Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Canopy Nudging

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

One should take into account the effect of the sunlight streaming in through the window, illuminating  Apollo's helmut as he bends forward, towards Diana 's recumbent figure. 

The contrast provided by the light and shade seems to seek to illustrate the continuing struggle between good and evil........

Why am I suddenly reminded of Peter Butterworth's character at the evening meal at the end of "Carry on up the Khyber"?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Careful, don't set me off!

Simply alluding to the juxtaposition between the light and shade and the inference that may be drawn to that which lurks in  the shadows.......

Darling. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

One should take into account the effect of the sunlight streaming in through the window, illuminating  Apollo's helmut as he bends forward, towards Diana 's recumbent figure. 

The contrast provided by the light and shade seems to seek to illustrate the continuing struggle between good and evil........

You are CK and I claim my five pounds.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I haven't been out at all today. Oh! hang on. That's a lie. I went out to collect my 25% off wine order from Sainsbury's. I don't think that counts, though, as it's not actually "going out" is it? More of a daily chore.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

CTMK requested that I accompany here to a local U3A Open Day this afternoon, so I duly went along. Whilst all the various stands and subjects they cover are no doubt of great interest, I didn't sign up to any of them, because I have far too many commitments talking rhubarb here on RMWeb, to spare time for any other activities such as those.

Nevertheless, I have to report that one of the activities that you could sign up to was 'Spoon Carving'. The representative of the class on the table at the event was the local TV personage Adam Hart-Davis.

It wasn't clear to me whether the group was about carving spoons from unspecified materials, using unspecified tools or using spoons (of an equally unspecified material) to carve other, similarly unspecified items, from similarly unspecified materials.

It turned out it was about the former, but I declined to become involved.

I could never live it down in Horrocksford if I was to become involved in that kind of endeavour.

Edited by Captain Kernow
Not confusing enough.
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I admit to buying a copy of that record in July 1965. Within days I had given it away, to the German girl I was “seeing” at the time, who promptly took it home to Germany, where it had been made. 

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1