air, yes the way they conduct themselves on here and on their website with the flow of information but it almost feels like you're dealing with someone you know personally if you know what I mean.

Very much agree with that "Classy". Overheard a few conversations around the Accurascale stand at DEMU and, for a fairly new and "immature" company these guys really are professionals and instilling loads of buyer confidence. But they are confident themselves and that is a great value - choosing a production deltic as the first very loco would be daunting to some, but the "fearsome foursome" are totally unfazed - brilliant, and Accurascale deserve to do really well.   

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, rubber duck said:

Right Accurascale,   Can you please pick up the baton for the APT,  I really NEED one in my life...

Regards Peter. 

Hi rubber duck,

No, I’m afraid not. I don’t think that would be a project for us, it’s just too much of a risk. We also have a huge amount on our plates, including some beautiful 92s which we can’t wait to get out there along with our Mark 5s and other as yet unannounced projects. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi rubber duck,

No, I’m afraid not. I don’t think that would be a project for us, it’s just too much of a risk. We also have a huge amount on our plates, including some beautiful 92s which we can’t wait to get out there along with our Mark 5s and other as yet unannounced projects. 

Cheers!

Fran

Quite agree, though I'm sure you gentlemen would make a good APT-P, you'll have an outstanding business model and you'll are extremely professional. Really, hats off to you guys.

I think you'll will be getting a few more Class 92 orders now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi rubber duck,

Cheers!

Fran

Unanounced?  You mean the other night in the pub it wasnt you lot that told me youre making a class 40 next, followed by a class 83?  And to think it cost me sixteen pints of guinness and two £50 deposits.  Oh dear, I think i may have been had.

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Unanounced?  You mean the other night in the pub it wasnt you lot that told me youre making a class 40 next, followed by a class 83?  And to think it cost me sixteen pints of guinness and two £50 deposits.  Oh dear, I think i may have been had.

I was told the walls of the pubs of Burton had ears, yet I didn’t listen! More fool me...

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

3 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I was told the walls of the pubs of Burton had ears, yet I didn’t listen! More fool me...

Cheers!

Fran

They don't, but they do have CCTV with microphones, I'll have two of your next announcement in 'that' livery as the cost of keeping my mouth shut.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

I am so looking to getting one of these new Class 92 models. With this and the new Mk5 packs to come. I am well in for a treat in 2020. I better start saving up but if I am allowed to throw another model suggestion their way. Can we have a TDA Tank Wagon in the Murco and the Rusted metal liveries please? 

I would have suggested a new Class 60 model in OO gauge with metal horns and footsteps with a 21pin DCC interface and cablights but we already have a decent model from Hornby. So instead, can I suggest a Class 185 Desiro that TPE operates?

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

19 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

So instead, can I suggest a Class 185 Desiro that TPE operates?

Now that's an excellent shout. 92s and 185s regularly run together on the northern WCML. There goes the rainy day fund and any savings I have! :yes:

And that’s forgetting about the MK5s too, both operators of which have run on the northern WCML recently. Is there a mortgage option listed anywhere on the website??

Keep it up guys!

Jack.

• Like 1

I am looking at building something based around Barnetby that uses Class 153's, Class 185's for passenger trains hence my wee suggestion for the Class 185's and this model railway will be called "Bloomfield Lea Road" once I get the project into production. But the layout will have a twist because I will run some Class 60's that would be modified into my livery with the CAF Mk5's attached to them. Therefore I can do a what is real and what is not ;).

Though if Accurascale did some TDA tank wagons in Murco and Rusted metal. I don't think I am allowed to suggest TEA tankers in VTG because Revolution Trains/Rapido Trains has already done those. I am a fair person and I would happily settle for a rake of 30 TDA bogie tanks from these folks as then I can have a model of the Heathrow-Lindsey oil train when it was operated by Colas Class 60's before it moved over to gargoyles (aka Class 70's) :).

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

the CAD images suggest the pantograph has not got the extra spring loaded lower arm often seen on 00 gauge models which helps push it up,,,,, so how does yours work?

Hi there,

We’ve come up with an intricate solution that we are currently working on with China to see if it’s feasible and robust  for mass production. We also will be keeping our cards close to our chests for now as it’s something we want as our own unique selling point over other companies. The design will be apparent on the first pre-production model.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

We’ve come up with an intricate solution that we are currently working on with China to see if it’s feasible and robust  for mass production. We also will be keeping our cards close to our chests for now as it’s something we want as our own unique selling point over other companies. The design will be apparent on the first pre-production model.

Cheers!

Fran

You better IP it :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

As far as other electric locomotives, I enjoyed my original Tri-ang Class 81, with it's larger diameter knurled wheels, but there's been nothing since then in the proprietary market has there?  (R753)

How about 'the main line electric locomotive which started it all' on the WCML?

Just a thought.

There was mention of 50 pints of Guinness prising information out in an earlier thread, and Class 83.

Al.