Jump to content

RJennings

DJ Models Announcement 01/05/19

AY Mod

Please keep posts on topic. Rubbish will be removed.

Message added by AY Mod

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, njee20 said:

People definitely do seem to have read too much into his message.


He's just gone away. Possibly because he's frustrated at how this has gone and just wants a few days reprieve before dealing with the fall out, possibly to take a long hard look at the state of his business, possibly to go to China and try and get the definitive update on all his projects, possibly to put all of his crowdfunders money on black at a Vegas casino. All he said is that he will try and answer some questions when he's back.

Simple really - all he posted was 'I'm out of the office until ...'   Simple statement of fact and nothing else, no hints about anything good, bad, indifferent, relevant, or irrelevant  but basically a 'don't bother to try contacting me as I won't be here' message.   Just the sort of thing some of us would do when we popped off on holiday etc or took a break, or were away on business or whatever - and in this case we don't have a clue what the 'whatever' is so it's pointless to speculate about it.

  • Agree 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that's what I'm saying, but lots of people seem to be reading loads into it; "he's gone to China", "he's said he'll post an update when he returns" etc etc. It seems a bit moot, it's not like he was responding to the criticism before he went away, there was a week between his announcement and going away after all, it wasn't the following day as has been quoted.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, njee20 said:

People definitely do seem to have read too much into his message.


He's just gone away. Possibly because he's frustrated at how this has gone and just wants a few days reprieve before dealing with the fall out, possibly to take a long hard look at the state of his business, possibly to go to China and try and get the definitive update on all his projects, possibly to put all of his crowdfunders money on black at a Vegas casino. All he said is that he will try and answer some questions when he's back.

As I have mentioned previously, I do have experience of starting, building and being a Director of a substantial business. In the early days, before we had enough staff to cover during holidays, then even on rare family holidays I spent several hours every day on my phone/computer. Couldn't afford to lose touch with customers or business developments. Even when business was established with good support people we were still frequently disturbed on holidays. Running a business properly is a big and total commitment. 

  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah no, as I have said before blah blah blah and everything else, it's like, you know what I mean like.

  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

Yeah no, as I have said before blah blah blah and everything else, it's like, you know what I mean like.

 

Soft lad.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, highpeakman said:

As I have mentioned previously, I do have experience of starting, building and being a Director of a substantial business. In the early days, before we had enough staff to cover during holidays, then even on rare family holidays I spent several hours every day on my phone/computer. Couldn't afford to lose touch with customers or business developments. Even when business was established with good support people we were still frequently disturbed on holidays. Running a business properly is a big and total commitment. 

That inevitably has to be the case with any  small business, even if you are just 'helping out' the one man band running that business,  It is surprising that some people and some businesses simply do not realise that especially if they are, say, the liaison and communication conduit between a customer and, say, a factory producing something for that customer.  And putting things on Facebook about what you are doing when customers are in need of your assistance with something can also be a bad move.  Like it or not to make your business work you need 100% commitment and if it isn't there it won't help your business develop or help customer confidence.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Sorry to add to this thread but has Dave made a follow-up clarification to that original posting - I have seen some comments to imply that he has but having gone through the first 17 pages again I can't see anything other than an old YOUTUBE interview  and after 17 pages I gave up.
Edited by TEAMYAKIMA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, we've done his "clarification" (which clarified nothing, but was more of a retraction) at length, don't worry.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely do not wish to add to this misery but could someone please give me the link to his clarification/retraction or just tell me which page it's on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just on his homepage here. He's not posted any content here whatsoever.

 

The discussion on the clarification on this thread starts at page 19 here.

Edited by njee20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, njee20 said:

 

The discussion on the clarification on this thread starts at page 19 here.

 

Apologies, I gave up on page 17 - so near and yet so far!

  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

... Like it or not to make your business work you need 100% commitment and if it isn't there it won't help your business develop or help customer confidence.

 

That is just so true, and I speak from experience of turning a hobby into a business three times over a period of 35 years.  The only thing I'd add is that no amount of knowledge about or enthusiasm for your products will ever make up for a lack of business acumen - specifically the ability to see your business from the customers' POV.

Edited by spikey
the inevitable typo
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, spikey said:

 

That is just so true, and I speak from experience of turning a hobby into a business three times over a period of 35 years.  The only thing I'd add is that no amount of knowledge about or enthusiasm for your products will ever make up for a lack of business acumen - specifically the ability to see your business from the customers' POV.

 

One thing that I still struggle to get to grips with is the fact that my Boss is "always on" - after 15 years working for a large US Corporate, going back to a small family business takes some getting used to.

 

Still don't like phoning him on holiday, even though he tells me I must LOL

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Dave is away till the 17th on holiday / in china what ever that's all that can be said on that should he not choose to communicate on this forum or via his website about the concerns and issues raised then that is up to himself only. If he has the ability to communicate and isn't then by the fact we are on page 53 of what is a well lets be frank a negative response then its doing him a lot of harm!

 

I am fully aware that people on here and elsewhere have invested in projects he has began which currently appear to be stagnating severely and it's them I feel for, but the fact people are bringing up his past business ventures and what appears to be happening now it really is showing a negative track record for him which is unfortunate for all involved. i say this as lets be honest the more manufacturers and more models in the market is good for us, but if he cannot carry the projects through to the end it isn't doing anyone any good.

 

It's at the stage now where we do seem to be going round in circles on this thread asking the same questions in different ways, delving into the what if's x,y,z and the only person that can solve this is Dave himself and not by making another statement or written update, but by showing some physical proof may that be pictures of actual tooling or getting actual models into the market.

 

So all in @DJM Dave the ball is firmly in your court, lots of people want answers time to step up to the plate!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...