Brian's 7mm Diesel Workbench, Belated up-date!

• 2 weeks later...

They think it's all over, it is now!

Final day at work today working a car train from Morris Cowley to Didcot and I am now redundent. As I am 59 I am taking early retirement as well as I think 43 years on the footplate is enough. Takes the P*ss a bit a company that makes people redundant then advertises for drivers :scratchhead:  but there you go I'm sure they know what they are doing :no: 

Anyway more time for modelling as you can see I have let this go a bit.

post-6766-0-66288800-1498843106.jpg

post-6766-0-92785000-1498843107.jpg

• Like 17

Enjoy your retirement, leaving early has its benefits which I'm certain you will find out very quickly!

Happy modelling too :)

• Like 1

All the best for the future Brian. We've had a load of guys finishing this week too, bit of an end of an era. Although I don't think our paths have crossed professionally it's always a pleasure having a browse of your thread so I'll be keeping an eye on all the extra projects you'll have on the go now!

It'll be interesting to see how things change in this part of DB land after Sunday, fingers crossed it goes smoothly

Jo

• RMweb Premium

post-6591-0-27139000-1498915154.jpg

Did they let you take this one home?

Congratulations on your early release.......I did the same, and I can guarantee it feels great, here's to many relaxing and happy modelling days to come  :dancer:

Final day at work today working a car train from Morris Cowley to Didcot and I am now redundent. As I am 59 I am taking early retirement as well as I think 43 years on the footplate is enough. Takes the P*ss a bit a company that makes people redundant then advertises for drivers :scratchhead:  but there you go I'm sure they know what they are doing :no: 

Anyway more time for modelling as you can see I have let this go a bit.

Brian, congratulations on your retirement but as for ' more time for modelling' you'll be the first to achieve that. I've been retired five years and I've never been so busy! The old adage ' I don't know how I found time to go to work' seems to apply in most cases, so good luck!

Steve

Hi Brian,

All the best in your retirement. I think there are a lot of very unhappy DB staff at the moment my brother is a driver at Eastleigh. He is staying at the moment but is looking elsewhere as staff morale is at an all time low.

Anyway more time for modelling and photography I am sure you will find plenty to do.

All the best Peter.

Believe me Brian twelve months from now and you will be wondering where the time has gone, suddenly there's not enough time in the day to do the things you have planned

Early retirement was the best thing that happened to me

All the very best for yours.

Regards

Bob

• 3 weeks later...