Accurascale Fran

PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

They look absolutely fantastic Fran!

Well done to everyone involved in bringing these to fruition. I can't wait to see the ARC ones.

Guy

• Thanks 1

The I are looking very nice, I am getting ever more tempted to replace my unfinished Lima / scratch built hybrids.  The quality of that model is slowly creeping past the “made it myself” factor 

• Thanks 1

Another fantastic looking wagon...

cant wait.

• Thanks 1

Not bad at all! Just wish they were N-gauge; I'll have to carry on dreaming.......

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your very kind comments and feedback, it is much appreciated! 

Time for another tasty reveal! Today it's some lovely mendip action, as we preview our ARC PTA/JTA/JUA tipplers in their iconic mustard and grey livery!

1_(1).jpg.f13fdbcde07d48e6821d546bb5815df1.jpg

These beauties have been particularly popular with pre-orders, and the perfect addition to your fleet for stone train workings with BR blue, railfreight, sectorisation and privatization era locos as well as the lovely ARC Class 59s, among others!

3.jpg.a1ce7c621ca80c8ea9643babc5a870c7.jpg

Once again, please note that the fit and finish on these will be much better on the production batches you receive and some paint shades will be tweaked.

4_(1).jpg.6e3a0c88995f87cd1ba929d0ef44b617.jpg

7_(1).jpg.8d8e172ca58f570f9a58ca0d53c0932d.jpg

6_(1).jpg.b32464870a22f5d86d79b6433867a722.jpg

1762206135_2(1).jpg.a076910042f2db65ef7d31fb1fe85e43.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

10.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for showing us the 1/43 scale O gauge wagons Fran.   When do you expect the 1/76 scale OO gauge ones for review?

Awesome.

Edited by KDG
Smelling pistake
  • Funny 4

Posted (edited)

Made payment for my ARC order last night and have been suitably rewarded with those pictures :sungum:

Edited by BR(S)
  • Thanks 1

Looks fantastic...I do not need to buy 5 more !

I'm glad you've mentioned the paint shade, it looks a little limey and not yellowy enough IMO, appreciate difficult with camera/monitors/phone screens etc. and they were obviously very clean when brand new.

Hi Fran,

They look very nice. I'm excited to be on the order book for these!

Regarding the paint 'tweaks', can you confirm which colours you will be tweaking? Is it the main mustard colour? Having spent a lot of time photographing this shade I can understand that it looks quite different in different photos (it's not very tolerant of the colour casts on photographic film from the period). Also, the under frame grey looks a tad dark too (when compared to the grey of the ARC lettering for example). Could be a trick of the light though since that area is more in shadow in the photos?

A couple of details that people might want to add (aftermarket) are the buffer locking collars and knuckle coupling pole on the outer wagon buffered end. They were often missing from the wagons though so no problem not having them. I never got round to adding these to my ones either!

Cheers,

Guy

• Like 1

Minimum Curve 70 metres? Geez, need a big layout to run those on.....

• Like 1

I keep misreading this thread title as "...(NOW WITH ADDED BIN LINERS!)" :huh:

1 hour ago, lyneux said:

Hi Fran,

They look very nice. I'm excited to be on the order book for these!

Regarding the paint 'tweaks', can you confirm which colours you will be tweaking? Is it the main mustard colour? Having spent a lot of time photographing this shade I can understand that it looks quite different in different photos (it's not very tolerant of the colour casts on photographic film from the period). Also, the under frame grey looks a tad dark too (when compared to the grey of the ARC lettering for example). Could be a trick of the light though since that area is more in shadow in the photos?

A couple of details that people might want to add (aftermarket) are the buffer locking collars and knuckle coupling pole on the outer wagon buffered end. They were often missing from the wagons though so no problem not having them. I never got round to adding these to my ones either!

Cheers,

Guy

Hi Guy,

Both the mustard and grey colour is being reviewed for tweaks.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

Fantastic looking wagon set. Looking forward to seeing these when they arrive

1 hour ago, Clagsniffer said:

@Accurascale Fran are there any plans to do wagon loads for these models like you did for the HUOs?

We’re working on it.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

Hi Fran

These are looking fantastic.

Can you confirm that the axles will be 26mm over the pinpoints?  I know this was an issue with the Cemflos.

regards, Chris

Hi everyone,

We hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday and reflecting on VE Day - let’s celebrate and be thankful for the sacrifices made by so many.

To add to the celebration, it's time for another PTA/JTA/JUA reveal! Today it is our other British Steel pack, the original and iconic grey and orange livery, synonymous with the triple headed Class 37 and double headed class 56 trains between Port Tolbot and Llanwaren as well as Ravenscraig trains.

2_(2).jpg.9e942083b2bb3dba7aa6bad456f7b3b5.jpg

These have been our most popular sellers of the PTA/JTA/JUA production run so far, and it is easy to see why! We are not sold on the grey, and it is getting tweaked before production. We cant wait to see a recreated 37 triple header!

Cheers!

Fran

270829324_5(1).jpg.c1b9aa9eff6f558a5e9295c791f544a1.jpg

7_(2).jpg.78c26835ac1c2bf50f289b099d05a0a3.jpg

1_(2).jpg.368e56e17b0e496de2bd41b9d7958c92.jpg

1189466736_6(2).jpg.2ce87f82b3d4a6dedd7246086a0fab6d.jpg

8.jpg.991caa55b5fb0119e01a8e67bca18ea7.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Hi Fran,

Absolutely echoed on VE day.

A good decision to run the Inners on these then. All versions look great. For such a heavyweight wagon amongst wagons it's a surprise they haven't been produced to such a standard before now but hopefully you can capitalise.

I presume the grey needs to be darker maybe?  They look a little bluey on the photos but that maybe just the light.

Good luck with their production.

Rich.

• Like 1

They look great and they are the ones that I have ordered but I can see why you are not sold on the grey, it does look a little too blue.

Wonder if I should try and recreate this:

spacer.png

Photo courtesy of Terry Hutton.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Yes, there is too much blue in the grey, but will be corrected!

Cheers,

Fran

• Thanks 1

Hi Fran,

I’m really glad I took the decision to order a 10 wagon set of these in the grey/orange livery to run on Newlands Park. Might even put the 85 on them for the Hardendale workings. 

Whilst the grey looks a bit light in the photos it’s probably not a bad shade for creating the work worn faded weathered look these wagons appear in. 

All the best 

Mark

• Thanks 1

Rookie question - would these “grey” and orange wagons be used for the Hunterston - Ravenscraig runs when they were top and tailed by Class 37’s probably during late 70’s / early 80’s ? .........seem to recall them thundering thru our local station when I was waiting for the Evening Times newspapers to arrive for my paper-round........ 

Thanks